The Student Room Group

Guys:What do you think of shy girl vs confident girls?

What do you think of shy girls vs confident girls?
Would you rather date someone who is shy or confident?

A shy person that is shy around quite a few people but when they are with you they are different and completely themselves.

or the confident/loud ones where they act the same around everyone really what you see is what you get and they're more outgoing.

Would it intimidate guys if a girl was shy? Just wondering I know most confident girls find it easier to find boyfriends and it's harder for shy girls. I've found that myself as I'm quite a shy person and know others who are shy also find it harder.

Scroll to see replies

I'd appreciate someone who is confident but not like loud/screechy/hyperactive
As a homosexual male, I can't stand girls who are camp, insecure for the sake of it, juvenile in their disposition, ditsy, "socialites", theatrical, passive or materialistic.

Same goes for men too.
You can be confident without being loud.
I much prefer shy girls, usually they have quite deep and complex thought-process's going on all the time, that give them a complex of talking aloud socially.

I hate loud girls, who just say what comes to mind, because usually thats all they can do, speak what pops up, like Karl Pilkington.

Im good looking by the way aswell, this isnt some sort of nerd trying to justify not going for loud girls all the time :tongue:

(Anon because gf uses site... And would hate her to think I went for her because she was shy)
"Shy" and "confident" aren't exactly mutually exclusive traits. People who are loud and outgoing can be just as insecure as someone who's just the opposite.
Reply 6
from that description i would say the shy one, loud girls are annoying and also you want them to be a bit different around you
confident girls love confident guys. Shy girls love confident guys.

No-one likes shy guys.
Reply 8
Original post by Pink Bullets
"Shy" and "confident" aren't exactly mutually exclusive traits. People who are loud and outgoing can be just as insecure as someone who's just the opposite.

insecure isn't the same as shy
Original post by floralia
insecure isn't the same as shy

Why are you telling me this?
Reply 10
Why are you telling me this?

Because you said someone can be shy and confident - someone can be confident and insecure.

Being confident and insecure isn't the same as being confident and shy, that's what your post implied.
Because you said someone can be shy and confident - someone can be confident and insecure.

Being confident and insecure isn't the same as being confident and shy, that's what your post implied.

I honestly have no idea what you're on about. I was explaining that shyness and confidence are not opposites. I didn't imply that "being confident and insecure is the same as being confident and shy". That doesn't even make sense. :lolwut:

Slow down, and read my post again.
Reply 12
I honestly have no idea what you're on about. I was explaining that shyness and confidence are not opposites. I didn't imply that "being confident and insecure is the same as being confident and shy". That doesn't even make sense. :lolwut:

I did read your post, I thought maybe you were saying the two things as different points but the way it was written made it seem like you were trying to say that confident people could be shy too because they were insecure, because the second point seemed like it followed on from the first?

I honestly don't understand why you can't see how what you said could be misinterpreted? Were you making two separate points or are you saying that insecurity and shyness are the same thing?

And you can't really be confident and shy unless you are using the term shy loosely. Shy basically implies that you are a more reserved person.
if i manage to get with a shy girl and she opens up then there's no problem. but the problem with shy girls is that they tend to erect behavioral barriers to men, so they give the impression that they're unapproachable.

You sort of did imply though.
I did read your post, I thought maybe you were saying the two things as different points but the way it was written made it seem like you were trying to say that confident people could be shy too because they were insecure, because the second point seemed like it followed on from the first?

I honestly don't understand why you can't see how what you said could be misinterpreted? Were you making two separate points or are you saying that insecurity and shyness are the same thing?

And you can't really be confident and shy unless you are using the term shy loosely. Shy basically implies that you are a more reserved person.

I said that a loud and outgoing person can be insecure. The point being that someone's outward demeanour of being shy or outgoing is not necessarily a reflection of how confident they are. I have no idea how you got "shyness is the same as insecurity" from that. We are basically making the same point.
Reply 16
Going by your description, definetly shy.

Although in general i love a girl who has one personality when we are with others but also has another one which she only lets me see or another world she only lets me enter. :love:
Reply 17
So do shy girls seem too unapproachable so guys usually go for confident girls?
Reply 18
I said that a loud and outgoing person can be insecure. The point being that someone's outward demeanour of being shy or outgoing is not necessarily related to how confident they are. I have no idea how you got "shyness is the same as insecurity" from that. We are basically saying the same thing.

I see, we are interpreting confident as being a different thing. You are interpreting it as self-confidence, I am interpreting it as being at ease/talkative in social situations, hence why I don't think you can by shy and confident at the same time. So no we are not saying the same thing.
Reply 19
I find shy girls more attractive. It's fun to chase.

Latest

Trending

Trending