The Student Room Group

I always though EDL was against Islam?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yes Abdul Salaam is a "Muslamic infidel".
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SAK.A
Well it depends on how big the religion is, like say there is a village consisting of 100 people, 90 are Christians and 10 are Muslims. Then it would make sense to build more churches than mosques. If there are the same number of Muslims and Christians then equal amounts should be made but then again Christians are not supposed to attend churches five times a day.
The government should pay for the building of the place of worship, the amount should be relative to how many people and how often, and with what purpose they are built.

Not to forget that the money that comes from building mosques tends to come from the community; hence the reason why the main Mosques are bigger than some of the other ones. This probably also happens with Churches as well
Reply 42
I've seen videos of him on YouTube, I'm quite certain he has learning difficulties or something along that line. He must be deaf, dumb and blind if he can't see what most of the EDL thugs chant at protests.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by de_monies
Not to forget that the money that comes from building mosques tends to come from the community; hence the reason why the main Mosques are bigger than some of the other ones. This probably also happens with Churches as well

The community in my area managed to raise £1.3 million for a mosque. And it looks beautiful.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8259558.__1_3million_Blackburn_mosque_opens/
Original post by SAK.A
The community in my area managed to raise £1.3 million for a mosque. And it looks beautiful.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8259558.__1_3million_Blackburn_mosque_opens/

This one still needs a tiny bit of work on the minaret, but it is awesome. It used to have one dome only

http://www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/news_keighley/4531210.Ceremony_marks_work_on_mosque/
Original post by Le Masquerador.
Being against militant Islam is just their cover, pretty much everyone who has seen an EDL demonstration knows that they have zero tolerance for Islam of any kind. And the Muslims in the EDL who do not understand this are absolute fools.

Well said.
Reply 46
Original post by SAK.A
EDL don't want mosques to be built. Isn't it pretty stupid for a Muslim who should be visiting the mosque 5 times a day to be protesting against the building of mosques?
Most likely, the daft bugger thinks that if there are no mosques being built, he will have a good excuse for skipping all those time-consuming, boring prayers

But Allah is all-knowing, merciful, not-so-easily-fooled...
Original post by MoMatrix
How can he be a Muslim if he has allegiance to 'St George's flag' or kissing the queen on the flag.Islam doesn't promote nationalism to this extent.

No but it quite happily promotes anti-nationalism.

I've grown accustomed to seeing muslims fly/burn flags on the news.
Original post by Avik_
Can't we all just get along in peace.... :frown:

Same here. It's just these illiterate idiots try to stir up hatred, and at times succeed at doing so. :frown:
Reply 49
Original post by HedonisticMe

How does Islam promote anti-nationalism?

I've grown accustomed to seeing non-Muslims insult Islam on a regular basis doesn't mean that all non-Muslims are like that does it?
Original post by Van Grall
muslims can be against militancy also, as it can take many forms, but too many are scared of the repurcussions in their segregated communities.

Not necessarily. A decent percentage are scared for those in the more serious communities but most infact hate militancy and will do anything to stop it.

Go and see the anti - PKK riots in Istanbul (A MUSLIM country) - I can easily tell you that most of the people at those protests would take the law in their own hands if they were given guns and do whatever it takes to help take down militancy.

Those that won't do much or don't think that stopping Militancy are either rightly scared because of those that surround them, or are just plain uneducated.

Believe me.
How can he be a Muslim if he has allegiance to 'St George's flag' or kissing the queen on the flag.Islam doesn't promote nationalism to this extent.

that's strange -the pakistani community both here in uk,or back in pakistan seem to go mad for the pakistani flag and nation,particularly at cricket matches. Is that un islamic ?
Reply 52
Original post by HedonisticMe

But the US and UK are taking part in unjust wars in Iraq and Afghanistan where they physically kill civilians.............
Reply 53
Original post by Peace'n'loveman
that's strange -the pakistani community both here in uk,or back in pakistan seem to go mad for the pakistani flag and nation,particularly at cricket matches. Is that un islamic ?

He was kissing the queen a monarch on the flag that is definetly un-islamic.
Reply 54
Original post by SAK.A
EDL don't want mosques to be built. Isn't it pretty stupid for a Muslim who should be visiting the mosque 5 times a day to be protesting against the building of mosques?

Wrong.
The slogan bandied around for EDL is that they want to eliminate Islamic extremism. If someone joins, it should first be assumed that they want to protest against Islamic extremism, and not that they don't want Mosques built.
Reply 55
But the US and UK are taking part in unjust wars in Iraq and Afghanistan where they physically kill civilians.............

Well at least they don't mentally kill them.......that would be scary

They also kill, as their only intention, extremists.
'EDL Abdul' is no saint anyway, there's a video of him on youtoob somewhere where he is chanting sectarian songs with his fellow Rangers scum fans...
Abdul is a contradiction. He says the EDL aren't racists, and then you see a large crowd chanting something like "We hate P***s" or something like that, they oppose the building of mosques, and he himself is against catholics as a whole, rather than just the IRA. Not to mention, the media will rarely pick on "good" stories. One person asked "What is the moderate Muslim doing about extremism" He must be extremely dumb to not know about things such as inter-faith walks, meetings etc.. and Muslims are openly condemning attacks(as well as the fact that there is a fatwa on terrorism)

By his logic, he should have gone to Ireland and asked "What is the moderate Irish man doing about the IRA?" The media has very rarely picked up on the good parts of the Irish people
Original post by de_monies
Abdul is a contradiction. He says the EDL aren't racists, and then you see a large crowd chanting something like "We hate P***s" or something like that, they oppose the building of mosques, and he himself is against catholics as a whole, rather than just the IRA. Not to mention, the media will rarely pick on "good" stories. One person asked "What is the moderate Muslim doing about extremism" He must be extremely dumb to not know about things such as inter-faith walks, meetings etc.. and Muslims are openly condemning attacks(as well as the fact that there is a fatwa on terrorism)

By his logic, he should have gone to Ireland and asked "What is the moderate Irish man doing about the IRA?" The media has very rarely picked up on the good parts of the Irish people

This.

I seen an interview with Abdul, and he was trying to justify the EDL. It was highlighted to him about racist behaviour of edl supporter and he looked confused and lost for words.

You always get one thick Asian joining a racist group. He isn't the only one, there is a Sikh guy heading the EDL and even a Sikh who support the BNP.
Reply 59
Original post by 2ndClass
Yes Abdul Salaam is a "Muslamic infidel".

And apparently with a ray gun too :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending