The Student Room Group

Revision

It's now only 4 weeks until my GCSEs start, and I haven't exactly done a lot of revision yet :frown:. What can I do to make sure that I get all of my predicted As and Bs in all of my 13 exams?
Reply 1
why don't you start by looking at threads and posts made by other gcse students, asking the exact same thing?
Reply 2
or get off the computer, pick up a pencil, get some paper, get your revision guide and start writing :smile:
Reply 3
I've tried writing, but it never works for me... :frown:
It's GCSE. You don't need to revise.

If you're really worried though, 4 weeks is enough time, just start now.
Reply 6
Original post by heartskippedabeat
It's GCSE. You don't need to revise.

If you're really worried though, 4 weeks is enough time, just start now.

wise words... (seriously) we can get by a lot of it with common sense I think...
though my english and DT could use a little work :smile:
Reply 7
Seriously, kick yourself, pick up a textbook, paper and a pen and start. Once you get going it's much easier, trust me.
Reply 8
Original post by duddles95
I've tried writing, but it never works for me... :frown:

Then there are spider diagrams, tables, highlighting notes, reading notes, talking it over with a friend, past papers etc.

experiment a bit.
Reply 9
Thanks - these are exactly the words I need to get started. You're comment is the kick up the behind what I really need... :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by Alian

Original post by Alian
Then there are spider diagrams, tables, highlighting notes, reading notes, talking it over with a friend, past papers etc.

experiment a bit.

Thank you - all of these comments from people are great. I will definitely be taking all of these into account. Plus, I need to read all of "To Kill a Mockingbird" in a month. Is there anywhere where I can download a free audiobook version other than from Librivox - I concentrate better when I'm reading and listening.
Reply 11
Just look over all your notes, I'm starting on monday but I'm going to make powerpoints of notes as I can't be bothered to write stuff out, lol, and do past papers.

Why neg..?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Implo

Original post by Implo
Just look over all your notes, I'm starting on monday but I'm going to make powerpoints of notes as I can't be bothered to write stuff out, lol, and do past papers.

Thanks - I was thinking of doing past papers, and I only considered doing Powerpoints until now. How many exams have you got?
Reply 13
Original post by duddles95
Thanks - I was thinking of doing past papers, and I only considered doing Powerpoints until now. How many exams have you got?

I have 11 :P I'm going to do powerpoints for Science and English for my texts and business studies.

Quick Reply

Latest