The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Ok I joined the group..

Yeah it's a wonderful day I'm still inside but I have plans for tonight unlucky for you hollywoodbudgie! :frown:
Original post by siriusian
Ok I joined the group..

Yeah it's a wonderful day I'm still inside but I have plans for tonight unlucky for you hollywoodbudgie! :frown:

That's okay. If I work hard now I can enjoy a really long summer with little stress. ^^

Feel free to introduce yourself... Like, nerelisin? etc etc.
Sup.

Parents are Turkish - can speak fairly well but reading/writing is kinda poor. Born in Australia myself.
Reply 363
Uuhm, I lived for ages in North Cyprus so I can speak some Turkish, and I have an unrivalled love for pirinç pilav?.... does that count at all? (:
Reply 364
I born in Istanbul but my parents from Kirklareli and I'm doing my Masters in Kensington College on Computing and hopefully I'm planing to stay in UK for about two years :smile:

SuperiorHuman no worries man if you can speak others will come eventually reading is kinda easy tough and you can sort out writing later..

maymun I think it counts but pilav is hard to cook I tried for about a week before it was nice but it never tasted like my mums' pilav :biggrin:
Reply 365
I can see the society has grown.

I'd be happy if I could cook half the Turkish deserts my mum makes. :biggrin:
Reply 366
Born&Raised in Turkey.
Registered this site for getting some infos about A levels. and I've done my A Levels so no worries. Not planning to study in the UK. I don't think I will be active user here(since ppl outside of Britain ain't using here much)
Original post by sarpkaya
Born&Raised in Turkey.
Registered this site for getting some infos about A levels. and I've done my A Levels so no worries. Not planning to study in the UK. I don't think I will be active user here(since ppl outside of Britain ain't using here much)

As someone who is outside of Britain and using TSR, Im getting a kick out of that post...:biggrin:

Welcome aboard. True this site is based in the UK, and the majority of members are in or around there. But if you stay around enough you will see that people from many other countries are also represented, such as America.

I'm not attending a school in the UK but I am studying Turkish, so I joined up and have met some very cool people in this society so far. So hope to see you around the board from time to time.:smile:
Reply 368
Seni seviyorum :love:
Sorry Im not even turkish but one of my best friends is :smile:
Hosgeldiniz!

good to meet you Nash! Hope you will enjoy your time here with us :smile:
hey anyone studying in london or going to apply to a uni in london ? :smile:

by the way im from turkey.
Original post by Nash24
Seni seviyorum :love:
Sorry Im not even turkish but one of my best friends is :smile:

It is, and it means 'I love you'. :biggrin:

Original post by roxana burcu
hey anyone studying in london or going to apply to a uni in london ? :smile:

by the way im from turkey.

Merhaba, hosgeldin. :smile:
I'm studying biomedical sciences at Queen Mary and there's a few other people on this thread who studies in London or will be studying in London. Are you thinking of studying in London then?
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

I'm studying biomedical sciences at Queen Mary and there's a few other people on this thread who studies in London or will be studying in London. Are you thinking of studying in London then?

yes i am thinking to study at City university, in Cass for business studies :smile: but im still not sure about it.
I have got offers from other universities aswel. I need to make a decision.
I am concerned about going to city because its not well known but i have heard that cass business school is really prestigious. do you have any idea about it ? :smile:
Reply 373

Aah I think Turkish people are so sweet :smile:
Aaaah I applied to Queen Mary's for Biomedical Sciences! I was so confused between QMUL and Kings College..How is Queen Marys?
Original post by roxana burcu
yes i am thinking to study at City university, in Cass for business studies :smile: but im still not sure about it.
I have got offers from other universities aswel. I need to make a decision.
I am concerned about going to city because its not well known but i have heard that cass business school is really prestigious. do you have any idea about it ? :smile:

One of my brother's studied there for his masters in management :biggrin:
He had a very good experience of the university. What he found particularly good about it that distinguished it from many other business schools was the number of cooperative sponsers the university has. For example, my brother's dissertation basically involved working with the Chief Executive Officer of Garlik to set up a major charity that's now being launched. Aesthetically, it looks like a shopping center :p:
One of my brother's studied there for his masters in management :biggrin:
He had a very good experience of the university. What he found particularly good about it that distinguished it from many other business schools was the number of cooperative sponsers the university has. For example, my brother's dissertation basically involved working with the Chief Executive Officer of Garlik to set up a major charity that's now being launched. Aesthetically, it looks like a shopping center :p:

wow it sounds really great. Thank you for your answer! I will visit the university in june and learn more about the social life, and sports facilities. :smile: I am very excited about studying in Cass.
Original post by Nash24
Aah I think Turkish people are so sweet :smile:
Aaaah I applied to Queen Mary's for Biomedical Sciences! I was so confused between QMUL and Kings College..How is Queen Marys?

Cool, might see you around next year then. :p:

Right now I'm revising for my first year exams. To be honest, I actually applied for Kings and then got rejected, hence ended up at Queen Mary. :colondollar:

I find the university atmosphere of QMUL a great deal better than Kings because with QMUL pretty much everything is all together- the village shops, the lecture rooms, the bar, the sports area, the coffee shops etc. Having said that though, Mile End and Whitechapel (the places where you'd be having your lectures), is a grotty place to be at and sometimes it feels like the university is an oasis in such a wasteland. :p:

The teaching facilities are good. QMUL has a lot of hands on biology, so even in your first semester you'll be expected to work with corpses in Human Anatomy. My advice to you is not to throw away your A level biology notes because a lot of it will come up again. If you really want to have an advantage for next year, learn the names of all the bones and most of the gross muscles during the summer.

You might find this thread more useful for more info. :top:
(edited 12 years ago)
Turkey's Song for Eurovision 2011:

No wonder they didn't make it to the Eurovision finals. :facepalm:
heeyy guys!
did any of you attended to international foundation programme?
mine will start at City university! id love to hear ur experiences about it :smile:
thanks
hope you are all okay !
Reply 379
I'm egyptian/saudi/french moroccan/turkish. Can I join the discussion :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending