The Student Room Group

What makes a girl intimidating?? :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faith01
'you don't have to come and confess, were looking for you, we gon' find you' :colondollar: know all the words to it, legendary youtube video :yep:

lol I want to +rep you but I've run out :emo: I'll do it when I get fresh one tomorrow
remind me :colondollar:
Original post by Aisha~~
That's fair enough, but some of us do actually like a pair on a girl...so to speak. **** I used to date a girl that shaved her head regularly just for the fun of it. Although she may have also been borderline psychotic :tongue:

Bad choice of words there lol
Reply 82
Original post by flubadiblam
You sound like a keeper! :rofl:

I'm guessing that was sarcasm due to the condescending smiley, so care to explain precisely what is wrong with anything I've said?

Original post by Aisha~~
That's fair enough, but some of us do actually like a pair on a girl...so to speak. **** I used to date a girl that shaved her head regularly just for the fun of it. Although she may have also been borderline psychotic :tongue:

Maybe this is me being slow but what's a 'pair'? :tongue:
Reply 83
Original post by ForeverGold
So what if you found out later she wasn't sexually experienced as you thought, and she was a virgin would that make her less intimidating. :redface:

Personally this would be much more of a turn on for me.
Reply 84
You sound like a keeper! :rofl:

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

:facepalm:
Original post by .Ali.
I'm considered 'intimidating' by some boys. But I'm okay with that, as I don't date little boys, I'm more interested in men. :sexface:

Why I'm intimidating:
I have a very dominant persona
I'm extremely outgoing and confident
I'm quite intelligent which puts some morons off
I'm relatively high maintenance
I have ridiculously high standards
I go for men who are older than me
I'm extremely strong willed

Ah well, being 'intimidating' weeds out the pussies. :awesome:

Met many girls that are exactly like what you described:

Selfish
Stubborn
Developed early/believe they're "grown up"
Know it all, stuck up
BIG listening problem
Spoilt rotten
Attractive manner/maybe above average looks
Get what they want no matter the consequences to others
+all the things you had in your list

Im sure you're nothing like that and if you are you won't know it or believe it, its just the image your list gave me :wink:
Original post by foreveranon
I would take issue in your "most normal men" ;-) Most teenagers/younger men? Maybe. But by the time you're talking long-term adult relationships most people (male AND female) have realised that it takes equality to make things work long-term. Having a relationship with someone who is "toned-down" to the point they are uncomfortable asserting themselves to their actual partner? Misery-making, to both parties. The quieter partner feels bossed, and quite often reacts passive-aggressively. Might have worked 70 years ago, not so much now.

Bit of a misunderstanding, mate. I meant 'toned-down' in comparison to women who show the traits I described. I don't want a shy bambi who never talks back, but no dominatrix either who bosses me around. Just a 'normal' girl, if I may use this un-definable and highly subjective term again.
Reply 87
Met many girls that are exactly like what you described:

Selfish Not when in a relationship, can be at other times.
StubbornDepends, can be.
Developed early/believe they're "grown up"Lol, I do actually act older than my age, because I don't find what regular teens do to be 'fun'
Know it all, stuck upDepends on your view, I'd say I was 'knowledgeable' :wink:
BIG listening problemNah, I'm actually a good listener
Spoilt rottenSome would say so, some wouldn't. That's relative
Attractive manner/maybe above average looks Not going to lie, I'm not ugly.
Get what they want no matter the consequences to others Not really.
+all the things you had in your list

Im sure you're nothing like that and if you are you won't know it or believe it, its just the image your list gave me :wink:

Some are right, some aren't. (see red) Not everyone's cup of tea, some like it some don't. :wink:
Original post by .Ali.
Some are right, some aren't. (see red) Not everyone's cup of tea, some like it some don't. :wink:

Add "fun/sociable" to that list. I think you misunderstood the listening problem part lol
Original post by HumanNature1992
Those high maintenance always done up chicks :colonhash:..they're probably intimidating to regular girls too

They're just not human! I don't know where they find the energy from :confused:
Reply 90
Original post by Foo.mp3
Don't follow re: the sarcasm?- and I should hope not re: babes doll-snatch! :smile:

He's right to suggest a high degree of correlation between some of the attributes you both gave, though this is not limited to women as such

Lulwut to the first part.

There is sometimes a correlation tbh, not always though. :tongue:
Reply 91
Add "fun/sociable" to that list. I think you misunderstood the listening problem part lol

Lol I'd describe myself as a 'sociable' person...

How did I?

Original post by sugar_and_spice
They're just not human! I don't know where they find the energy from :confused:

It's not that difficult. :s-smilie: I don't get girls who say that lol, I mean even if I'm not doing anything that day, I still do my hair & makeup and wear a nice outfit. It's just me. Looking a certain way is a constant thing, not an act for when I go outside. Why would it take a lot of energy?
Reply 92

this.
Guys what makes a girl intimidating?
I don't mean holding a butchers knife or negative things. If you liked her but ignored her but do that staring thing that you guys do "yes we know you do it out of the corner of our eyes" :ninjagirl:

Girls has a guy ever been intimidated by you before?
Have you found out later on or by a friend that a guy liked you even though they never told you.

tl;dr version

Guys intimidated by girls?
Girls has a guy been intimidated by you?

YES! :frown:

I was talking to a guy online who I kind of knew from a party. We talked for a week, and then met each other again at a erm, social gathering. We got on soo well, and I got the impression that he really liked me (and was later told that he infact did). Anyway, we then met up again, and he acted really strange, and kept talking about how tall I was. He then told me on FB that he didn't realise how tall I was at both parties (partly due to the fact I was sat down 99% of the time), and said he felt like he was utterly feminised stood next to me. FML! How I hate being 6'1" :/

EDIT: Oh another time was when I told him I held a certificate saying that I was legal to carry and use 2 rifles, and that I had a 92% accuracy with moving targets haha...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by JmJtr
Haha, my thoughts exactly.

:facepalm:

Another one who's intimidated by a confident woman? Your loss tbh.
Original post by .Ali.
Lol I'd describe myself as a 'sociable' person...

How did I?

It's not that difficult. :s-smilie: I don't get girls who say that lol, I mean even if I'm not doing anything that day, I still do my hair & makeup and wear a nice outfit. It's just me. Looking a certain way is a constant thing, not an act for when I go outside. Why would it take a lot of energy?

Rarely do what you're told/advised
Reply 96
Rarely do what you're told/advised

Oh right, I took it as something else. Yeah I have a tendancy for that, but I don't see that being a problem in a relationship. If he loves and respects me, he won't try to tell me what to do. :s-smilie:
Reply 97
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Glad I could help :wink: Invoice for psychological counselling is in the mail lol

If it's a bad thing depends on your standpoint. Most 'normal' men do not like these traits in women, as they can be quite intimidating, and they prefer more 'toned-down', feminine women. Equally strong/dominant men might enjoy seeing themselves being mirrored by you, but in a relation there would be a lot of friction. Often strong women end up with wussies, who they can boss around - and usually the guys don't even mind; those relationships actually work lol
In career terms, these traits are absolutely fantastic. People will take you more seriously, listen more closely, and you will more likely get your way.

There is no way I can date a "wussie". I'm for equality in a relationship, so being with someone I can order about doesn't seem all to appealing. Also, I'm not one to boss anyone about really... I'm just assertive in my views but equally that doesn't mean I won't listen to my partner or compromise. I think its quite sad that this would be seen as intimidating. Thanks for the outlook though, its interesting to hear a guy's opinion ...... haha I'll watch out for the invoice :tongue:

Original post by foreveranon
As a slightly older woman than you are -- no, not at all.

You're about to embark on a world which has a lot more in it than relationships, and there will be people who will try and intimidate you, especially as a female, if you're perceived as an easy target. (Not JUST females I hasten to add, I've had to step in front of my own partner on occasion when people saw someone who was Just Too Damn Nice).

There is nothing at all wrong with letting your body language declare you to be a guy's equal, and the guys who are intimidated by it are honestly the ones you probably would want to stay away from in the first place as they want to be In Charge of the relationship. At best, if you're not naturally a stand-back person you'll find that relationship frustrating, at worst, that might well not be a guy who wants someone easy to control for a not so nice reason. Neither of those make for healthy relationships.

That said, do make sure that if you do end up dating someone slightly quieter you don't end up steamrollering them. Consciously stopping and going "Hey, what would you like in this?" is a GOOD habit to get into in any relationship.

Thank you :smile: I've always felt this way but its just startling to consider my traits as intimidating.... personally I've never given it much thought.
Yeah, life is tough... I guess my traits are beneficial for my future. But, I can see with what your saying about the relationship being equal. I guess that is something I would want but with my age I find a less "intimidating" (although I disagree with the term) girl would be more agreeable. I take it you share the same traits as I do?
Original post by JmJtr
Personally this would be much more of a turn on for me.

Why do some guys get turned on by virgins the guys in my uni seem to like slutty girls from what I've seen anyway.

Even though people are shocked I'm a virgin maybe I look or act like I'm sexually experienced. :dontknow:

Girls has a guy ever been intimidated by you before?

I guess, and i suppose I can tell.. if they're intimidated.

I think it does have a lot to do with confidence...but i'm not the loud type, dont like to be the centre of attention or anything..I'd just rather get on with my life and enjoy myself with friends too:smile:

Have you found out later on or by a friend that a guy liked you even though they never told you

yeah..but I'm not sure about people who think they like you without even talking to you. So it doesnt really mean anything, unless we've talked quite a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending