The Student Room Group

Spanish for AS?

I'm in 6th year -well that's what we call it here in northern ireland - it's my AS year and I'm currently doing these subjects:

Biology

Chemistry

Maths

Music

I'm also doing an AS in critical thinking but it's really just an extra..
When I chose my subjects i didn't realise how much I was limiting myself with 3 science subjects and only one art..I want to take on another art AS next year to show that I can do a lot of things...and last year I LOVED Spanish....would it be a good idea to take it on next year, and get a good grade in it? The only problem is my school doesn't do languages at A level so i'd have to completely teach yself..
Reply 1
well it might be a bit difficult to learn a language by yourself which you haven't studied by a year? and would you have to do an oral component? because if you're not in a classroom speaking to people that might be difficult/it could be difficult to organise if your school don't provide the a level
Reply 2
Original post by fabnt
I'm in 6th year -well that's what we call it here in northern ireland - it's my AS year and I'm currently doing these subjects:

Biology

Chemistry

Maths

Music

I'm also doing an AS in critical thinking but it's really just an extra..
When I chose my subjects i didn't realise how much I was limiting myself with 3 science subjects and only one art..I want to take on another art AS next year to show that I can do a lot of things...and last year I LOVED Spanish....would it be a good idea to take it on next year, and get a good grade in it? The only problem is my school doesn't do languages at A level so i'd have to completely teach yself..

? I call it lower 6th. So does everyone else where I'm from. What part are you from?

Why don't you ask your teacher to tutor you for it. Stay behind at school for class etc.

Or maybe try and see if anyone in the Spanish class in 5th year will want to take it on next year and tell you school the numbers?
Reply 3
Around Newry we call it 6th/7th year. :L

Yeah none of those are an option. it'll be a self-taught thing if I do it.

Quick Reply

Latest