The Student Room Group

PM on holiday

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
I honestly hope you're joking, or you're just weird.

Lol : D half :dontknow:
Reply 21
People respect leaders more for doing what they please rather than being self-conscious about things which people will inevitably moan about. He should holiday where he likes.
Bloke can holiday where he wants. I'd rather he jetted off with Ryanair than have an RAF transport take him and a huge entourage across such a measly distance. COUGH BLAIR COUGH.

And Southern Spain is lovely, there's an awful lot to see besides the bars of Malaga and Benidorm. I spent a week on a field trip in the Almerian desert in February and it was great.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by NGC773
Whatever he does he will get slammed by people.

If he went first class, stayed in a 5* hotel and had all the amazing luxuries that being rich has he would get slammed for it

But he went on a budget holiday and still.... get slammed for it.

So why not go for something in the middle? A 3 or 4 star hotel and fly with BA. People wouldn't be able to complain either way then.

This is a clear publicity stunt.
Reply 24
Original post by L i b
People respect leaders more for doing what they please rather than being self-conscious about things which people will inevitably moan about. He should holiday where he likes.

Agreed. I mean, seriously, Ryanair? I wouldn't go anywhere near it, and I'm poor!

I'm sure he's probably a nice guy, but as a leader, Cameron is amazingly annoying.
Original post by js374
Is this just a cheap publicity stunt.

You don't say :rolleyes:

To be honest I'd rather he go on an expensive one that have to fly Ryan Air, personally I'd die if I was in his position :colondollar:
Reply 26
Original post by D.R.E
Agreed. I mean, seriously, Ryanair? I wouldn't go anywhere near it, and I'm poor!

hahah completely agree!

i wouldnt have cared if he flew 1st class with a decent airline and stayed in a decent hotel... he's the PM, he can afford it. and it was her 40th bday, so splash out a bit!

what bothers me is the PR stunt of this hol... this is why he's so dislikable as PM; there's no honesty about him, everything he does is about his public image and spin. he comes across as completely disingenuous.
I was always under the impression that the PM didn't actually earn that much each year :s-smilie:

Does anybody have have a verified source detailing his wages?
Original post by Darkphilosopher
I was always under the impression that the PM didn't actually earn that much each year :s-smilie:

Does anybody have have a verified source detailing his wages?

£142,500.

Source: Parliament website
Reply 29
He is such a legend lol.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
£142,500.

Source: Parliament website

Ok thanks :smile:
Original post by Aj12
Meh who cares.

This

Quick Reply