The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
Any Chemical Engineering firmers???
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Borat_13
Any Chemical Engineering firmers???

Yeah, can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 3082
Original post by user1111
Yeah, can't wait :biggrin:

What's your insurance??? I can't make up my mind about firming UCL or Manchester. Got rejected from Cambridge and imperial, GUTED :frown:
What's your insurance??? I can't make up my mind about firming UCL or Manchester. Got rejected from Cambridge and imperial, GUTED :frown:

Yeah I got rejected from imperial as well post-interview :frown: but I picked UCL over Manchester and i'm happy with my choice :biggrin: my insurance is Surrey.

Definitely UCL! I was in UCl and Manchester. I took Manchester as Insurance, but man I really want to go in UCL, bot Manchester. I am not saying it's bad, but UCL is MUCH better
Original post by MilaneseCat

Original post by MilaneseCat
Hey there, buddy! What's your offer fore?

My offer is for philosophy, but I'm still deciding between Bristol and UCL because the former uni. will let me study German, too (plus Bristol is $15k cheaper O.o). I change my mind nearly everyday X) It all depends on whether I am willing to learn German in an evening class (um, yuck?) while at UCL. Plus, UCL is very hard to contact (they didn't return any of my 6 emails :P) and I have to submit my housing application by the end of this month (I don't even know if I will be going there, yet!) This whole higher education thing is all very frustrating :frown:

What will you be studying at UCL? What state do you live in?
Yeah I got rejected from imperial as well post-interview :frown: but I picked UCL over Manchester and i'm happy with my choice :biggrin: my insurance is Surrey.

hi, I'm a UCL cs offer holder as well and I firmed UCL. Could I ask what is your requirement? mine is AAA and I am a little strange that it seems they give AAB offer last year. Does ucl cs requirement change to higher than before?
Hoping see you there.:wink:
Original post by patrick ye
hi, I'm a UCL cs offer holder as well and I firmed UCL. Could I ask what is your requirement? mine is AAA and I am a little strange that it seems they give AAB offer last year. Does ucl cs requirement change to higher than before?
Hoping see you there.:wink:

AAB is just normal offer, so there maybe some lower or higher offers. I am not on A-levels, but my offer in terms of A-levels would actually be something like AAAB.

P.S. If by CS you mean Computer Science, I am also applied for that course :wink:
Original post by Dark Alukard
AAB is just normal offer, so there maybe some lower or higher offers. I am not on A-levels, but my offer in terms of A-levels would actually be something like AAAB.

P.S. If by CS you mean Computer Science, I am also applied for that course :wink:

hi, yes CS that I mean computer science. I'm sorry that I should have said clearer and I realize that the person who I quoted just then may not be in CS department. lol.....
Recently, I found many UCL cs offer holder in student room. How is your studying going on? Do you have confidence to get the requirement? :smile:
Original post by magnum.opus
My offer is for philosophy, but I'm still deciding between Bristol and UCL because the former uni. will let me study German, too (plus Bristol is $15k cheaper O.o). I change my mind nearly everyday X) Plus, UCL is very hard to contact (they didn't return any of my 6 emails :P) and I have to submit my housing application by the end of this month (I don't even know if I will be going there, yet!) This whole higher education thing is all very frustrating :frown:

I feel you, I change my mind everyday between Warwick and UCL. Most frustrating thing ever.

But isn't the housing app deadline the end of May?
Original post by sammydolce

Original post by sammydolce
I feel you, I change my mind everyday between Warwick and UCL. Most frustrating thing ever.

But isn't the housing app deadline the end of May?

Yes, you're right :} The deadline is the end of May (woohoo! that gives me another month! *procrastinates decision longer*)

You live in Japan? I'm very sorry for all that is going on over there :frown: Best wishes from the USA!
Original post by patrick ye
hi, yes CS that I mean computer science. I'm sorry that I should have said clearer and I realize that the person who I quoted just then may not be in CS department. lol.....
Recently, I found many UCL cs offer holder in student room. How is your studying going on? Do you have confidence to get the requirement? :smile:

Studying very hard :smile: Actually I am doing self-study every day for 3 hours. I am quite confident that I will get these grades, but who knows....
Reply 3092
Original post by Zuzuzu
I'm in the same position as you; although, *puts tin hat on to avoid abuse from the firmers*, I'd rather go to my firm choice.

Original post by thestudent55555
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?!
I have UCL as my insurance (though truth be told I reeeeally wanna go here!!!)
How do I apply for accomodation? The website says I can only apply for it if I have firmed it! Does that mean I have to wait for my results and apply if I DO end up going there?

I'm in the exact same situation! Considering that your posts were a week ago, has either of you worked out what to do about it? I emailed them and asked but they never replied to me :teehee:
Hey guys a question; On my UCAS app I wrote that I'll be living at home, but after more serious consideration I really wanna live at UCL. How do I go about changing this? Thanks.
Reply 3094

Just firmed UCL :smile: Cya there in september. Are you applying for the accomodation???
Reply 3095
Original post by kerily
I'm in the exact same situation! Considering that your posts were a week ago, has either of you worked out what to do about it? I emailed them and asked but they never replied to me :teehee:

I still don't have a clue. :frown:
Just firmed UCL :smile: Cya there in september. Are you applying for the accomodation???

Yeah! :smile: see u there. Yeah I've applied for accommodation. Are you going to? Hope I get something not too far from campus.
Original post by Ultimate1
Hey guys a question; On my UCAS app I wrote that I'll be living at home, but after more serious consideration I really wanna live at UCL. How do I go about changing this? Thanks.

I don't think it matters. I also wrote that I will be staying at home but applied for accommodation and it went through :smile:
Okay I just got an offer from UCL but I'm slightly confused about the conditions, it says that I need an A in French, an A in English, another GCE A level and a further pass to AS level but excluding history which is the extra AS I've got!
Do they expect me to do another AS level between now and September or something...
Original post by ParanoidAndroid44
Okay I just got an offer from UCL but I'm slightly confused about the conditions, it says that I need an A in French, an A in English, another GCE A level and a further pass to AS level but excluding history which is the extra AS I've got!
Do they expect me to do another AS level between now and September or something...

I suspect they were meant to say including? That's what mine said. Email them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending