The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
confident girls love confident guys. Shy girls love confident guys.

No-one likes shy guys.

I like shy guys.:h: The guy I like is painfully shy:love:
I am generally shy myself and find loud/confident girls intimidating. Therefore, I would prefer a shy girl.
Original post by Pink Bullets

Original post by floralia

You two are giving me a headache :eyeball:
I see, we are interpreting confident as being a different thing. You are interpreting it as self-confidence, I am interpreting it as being at ease/talkative in social situations, hence why I don't think you can by shy and confident at the same time. So no we are not saying the same thing.

Well, no, of course not if you define confidence as "being at ease/talkative in social situations", but that is not what it means. Hence my original post.
Reply 24
Well, no, of course not if you define confidence as "being at ease/talkative in social situations", but that is not what it means. Hence my original post.

Ok my description is bad...what I mean is someone can appear to be at ease/sure of them self, so they can seem like a confident person, in which case they wouldn't be classed as shy. Sure they might not actually be self-confident, but I thought the OP was talking about the appearance of confidence rather than actual self-confidence ('the confident/loud ones where they act the same around everyone really what you see is what you get and they're more outgoing'). Doesn't matter anyway, I'm bored of this conversation.
(edited 13 years ago)
I like shy girls and confident girls each has their own quality and really they have to be looked at in individual bases.
So do shy girls seem too unapproachable so guys usually go for confident girls?

Definitely. I more attracted to the personality of shy girls, they tend to seem more down-to-earth and cuter but they're also far harder to meet. Shy girls don't usually go to clubs and in other places they often appear as if they want to be left alone.
Ok my description is bad...what I mean is someone can appear to be at ease/sure of them self, so they can seem like a confident person, in which case they wouldn't be classed as shy. Sure they might not actually be self-confident, but I thought the OP was talking about the appearance of confidence rather than actual self-confidence ('the confident/loud ones where they act the same around everyone really what you see is what you get and they're more outgoing'). Doesn't matter anyway, I'm bored of this conversation.

Well yes, and the point I made was that the appearance of confidence is not the same as actual confidence. :wink: I was disagreeing with this premise that was set forth in the original post.
Reply 28

No-one likes shy guys.

I absolutely love shy guys! However I'm a shy girl so generally it takes me sooo much longer to develop a relationshp with a shy guy because both of us are shy! lol.
Reply 29
Well yes, and the point I made was that the appearance of confidence is not the same as actual confidence. :wink: I was disagreeing with this premise that was set forth in the original post.

And I thought we were just going along with what the OP had defined as confidence, we misunderstood each other, now let's all be happy again and dance free.

It's too late...I think I'm going to just go now...*walks away sleepily*
Ahah, very interesting topic.
Shy people can get crazy sometimes when they get confident. I like girls who are like this, a little shy, who don't talk to loudly in public, but that can occasionaly can get crazy during parties.
I am actually like this.
What i just don't want, is being embarassed because of my girl speaking hyper loudly and being watched by everybody around in a bad way.
but shy and confident are not opposit notions, are they? In french I would more say 'introverti' and 'extraverti' but I don't find those words in English.

I like shy girls, but please shy girls, go out and go crazy and i'll be even happyier.
Original post by blackberrio
Ahah, very interesting topic.
Shy people can get crazy sometimes when they get confident. I like girls who are like this, a little shy, who don't talk to loudly in public, but that can occasionaly can get crazy during parties.
I am actually like this.
What i just don't want, is being embarassed because of my girl speaking hyper loudly and being watched by everybody around in a bad way.
but shy and confident are not opposit notions, are they? In french I would more say 'introverti' and 'extraverti' but I don't find those words in English.

I like shy girls, but please shy girls, go out and go crazy and i'll be even happyier.

Introverted and extroverted. :smile:
Shy girls are so much less attractive to me. Even though they're probably just as interesting as their confident counterparts, I just can't be bothered with it really. Confidence is good. Very good. But when it gets to the confidence where a girl has to incessantly communicate all of their feelings via shouting, they just need to go away.
The shy girls you described is my preference, they're cute.

Loud ones do my head as there is only so much I can take, before I feel the urge to die inside.
(edited 13 years ago)
I like shy girls who are modest!

Confident girls usually just come across as self loving and arrogant!
Yes I like shy girls but not timid ones, you can be shy and still be confident
Reply 36
i hate it when girls are so shy that it becomes an effort to talk to them or get them to open up, i just get bored and say **** it.

i like girls that are willing to have a laugh and be more outgoing.
Shy girls are more dateable imo. I associate loudness with bad personality traits in many respects.
Reply 38
What do you think of shy girls vs confident girls?
Would you rather date someone who is shy or confident?

A shy person that is shy around quite a few people but when they are with you they are different and completely themselves.

or the confident/loud ones where they act the same around everyone really what you see is what you get and they're more outgoing.

Would it intimidate guys if a girl was shy? Just wondering I know most confident girls find it easier to find boyfriends and it's harder for shy girls. I've found that myself as I'm quite a shy person and know others who are shy also find it harder.

If a girl was confident in her shyness, I wouldn't see a problem?
(Just because a girl is quiet/talks less, doesn't necessarily mean she's insecure :smile:)

No-one likes shy guys.

nooo I love shy boys!

at least the kind of boy that looks kind of cool and confident, very casual looking but than again very shy, it's soooo cute!!

but very difficult to get together with such a boy if you are someone who might be outgoing but not the kind of person to approach the guy, do the first moves :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending