The Student Room Group

Men: how do you feel about your girlfriend's sexual history?

I've been with my boyfriend 6 months, I'm 21 and he is 25. Recently he asked me if I'd had a one night stand, I didn't want to lie so I said yes. He got really upset about it and generally my whole sexual history ended up coming out.

I've slept with 9 people inc. my boyfriend - 4 relationships, 2 one night stands and 3 friends-with-benefits scenarios. Before my current boyfriend I hadn't had sex for a year, it was mainly a phase I went through as a fresher (3 years ago.) He was really upset about this and said that most men would be. I still don't understand why. I kept trying to get him to explain but I just didn't get it. I know that's (probably?) more than average, but it's not like it's ABSOLUTELY RIDIC. He's slept with 5 people but 1 of them was a 5-year relationship which I think explains difference.

It's not like we're going to split up or anything and he says he'll get over it. But I still don't really get it or why it bothers him so much and I was wondering if someone could try to explain. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Nobody likes the image of their partner banging other men? His own fault for asking the question though if he wasn't prepared to deal with the answer
Reply 2
I feel as strongly about my girlfriends sexual history as the police do about my internet history
Reply 3
Original post by steve collins
Nobody likes the image of their partner banging other men? His own fault for asking the question though if he wasn't prepared to deal with the answer

Pretty much this. I just don't ask anymore.....
Reply 4
Original post by Manc990
I feel as strongly about my girlfriends sexual history as the police do about my internet history

When's the sentencing? :tongue:

I have never cared in the past. As said above, if you won't react well, don't ask.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend 6 months, I'm 21 and he is 25. Recently he asked me if I'd had a one night stand, I didn't want to lie so I said yes. He got really upset about it.

He shouldn't of asked should he really.

Anyway 9 guys isn't anything to threat about 90 yes, 9 no :smile:

I couldn't care less about my GF's past as I'd over shadow most girls in that department :colone:
The only man my hand's been with is me so it's all good.
Reply 7
Let me explain this to you, basically his lad points has recently taken a hit when his girlfriend who is 4 years Younger than him has slept with 4 More people than him.

This gives a decrease of (4x(9/5))x100 = -720 lad points to him. Well i'd be somewhat 'upset'.
Reply 8
nah couldnt give a **** she doesnt care about mine so why should I ccare about hers?
Reply 9
I've been with my boyfriend 6 months, I'm 21 and he is 25. Recently he asked me if I'd had a one night stand, I didn't want to lie so I said yes. He got really upset about it and generally my whole sexual history ended up coming out.

I've slept with 9 people inc. my boyfriend - 4 relationships, 2 one night stands and 3 friends-with-benefits scenarios. Before my current boyfriend I hadn't had sex for a year, it was mainly a phase I went through as a fresher (3 years ago.) He was really upset about this and said that most men would be. I still don't understand why. I kept trying to get him to explain but I just didn't get it. I know that's (probably?) more than average, but it's not like it's ABSOLUTELY RIDIC. He's slept with 5 people but 1 of them was a 5-year relationship which I think explains difference.

It's not like we're going to split up or anything and he says he'll get over it. But I still don't really get it or why it bothers him so much and I was wondering if someone could try to explain. Thanks!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WAT A SKET!!!!!!!!!! DASH UR BB PIN 2 ME. I'LL LINK DAT IN NO TIME :wink:

DIS IS U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06RU52dwj_s
She was a virgin - so very pleased :smile:
Original post by sk007_644
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WAT A SKET!!!!!!!!!! DASH UR BB PIN 2 ME. I'LL LINK DAT IN NO TIME :wink:

DIS IS U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06RU52dwj_s

ur still here? :facepalm2:

What about if she's slept with other girls?

Exactly this... if you don't like the answer don't ask the question.

From my perspective, anything the girl has done before i got involved with her is none of my business. It's her past, not mine.
I'm not a fan of my girlfriends history, 9 guys I think, and that was all at a pretty young age - but then again shes changed a lot since then

Though to be fair, I don't think she'd be happy with my history if she was to find out I lost my virginity to an Italian milf prostitute in holland lol
Reply 15
I think some guys think that the more sex that girl's have had, the less importance they place on it and the more likely they are to cheat, because sex appears to mean less for them.

9 sexual partners in around 4-5 years (I'm guessing), is actually quite a lot.
Original post by dumporstay?
ur still here? :facepalm2:

lmao hus dis?
personally i can understand - and sympathise - with people who hold this viewpoint.

why? because i feel exactly the same way about my boyfriend's nookie past.
i think a little bit of this feeling may be to do with the fact that i am still a virgin..... but i think it is even more to do with having met the girl he lost his virginity to on a school trip when they were both only aged 13 (they were in relationship for nearly 10 years, and they broke up only 2 months ago), and i have a MAJOR dislike of her. while my guy is very modest, quiet and very pleasant, his exgirlfriend is complete opposite - very brash, likes to brag about their time together..... and hearing of this hurts so much sometimes.
I used to be bothered by that kind of thing when I was younger because you don't expect a girl (or guy) to have too much of a history at a younger age.

But now at my age it's very likely that they do have a bit of a history and so I've just learned to accept it....most of the time I don't even ask. The only time it would matter is if the girl has a reputation of having been around the block or something.

sometimes men become insecure when they find out that their partner has a long sexual history. if you're far more experienced than he is then he may feel as if he has to out-do all your previous partners in bed. another reason why he may be worried is because he doesn't want to feel as if he's going out with a slag (not that i'm accusing you of being one).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending