The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

10,000 posts has been reached a new thread is needed!

Link to old thread :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=669414

Active Members :

PinkMobilePhone
children :
Lydia Fay - 25th September 2005
Alexander Joshua - 14th August 2007
Jason Matthew - 24th September 2009
Nathan James - 10th July 2013

HmMusic
children :
Scott - 20th July 2013

Elles
children :
baby - May 2013

HerRoyalHighness
children :
Ella - nearly 5
Owen - 19 months

Annie72
children :
H - 1996
M - 1998
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

1st post...

YAY!
Reply 2
Oooh new page!

Sorry to hear your sad news again Dita, I really hope you have some luck for next time. xxx
Sephrenia: Oh :/ Whilst I was pregnant I was told they would do me a plan of 10% or £50, which ever was higher :/

Dita: I'm sorry to hear that :frown:
I have known a few who went through miscarriage after miscarriage, and was told that she would be unlikely to carry to full term, so she gave up. A few months after she gave up with trying, she found out she was pregnant. So it is possible, but it is going to take a lot of trying. Don't lose heart :hugs:
Have you talked to your GP about it at all dita?
Hi all, thanks for the lovely messages. I have made an appointment for Tuesday as that is the only time the nice GP is available. Hopefully we will get referred then and see what exactly is happening.
Hugs Dita.
I'm sure if its meant to be it will happen. There's lots of people in your case. Don't give up hope.
So sorry to hear that Dita :frown: I hope the doctors manage to help you somehow.Don't forget that time is on your side. You will get there, don't lose hope. *hugs*
Reply 8
Original post by thru sun and rain

Sephrenia: Oh :/ Whilst I was pregnant I was told they would do me a plan of 10% or £50, which ever was higher :/

Dita: I'm sorry to hear that :frown:
I have known a few who went through miscarriage after miscarriage, and was told that she would be unlikely to carry to full term, so she gave up. A few months after she gave up with trying, she found out she was pregnant. So it is possible, but it is going to take a lot of trying. Don't lose heart :hugs:

Weird! When I was working there is was 10%. Minimum order was £100. As long as it was available on BP you could have it on there. It was that a month ago :smile:
oh dear oh dear

Lydia got her stabilisers off today. She was doing really well, until she turned wrongly, and smacked her face on the handlebars............

has anyone else had really bad ovulation pain? Mine is agony. Plus Im concerned as its 6 days early from when i should be and my period began on the 28th March. Does this sound normal?
Reply 11
One thing I'd like to say is, if you're thinking of buying anything on a "lay-by" schemes (or any schemes where you pay part of it and pay more as you can afford), if you are buying it through such a scheme because you can't afford the initial outlay, I'd suggest you don't buy it that way unless you are very familiar with the financial liquidity of the merchant concerned..... in today's economic climate with so many shops suddenly closing and even reputable names aren't immune to winding-up... Best to just put the money aside on your own and buy one when you have enough money. Else if the shop goes out of business it is kiss goodbye whatever money you put down...... while it may be possible to get it back, chances are with the way things are in this country.....by the time you get the money back you probably won't be needing a pram :biggrin:

Dita : Sorry to hear.... hope there's light at the end of the tunnel soon.

PMP : Ouch.... but such things can happen. Hope she is better now.
Original post by Iorek
One thing I'd like to say is, if you're thinking of buying anything on a "lay-by" schemes (or any schemes where you pay part of it and pay more as you can afford), if you are buying it through such a scheme because you can't afford the initial outlay, I'd suggest you don't buy it that way unless you are very familiar with the financial liquidity of the merchant concerned..... in today's economic climate with so many shops suddenly closing and even reputable names aren't immune to winding-up... Best to just put the money aside on your own and buy one when you have enough money. Else if the shop goes out of business it is kiss goodbye whatever money you put down...... while it may be possible to get it back, chances are with the way things are in this country.....by the time you get the money back you probably won't be needing a pram :biggrin:

Dita : Sorry to hear.... hope there's light at the end of the tunnel soon.

PMP : Ouch.... but such things can happen. Hope she is better now.

I agree-you never know in time like these. Much rather put the money aside myself.
Reply 13
Original post by Iorek

But if you have a baby arriving in a few months you need the pram there and then! Can't always wait until you have enough money, it might be too late by then.
Reply 14
Been rather swamped with work lately, didn't get to spend all that much time with the little one.

Our little one is not doing all that well...... she has been having trouble adapting to her new nursery... she starts screaming her lungs out each time I send her there, she hasn't been all that into it either unlike the previous one where she loved going there.

Original post by hmjessop
But if you have a baby arriving in a few months you need the pram there and then! Can't always wait until you have enough money, it might be too late by then.

A lay-by scheme isn't a credit sale. You don't get to take the pram home the day you pay the deposit but only upon the final payment being made.

The only advantage to such a scheme is where there is a sale and the deal is unlikely to happen again.

Can't wait? Well........ then you just got to pull out that credit card... else you only have yourself to blame :smile:
TBH personally I think it's a waste of money buying a really expensive pram. Just go for a decent CHEAPER pram. It doesn't have to be an iCandy or anything half as fancy. I went through 3 kids without even sniffing at an iCandy pram lol.

edited to add :

there's a graco on Argos on offer for £109.00 (Graco Mirage Pushchair Travel System)

I had a Graco myself but a three wheeled one, and it was excellent but my only grumble was that the wheels didn't swivel.
I also had a graco tandem stadium duo which DID have swivel wheels, and that one was excellent.

I'd buy that one from Argos if it were me, and a car seat (to make use of the travel system). There's no need for prams that cost the earth.

In fact, a lot of people these days don't even use prams, they use slings. Slings give me backache though, but each to their own.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Iorek
A lay-by scheme isn't a credit sale. You don't get to take the pram home the day you pay the deposit but only upon the final payment being made.

The only advantage to such a scheme is where there is a sale and the deal is unlikely to happen again.

Can't wait? Well........ then you just got to pull out that credit card... else you only have yourself to blame :smile:

Ah OK, my mistake.

Dita_parlo
Hello, has anybody here ever had experience of multi miscarriages and then go on to have a successful pregnancy? Either themselves or someone they know?

My sister in law had her first child, then five miscarriages before she managed to carry past five months- she's due with her second in about three weeks! So hopfully a successful pregnancy!
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

I could never figure out a sling,
I got given one by my mums friend :/ Tried once and I felt so insecure using it, so never used it again.

Right now I have a horde of clothing because I don't like selling clothes and bits, but I guess they gonna sit there gathering in case I have another (which right now I doubt :o: )
Reply 19
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
TBH personally I think it's a waste of money buying a really expensive pram. Just go for a decent CHEAPER pram. It doesn't have to be an iCandy or anything half as fancy. I went through 3 kids without even sniffing at an iCandy pram lol.

edited to add :

there's a graco on Argos on offer for £109.00 (Graco Mirage Pushchair Travel System)

I had a Graco myself but a three wheeled one, and it was excellent but my only grumble was that the wheels didn't swivel.
I also had a graco tandem stadium duo which DID have swivel wheels, and that one was excellent.

I'd buy that one from Argos if it were me, and a car seat (to make use of the travel system). There's no need for prams that cost the earth.

In fact, a lot of people these days don't even use prams, they use slings. Slings give me backache though, but each to their own.

Not sure if it is in the region of the country where you're at, but over here some people have it that expensive prams are just like BMWs :biggrin: It's not about the features or the quality of the pram, but more about being seen to have an expensive pram.

Weird thing, a lot of those buying expensive prams don't drive expensive cars :smile:

Ah OK, my mistake.

Always good to learn something new :smile:

Haha... we have something in common :smile:

We attend the same school :biggrin:

I could never figure out a sling,
I got given one by my mums friend :/ Tried once and I felt so insecure using it, so never used it again.

Right now I have a horde of clothing because I don't like selling clothes and bits, but I guess they gonna sit there gathering in case I have another (which right now I doubt :o: )

Old ones don't go, new ones can't come :biggrin:

I always used to tell myself that whenever I went through breakups :biggrin: or needed a justification to get some new clothes, so best way to get it was to get rid of older ones :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest