The Student Room Group

GUYS: Would you engage in sexual activity with another guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moaty...it's gazza
I have no attraction to males, never wanted to do anything with any guy. It's like if I see an ugly girl, I don't have thoughts about wanting to kiss her/shag her etc. Pleasure can still be obtained from having sex with an ugly girl but it doesn't mean I want to.

Then by that logic you concede pleasure COULD be sourced by an "ugly" guy, but you would rather source it from an "attractive" one. Yet you can't really specify a distinction other than societal motif that separates sexual gratification from a woman and sexual gratification from a man.

I'm not suggesting you do have an attraction to men btw, I'm merely pointing out the fallacy on both ends of the spectrum. However, I do maintain that all humans are bisexual until molded into a societal distinction (one which preferably renders gender as the most significant factor and applies arbitrary gender roles) which occurs from a very young age.
Reply 41
Original post by UnknwnEntity
I do maintain that all humans are bisexual until molded into a societal distinction which occurs from a very young age.

So you suppose a baby or toddler has sexual attraction to both genders. Right.

I think you mean "all humans have the potential to be bisexual".
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Well, it's not like you can run around in a gay bar with your wang out screaming 'Give me a hole! Any hole!'. I presume its more of a two way thing...

Who does that anyways?

And no it does'nt have to be. Some guys are strictly bottoms and some only do the poking.
Then by that logic you concede pleasure can be conceived by an "ugly" guy, but you would rather source it from an "attractive" one.

I'm not suggesting you do have an attraction to men btw, I'm merely pointing out the fallacy on both ends of the spectrum. However, I do maintain that all humans are bisexual until molded into a societal distinction which occurs from a very young age.

That's the point. I don't see any males as an attractive one. I can understand why other people may see David Beckham, Brad Pitt etc as good looking and want to have sex with them but I don't. I see them as hairy, muscley, masculine... things that I am unattracted to.
Original post by Cicerao
So you suppose a baby or toddler has sexual attraction to both genders. Right.

I think you mean "all humans have the potential to be bisexual".

No, learn English. The distinction is set in from a very young age, I didn't specify a point in which people become sexually aware, I was merely referring to the social constructs that invariably shape ones perspective.
Reply 45
No, learn English. The distinction is set in from a very young age, I didn't specify a point in which sexual awareness to become clear.

I think you need to learn English.

Bisexual: "having a sexual attraction to or desire for persons of both sexes"

If humans are all "born bisexual", that means that they are "born having a sexual attraction to or desire for persons of both sexes."

Does this sound like rubbish to you? Good, because it is.
Original post by Cicerao
I think you need to learn English.

Bisexual: "having a sexual attraction to or desire for persons of both sexes"

If humans are all "born bisexual", that means that they are "born having a sexual attraction to or desire for persons of both sexes."

Does this sound like rubbish to you? Good, because it is.

Again, illiteracy.

Sexual desire is not present until around puberty, therin' the observations an individual made up until that point shape an individuals perspective on sexual relations and their behavior afterwards. I didn't explicitly say people are "Born bisexual" merely they are a blank canvas and it is external influences that defines ones sexual identity. If you were brought up in a society in which homosexual relations were a majority and heterosexual relations were a reproductive function, I contend you would probably not be so exclusive.

The level of defensiveness on this thread is revealing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by lesbionic
Wow 40% say yes.

That's definitely more than the lie we're fed by the state statistics that only 9% of people are homosexual. The state are constantly playing down important statistics in order that they can control how we live ours lives.

your comment would be relevant if the thread was title, Guys: are you gay

this is asking would you do anything sexual not if they are gay.
A bit of a silly question if you ask me.
It really irritates me when people bang out the old social construction argument against sexuality. How can people have the audacity to think that they know better about who I find sexually attractive than I do? That I'm somehow suppressing some urge that I have that they can identify but I can't? I think not. Never been sexually attracted to someone of the same sex, and society has not imposed this upon me, I honestly couldn't give a ****.
Reply 50
Again, illiteracy.

Sexual desire is not present until around puberty, therin' the observations an individual made up until that point shape an individuals perspective on sexual relations and their behavior afterwards. I didn't explicitly say people are "Born bisexual" merely they are a blank canvas and it is society that defines ones sexual identity. If you were brought up in a society in which homosexual relations were a majority and heterosexual relations were a reproductive function, I contend you would probably not be so exclusive.

LOL irony. If they are a "blank canvas" then how was me saying "all humans have the potential to be bisexual" wrong? :rolleyes:

As for
The level of defensiveness on this thread is revealing.

...you enjoy porking men. Good for you. You don't have to pretend that everyone else wanted to to make yourself feel better.
Original post by Cicerao
LOL irony. If they are a "blank canvas" then how was me saying "all humans have the potential to be bisexual" wrong? :rolleyes:

As for

...you enjoy porking men. Good for you. You don't have to pretend that everyone else wanted to to make yourself feel better.

This discussion is going nowhere, so whatever. Your grasp of the concept of irony also leaves plenty to be desired.
Reply 52
This discussion is going nowhere, so whatever. Your grasp of the concept of irony also leaves plenty to be desired.

You called me illiterate -> you are in fact illiterate yourself = irony.

Lol..."this discussion is going nowhere"...sucks to be wrong, eh? :teehee:

It's going nowhere because your argument is weak and flawed. Your grasp on the concept of sexuality also leaves plenty to be desired.
Original post by Cicerao
You called me illiterate -> you are in fact illiterate yourself = irony.

Lol..."this discussion is going nowhere"...sucks to be wrong, eh? :teehee:

No

=Cicerao
LOL irony. If they are a "blank canvas" then how was me saying "all humans have the potential to be bisexual" wrong?

That is objectively NOT irony, it is semantics....
Original post by MathsLadette
It's going nowhere because your argument is weak and flawed. Your grasp on the concept of sexuality also leaves plenty to be desired.

And yet you offer this ad hominem statement as rebuttal?
Reply 56
That is objectively NOT irony, it is semantics....

Learn to read, for the love of God! The irony was because you called me illiterate when you can't freaking read yourself! :teehee: Please stop trying to be intelligent, it's embarassing. =o=
And yet you offer this ad hominem statement as rebuttal?

To be fair, I mimicked most of your post, so if you think it was a personal attack maybe you should have thought about writing what you did to the other poster. Although, if you think that that was a personal attack I do wonder how you get through everyday life.

I did have little else to respond to. My opinion on the topic has been stated in a previous reply.
wut
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending