The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by True Ace
Is "Y Tu Mama Tambien" really any good? I know it got good reviews but I'm not sure whether to see it or not.

Yeah, s'pretty good.
Reply 881
Yeah, I'm with Jace on this. Y tu Mama Tambien is a great movie.

The dude who directed that, directed The 3rd Hrry Potter film, which imo was the best out the lot.

I need a fee good drama/romance (not a must) films to watch. They can be foreign. Just need a food good recommendations.
Reply 882
Original post by Sangha236
Yeah, I'm with Jace on this. Y tu Mama Tambien is a great movie.

The dude who directed that, directed The 3rd Hrry Potter film, which imo was the best out the lot.

I need a fee good drama/romance (not a must) films to watch. They can be foreign. Just need a food good recommendations.

Bronson was pretty good but there's no romance in that. The Princess Bride is good too but thats more action-adventure than drama.
Reply 883
Bronson was pretty good but there's no romance in that. The Princess Bride is good too but thats more action-adventure than drama.

Cheers. I like Tom Hardy too.

Edit:

Nvm, I have no idea why but last few days I have clearly been seeing ****.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 884
Re: Guts.

The worst part about it is that all three masturbation stories are true stories!
Source Code is absolutely brilliant. Great premise, perfectly executed and with the best ending I've seen in a long time. I enjoyed it just as much as Inception.
Duncan Jones is a director to watch.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 886
I liked In a Better World. The conclusion did feel a little cliched; it was one of those movies where somewhere in the middle you're thinking 'Wow, this is fantastic!', and then it kind of drops off, and by the end you think 'Okay, that was good, but it could have been better...'. Some parts were very powerful, though; I'd say it's definitely worth watching.
(edited 12 years ago)
Bladdy fanboys

oooh The Girl who kicked the Hornets nest.. I need to get that and the other two 'Girl who ...' films on DVD, asap
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Bladdy fanboys

oooh The Girl who kicked the Hornets nest.. I need to get that and the other two 'Girl who ...' films on DVD, asap

Read the books.
Original post by spacepirate-James
Just watched Perfume. Good but the book was better. :teeth:

Original post by mimimimi
I absolutely adore that film... It's on iPlayer right? I'll have to re-watch it before it expires! I agree that the book is better, but I think it's a really good adaptation nonetheless.

Just watched it too. Haunting yet beautiful.

If anyone else is interested, it's on iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qh059/Perfume_The_Story_of_a_Murderer/

Original post by Phalanges
x

Wouldn't be a bad film for you to do a review on.
Talking of reviews, what happened to the Inception review competition?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Nobody bothered to enter it, so it just died.

I might try a review of Perfume. I've been meaning to get one up of Sucker Punch recently but have been really busy.
Original post by Phalanges
Nobody bothered to enter it, so it just died.

I might try a review of Perfume. I've been meaning to get one up of Sucker Punch recently but have been really busy.

What?! But so many people said clearly, in this thread alone, that they would write one if there was one. Disappointing, guys. :colonhash:

Then again, exams may be getting everyone down.
Reply 893

They're there, you just have to go deeper...

:colondollar: I'm sorry, it was just too obvious a joke to just leave it.
Reply 894
Batman hotel suite anyone?

Original post by aja89
Batman hotel suite anyone?

Not good enough. Has to be in a cave with a waterfall and bats.

Ah yeah, seen that earlier.

I'm assuming they [io9 staff] recognised that Serenity should not have won the past few rounds, so they put up a top 10 list of films better than it. Naturally, the true winner, Blade Runner is at the top. :u: It's a shame that the poll turned out to be such a blatant popularity contest to the point where it wasn't even the most popular film which won, but the one with the most fervent fan base. Wouldn't agree with all the entries on that list, but I suppose they are just highlighting some that are better and not saying this is their complete list. If Inception is on that list, then Matrix's absence is a crime.
(edited 12 years ago)
They're there, you just have to go deeper...

:colondollar: I'm sorry, it was just too obvious a joke to just leave it.

Well played, sir. And welcome to the thread. :smile:

NS17
x

Elaborate Sheep
x

pearlover
x

Hally9
x

Ael8
x

Welcome to the society and the chat thread! Feel free to talk about any films you're looking forward to, or have watched recently. :h:
Reply 899
The Hobbit!! December 2012 can't come soon enough! Not sure about filming in 3D (even with the fancy shiny cameras that were custom built by a guy in a shed). Martin Freeman could be a good Bilbo too :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest