The Student Room Group

Black Chicks/People + Skin Bleaching - Question..[Sensible people]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmpressKeloa
All this "there are some beautiful dark-skinned women out there" sh*t is ridiculous.

All dark skinned women are beautiful.

This is not my opinion, this is fact.

so, are all non black women beautiful as well?
Some people are simply not happy with the tone of there skin. I feel sad for black people who feel the need to bleach there skin but its all personal choice. Some people just aren’t happy with themselves full stop. They have nose jobs, boob jobs, tattoo there eyebrows on wear fake lashes etc..
Original post by Khaysha-Saine
Some people are simply not happy with the tone of there skin. I feel sad for black people who feel the need to bleach there skin but its all personal choice. Some people just aren’t happy with themselves full stop. They have nose jobs, boob jobs, tattoo there eyebrows on wear fake lashes etc..

yeah, but when people whiten their skin, they do it because white skin is considered more refined by many cultures--asia especially.

whitening skin makes some people looks better, just as tanning makes some white people look better.
Reply 83
We have black/asian people trying to get lighters and white people trying to get darker. Just be happy with who you are and what you have. Appreciate.
Reply 84

Somebody remind me, what happened last night cause i cant remeber a thing!
Original post by Nizzay!
We have black/asian people trying to get lighters and white people trying to get darker. Just be happy with who you are and what you have. Appreciate.

yeah, but, thats not he point. skin colour is not who you are. if you want to whiten or darken skin tone, it makes no difference.
Original post by humanrights
yeah, but when people whiten their skin, they do it because white skin is considered more refined by many cultures--asia especially.

whitening skin makes some people looks better, just as tanning makes some white people look better.

Maybe so, and I do think by bleaching your skin as a black person all you are doing is reinforcing what white people thought about us in the first place but at the same time in today’s culture people are so unhappy with so many parts of there body I wouldn’t say its just about race anymore its just another thing for black people to moan about. “ohhh I’m 2 dark” “I wish I had lighter skin” “I wish my nose was thinner and straight” and then white people go “which I was a bit darker” “I wish I had a bigger bum” “I wish I was curvy” “I wish my boobs were bigger” “I wish my lips were bigger” just be happy with the body you have!
Original post by wavey93
Somebody remind me, what happened last night cause i cant remeber a thing!

huh?:confused::s-smilie:
meh it swings both ways - a lot of white women see the need to tan and a lot of white women see the need to bleach. If you ask me , both are stupid and probably dangerous. At the end of the day it's personal choice. I can't imagine that a black woman with bleached skin actually looks white anyway?
(edited 13 years ago)
Maybe so, and I do think by bleaching your skin as a black person all you are doing is reinforcing what white people thought about us in the first place but at the same time in today’s culture people are so unhappy with so many parts of there body I wouldn’t say its just about race anymore its just another thing for black people to moan about. “ohhh I’m 2 dark” “I wish I had lighter skin” “I wish my nose was thinner and straight” and then white people go “which I was a bit darker” “I wish I had a bigger bum” “I wish I was curvy” “I wish my boobs were bigger” “I wish my lips were bigger” just be happy with the body you have!

so what did ALL white people think of blacks?

but i agree, its easier to be happy with what you have. but if people do want to lighten their skin, i'm not sure why it should be tied up with what rich colonial elites thought of colonial subjects.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 90
huh?:confused::s-smilie:

The song in your sig, amnesia
so what did ALL white people think of blacks?

but i agree, its easier to be happy with what you have. but if people do want to lighten their skin, i'm not sure why it should be tied up with what rich colonial elites thought of colonial subjects.

Well they thought we were ignorant, stupid and good at labouring lol and wanting to bleach your skin is pretty ignorant of everything that black people have been working hundreds of years to change. Imagine Mr.King could see that 21st century girls want to bleach there skin he would be so disappointed in what we have become but once again its all personally choice. I’m not saying that white people think that now but during the slave trade this was the general view.
Original post by wavey93
The song in your sig, amnesia

ohhhh shame :colondollar: i was thinking what has that got to do with bleaching your skin
She just wants her son to be on the winning team... :dontknow:

Spoiler

Well they thought we were ignorant, stupid and good at labouring lol and wanting to bleach your skin is pretty ignorant of everything that black people have been working hundreds of years to change. Imagine Mr.King could see that 21st century girls want to bleach there skin he would be so disappointed in what we have become but once again its all personally choice. I’m not saying that white people think that now but during the slave trade this was the general view.

200 years ago when slavery was abolished most white people had never even heard of the slave trade.

i doubt most white people had even heard of africa, let alone had opinions of black people.

slavery was a business partnership between rich white slave traders and dominant african tribal leaders who sold their captives-- before rich white elites started buying slaves from africa, it was poor white people who worked the plantations.

all slaves throughout history-black or white- were relegated to lower status. it has nothing to do with skin colour. skin colour was simply a way to identify slaves in america because the slaves at that time happened to be black.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by TheSownRose
She just wants her son to be on the winning team... :dontknow:

Spoiler

But bleaching her kids skin at such a young age is right? Regardless of this 'valid reason'?

I'd understand..say her kids were older of an age say 18..possibly 17 where they can make up their own mind..but thats frankly ridiculous..

In regards to her..thats her own choice... but the kids aspect is overly wrong imo.
Original post by VansHalfCabs
But bleaching her kids skin at such a young age is right? Regardless of this 'valid reason'?

I'd understand..say her kids were older of an age say 18..possibly 17 where they can make up their own mind..but thats frankly ridiculous..

In regards to her..thats her own choice... but the kids aspect is overly wrong imo.

You don't think parents should do what they believe to be best for their kids? Maybe she was bullied at school for being black and wants to save them the trauma.
Reply 97
I am a dark skinned Caribbean and I am so tired of being called primitive, ugly, ghetto. So fed up! I am a human being too and it is not surprising that some girls with low self worth feel the need to bleach their skin. Being white is not the Holy Grail. It is a skin colour that is all. I think that we need to concentrate on our family units and education and not on superficial nonsense.

Only two days ago I was arguing on here on a thread bashing black women. I stated that I have dated many white men to be told by white members that:

1) I must have paid them
2) They are blind
3) Am I a prostitute?

Why are black women treated with such contempt when many of us work so damn hard for our families. Why do some white men think they are superior to us?

Black skin and black features are beautiful and if someone does not like them (regardless of skin colour), they are simply not worth your time. But I agree that as a race we uphold this stupidity.

Get educated ladies and have your pick of men :smile:
200 years ago when slavery was abolished most white people had never even heard of the slave trade.

i doubt most white people had even heard of africa, let alone had opinions of black people.

slavery was a business partnership between rich white slave traders and dominant african tribal leaders who sold their captives-- before rich white elites started buying slaves from africa, it was poor white people who worked the plantations.

all slaves throughout history-black or white- were relegated to lower status. it has nothing to do with skin colour. skin colour was simply a way to identify slaves in america because the slaves at that time happened to be black.

Most white people didn’t know what a slave was? What!?!
Right I’m not auguring the slave trade with you because to be honest I don’t think you have done a lot of research into it and don’t really know what you’re on about. Your right about the slave trade starting as a trade between countries but it ended up as exploitation to the extreme. There are a lot of things that went on and I don’t think you know about it all or as much as you’re think you do. I’m not trying to be rude or belittling I just really don’t think you know about it all.
Original post by u02dpb7
I am a dark skinned Caribbean and I am so tired of being called primitive, ugly, ghetto. So fed up! I am a human being too and it is not surprising that some girls with low self worth feel the need to bleach their skin. Being white is not the Holy Grail. It is a skin colour that is all. I think that we need to concentrate on our family units and education and not on superficial nonsense.

Only two days ago I was arguing on here on a thread bashing black women. I stated that I have dated many white men to be told by white members that:

1) I must have paid them
2) They are blind
3) Am I a prostitute?

Why are black women treated with such contempt when many of us work so damn hard for our families. Why do some white men think they are superior to us?

Black skin and black features are beautiful and if someone does not like them (regardless of skin colour), they are simply not worth your time. But I agree that as a race we uphold this stupidity.

Get educated ladies and have your pick of men :smile:

you sound like white troll pretending to be black and stirring up race hate against white men.

:holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending