The Student Room Group

Girls always see me as friend material and I'm not sure why/how to change it

Anon or delete please

Ok so I'm 19, not a virgin however (one night stand) and I think I'm ready for a relationship now

Problem is I always get the feeling that girls see me a friend and nothing more. I'm not gay or act gay in any way so I doubt its that. The only thing it could be is the face I look young for my age (not posting pics) but I've been told I'm decent looking by girls. But friendship is the furthest it will go and I want more.

How do I change the way I talk/approach girls to make them want to be more than friends?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pics or GTFO
Reply 2
Original post by chiksy
Pics or GTFO

Can't you read? I'm not posting pics

So... you GTFO!
Reply 3
Pics or GTFO :aetsch::aetsch::aetsch:
Reply 4
Treat them mean, keep them keen! Always works for me!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Can't you read? I'm not posting pics

So... you GTFO!

To be fair, with so little information, how are we meant to help you?

More like pics, or you can remain being friend-zoned for the rest of your sexual life.
Pics orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr GTFO:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 7
Just be yourself but not a creeper?
Reply 8
Be a bit of a dick, never hands on, or just learn to be funny, don't listen to their life problems etc, the dick with the nice side always win over the just nice guy. I know, been on both sides :tongue:
If you like a girl...make her know it and ask them out rather than stay back and be labeled friend material...
Be sexy. I know it sounds like a weird thing to say but some guys are so shy and try so hard not to let the fact they like you show that they come across sexless and has nothing that makes me wanna get physical with them.
Reply 11
Original post by Brevity
To be fair, with so little information, how are we meant to help you?

More like pics, or you can remain being friend-zoned for the rest of your sexual life.

I'm not posting pics as most will say 'ahhh your ugly, 0.5/10' etc (not saying I'm gorgeous, some will do it even if Brad Pitt was posting for a joke!) . Not you personally but you know what TSR trolls are like.

I do think its the way I act but how do I change this?

Original post by Eveiebaby
Be sexy. I know it sounds like a weird thing to say but some guys are so shy and try so hard not to let the fact they like you show that they come across sexless and has nothing that makes me wanna get physical with them.

How?
Anon or delete please

Ok so I'm 19, not a virgin however (one night stand) and I think I'm ready for a relationship now

Problem is I always get the feeling that girls see me a friend and nothing more. I'm not gay or act gay in any way so I doubt its that. The only thing it could be is the face I look young for my age (not posting pics) but I've been told I'm decent looking by girls. But friendship is the furthest it will go and I want more.

How do I change the way I talk/approach girls to make them want to be more than friends?

I've never been in this situation but I know for a fact that the website AskMen and MensHealth have lots of articles about it. I don't know how useful they are but maybe start with that ?

Google it ? Sorry I wasn't more help.
Reply 13
If you think you're 0.5, that's a problem.

You need to improve your looks to have a chance. Get better fashion, wear quirky things, make your hair look good, get muscles, get a tan.

You probably need to be at least a 5.5 if you want to get some attention.
I'm not posting pics as most will say 'ahhh your ugly, 0.5/10' etc (not saying I'm gorgeous, some will do it even if Brad Pitt was posting for a joke!) . Not you personally but you know what TSR trolls are like.

I do think its the way I act but how do I change this?

How?

I guess it's partly about the way you carry yourself. Don't look all nervous all the time and say whatever you say with a certain amount of conviction. Say it like you mean it. Be flirtatious. Hold a gaze slightly longer than usual with a non-pedo smile. BE sensitive to a woman's body language too. If she moves in then that's generally a good sign rather than her body turning away from you. No medals won here for guessing that means she wants to get away...

Sort out the way you dress, your hair and your shoes too. Womens are very weird about bad shoes. You could go to the gym for a couple of days a week which also makes you feel good through endorphins and toning although I wouldnt bother becoming a massive beefcake for the sake of being attractive to women. Most men tend to get massive to be strong for themselves from what I have learned through TSR; many women prefer slimmer athletic types.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Basically you are hideous and girls aren't going to go any ****ing where near you in a sober state of mind. So get your kleenex out cos ****ing is all you're going be to doing.
Reply 16
Original post by Nepene
If you think you're 0.5, that's a problem.

Never said that, what I meant was that even if I was a 9.5 trolls will just say 0.5 for a laugh thus making me think its the reason I'm struggling.

Personally I'd give myself 6/6.5 (no pics)
Reply 17
Never said that, what I meant was that even if I was a 9.5 trolls will just say 0.5 for a laugh thus making me think its the reason I'm struggling.

Personally I'd give myself 6/6.5 (no pics)

One thing you could try is flirting more, then. Good touchy body language, sexual language. Get her to want you before she trusts you, then get her to trust you.

Flirt with other women in front of them too.
Reply 18
More confidence, less caring attitude towards girls and BAM got ya bird, Good luck buddy
Reply 19
Being a bit more.. sexually aggressive has attracted me in the past. I don't mean be so aggressive that you freak her out, I mean aggressive in that you are confident in what you're doing and knowing that she wants it. Some girls may like you but keep it at a safe friendship relationship because they don't know that the feeling is mutual. I'm too proud to ask a guy if he's interested, I know a lot of girls are the same. Girls think that it's guys territory to make the first move, and I'm inclined to agree because we're all too pussy to make a move first. Vanity means as much to a girl as ego means to a guy. Nobody wants that bruised.

In that being said, a few months ago I met a guy I found highly attractive, but thought nothing because he acted so casual. It wasn't until I went clubbing with him and he pulled me in for a tongue lashing that I knew he was interested. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending