The Student Room Group

"Handedness" survey

Right, similar to the experiment of putting your hands together:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1600232

What hand do you write with? What hand do you hold a book with, what hand do you use to turn the pages and finally, do you turn pages from the top or bottom of a book?

I have been thinking about this for a while, as I seem to be different than most right-handed people in this aspect...

I am right handed, hold book with right, turn pages with left and turn pages from the bottom of a book.

Scroll to see replies

Right handed

Hold book with right hand

Left hand to turn pages

Turn them from the top
Right handed
hold with right hand
swap holding book hand to turn pages with left (because I'm weird!)
and turn from top :smile:
Left handed
Hold book with left hand
Turn pages with right hand
Turn pages from the top
Reply 4
Original post by Tizmo
I am right handed, hold book with right, turn pages with left and turn pages from the bottom of a book.

Me too. I'm right handed but usually use my left hand for most other things. For example when I open a bottle of water I hold it with my right hand and turn it with my left, or when I'm eating crisps I hold the pack with my right and eat with my left.
Reply 5
Same here. I would say that while I write with my right hand, my left is probably the strongest hand.
Reply 6
Right
Left
Right
Reply 7
I'm right handed, and I generally hold a book with both hands, so flick the pages over with my right hand. But, if I have to hold the book with only one hand, I'd choose my right and page-turn with the left at the top of the page.

This is a weird thing to be interested in, you know.
What hand do you write with? What hand do you hold a book with, what hand do you use to turn the pages and finally, do you turn pages from the top or bottom of a book?

left handed, i hold it with my left but usually read it flat :P turn pages with my left and turn from the side... or the bottom.
I thought this survey was going to be about which hand you, erm, relieved yourself with.
Reply 10
Right handed
Hold book in left , turn pages with right from bottom of the page
Left handed, turn page with left, from bottom
I'm right handed
I hold the book with my left generally I think? And turn my pages with my right hand, from the middle of the page. Is that an option? :tongue: or maybe the bottom. Not the top though.
Right handed, hold book with.. both? Sometimes left sometimes right.
Turn pages with right, and from the top.
I am right handed; my left hand is stronger but my right hand is more co-ordinated.

I hold the book with my left hand, or sometimes both. I turn the pages with my right hand, from the top of the page.
Reply 15
If I try and turn a book page with my right hand, it feels so unnatural to me!
Reply 16
Write with right
Hold book with both hands or sometimes right
Turn pages with right
Turn pages from about the middle, usually nearer the bottom
Original post by Tizmo
Right, similar to the experiment of putting your hands together:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1600232

I have been thinking about this for a while, as I seem to be different than most right-handed people in this aspect...

Same as you.
Reply 18
Write with left
Hold book in right
Turn page with left, at the bottom or middle

I'm a bit strange with my hands anyway though, I'm left-handed but have to play tennis (or any other sport swinging a bat of some sort) with my right
I'm right-handed.
I hold the book in my left hand. I don't use any hand to turn the pages, I just sort of release the page from my thumb and collect it under the next thumb. If it is a large book where that is not possible, I use my right hand at the top of the page. Unless I'm sitting at a desk, where it'll be the bottom.

My results may not make much sense, because when I was little whenever I ate supper I would read at the same time, and learnt to do many maneuvers with my left hand...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending