The Student Room Group

He's never had a girlfriend and it really puts me off.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RP Lover
What would i gain from trolling?....exactly what rainbow-dream said.

So let me get this straight.

You really like this guy but the fact he doesn't flirt with other girls or hasn't ever had a girlfriend puts you of.

Sort yourself out, you sound really insecure.

"If other girls haven't loved him how can I do it ?"

:rolleyes:
Reply 61
how do you do that?

Note flaws was in quotes.
Just to clarify by opposite of muscley and really really good looking what do you mean?
Do you mean he is average build, a tad skinny or so skinny you can see internal organs?
Opposite of really good looking: do you mean really ugly, a bit ugly, average or good looking but not hollywood/model good looking?

They are only flaws if he falls in the uber unhealthy skinny and super ugly cayegories.

Initial question: like people have been saying either you like him or you don't, somebody has to be his 1st serious girlfriend (also that could mean multiple things), and you can't only date super good looking and super muscled guys.
What made you so special?
Reply 63
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
So let me get this straight.

You really like this guy but the fact he doesn't flirt with other girls or hasn't ever had a girlfriend puts you of.

Sort yourself out, you sound really insecure.

"If other girls haven't loved him how can I do it ?"

:rolleyes:

This.
Surely the fact that he isn't flirting with just any girl is a sign he actually likes OP. OP if he flirted with every girl how would you know he really means it with you? Surely its a compliment he doesn't flirt with just anybody
He deserves better
Original post by gilesthewhale
lol no. I just have standards.

Does giles-the-whale reflect your body physique?
Reply 66
Original post by gm15
Note flaws was in quotes.
Just to clarify by opposite of muscley and really really good looking what do you mean?
Do you mean he is average build, a tad skinny or so skinny you can see internal organs?
Opposite of really good looking: do you mean really ugly, a bit ugly, average or good looking but not hollywood/model good looking?

They are only flaws if he falls in the uber unhealthy skinny and super ugly cayegories.

Initial question: like people have been saying either you like him or you don't, somebody has to be his 1st serious girlfriend (also that could mean multiple things), and you can't only date super good looking and super muscled guys.

not skinny at all. He's not fat, but not slim. he's like average i think. But not muscly.
He's average looking..
I like a guy who likes me and we're in the flirting stages just before we get together. But, he's the kind of guy who's never had a proper girlfriend, isn't a big flirter and can be a bit shy with girls. And it's putting me off so much.

I always find that I like him wayyy more if I see him with another girl or if I see other girls flirting with him.

Also, I'm a bit put off him because he's not like the other guys I usually go for. I usually go for good looking (in the majority of other girls' eyes), muscly guys. he's the opposite.

what should i do

Go for a Gang Bang :biggrin:
Reply 68
not skinny at all. He's not fat, but not slim. he's like average i think. But not muscly.
He's average looking..

So he's not actually flawed in the looks department. So you don't have to "see passed" that.
He doesn't flirt with every girl: Like i said surely that is a good thing...it means he really means it when he does flirt. Has he flirted with you?
Never had a serious gf: does that mean never had any gf or just not a serious 1.
If its just that he's never had a serious one then its not like he's had no experience. And even if he means he's never had any girlfriend that doesn't make him defective or anything maybe he's just picky.
Reply 69
You sound like a ****ing bitch and clearly don't like him. Shut the **** up and move on.
I like a guy who likes me and we're in the flirting stages just before we get together. But, he's the kind of guy who's never had a proper girlfriend, isn't a big flirter and can be a bit shy with girls. And it's putting me off so much.

I always find that I like him wayyy more if I see him with another girl or if I see other girls flirting with him.

Also, I'm a bit put off him because he's not like the other guys I usually go for. I usually go for good looking (in the majority of other girls' eyes), muscly guys. he's the opposite.

what should i do

I think that if you like him, give the fella a chance :biggrin: And I heard that skinny, average looking guys are making a comeback....?
Reply 71
Original post by dinglemeister
I think that if you like him, give the fella a chance :biggrin: And I heard that skinny, average looking guys are making a comeback....?

hes not skinny.

hes like chubby but not fat? hes not fat but hes not slim. he's untoned..
Really ?

Never thought it would work like that.

Can't a guy just have swagger and confidence ? With lots of girls checking him out etc.

I certainly don't believe it matters to the point where not being a flirt puts you of. I find shy girls cute and I think it's kind of endearing and I know a lot of girls feel the same about shy guys.

A lot of girls secretly like bad boys, even if in the long run they don't make the best relationship material. It's a well known fact that players get girls more easily than the nice guys for the same reason. I think the best idea is probably to just be confident, outgoing and be funny. :smile:
Original post by Rainbow-Dream
A lot of girls secretly like bad boys, even if in the long run they don't make the best relationship material. It's a well known fact that players get girls more easily than the nice guys for the same reason. I think the best idea is probably to just be confident, outgoing and be funny. :smile:

I've got my girl so I just need to be myself.

I was just asking in general terms. So girls go for bad boys then are surprised when they get treated badly ? o rly

My gf never went for bad boys ... Well she brought one home once in an attempt to get her dads attention but that doesn't really count. I had a conversation once and a few of my friends said bad boys were the kind you snog in a club then never speak to again.
I've got my girl so I just need to be myself.

I was just asking in general terms. So girls go for bad boys then are surprised when they get treated badly ? o rly

My gf never went for bad boys ... Well she brought one home once in an attempt to get her dads attention but that doesn't really count. I had a conversation once and a few of my friends said bad boys were the kind you snog in a club then never speak to again.

Yep - there are girls that will then complain even though they knew that they would get treated badly. Reminds me of when I was in secondary school in year 11 a guy with a moped would impress girls and they were rumours of him sleeping with atleast 5 or 6 girls in our year / the year below and his girlfriend just kept going back to him. He did weed, got excluded from school eventually but his parents somehow managed to beg teachers to let him stay.
Other notable examples include Ashley Cole (yup she's apparently secretly 'sorting things out with him') and Wayne Rooney.
Original post by n65uk
Grow the **** up. Either you like him or you don't.

This. I can't bear girls like this, they'll be the type who always want something the neighbours have got when they are older. I mean, I never give a **** if other guys are swarming round a girl, fact I'd probably be put off. What does it matter if you find them attractive?
Original post by Rainbow-Dream
Yep - there are girls that will then complain even though they knew that they would get treated badly. Reminds me of when I was in secondary school in year 11 a guy with a moped would impress girls and they were rumours of him sleeping with atleast 5 or 6 girls in our year / the year below and his girlfriend just kept going back to him. He did weed, got excluded from school eventually but his parents somehow managed to beg teachers to let him stay.
Other notable examples include Ashley Cole (yup she's apparently secretly 'sorting things out with him') and Wayne Rooney.

Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney aren't "bad boys" they're just morons that have lots of money.

You forgot to mention Peter Crouch. I have no idea what Abbey Clancey was doing with him in the first place never mind staying with him after he cheated twice.
You don't deserve him
Reply 78
Hate girls man dey iz so shallow.
Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney aren't "bad boys" they're just morons that have lots of money.

You forgot to mention Peter Crouch. I have no idea what Abbey Clancey was doing with him in the first place never mind staying with him after he cheated twice.

Meh - maybe not 'bad boys' as such, but they treat their girlfriends badly. Oh and Abbey Clancy needs to stay with that ugly twerp so she can get the great lifestyle, minor presenting jobs and modelling contracts to help raise her profile. In the case of Cheryl Cole though, I really don't get what she sees in Ashley.

Quick Reply