The Student Room Group

Would you add a staff member on facebook?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by francescafrancesca
What was the purpose in saying it then? It certainly didn't add anything to your argument.

Well duh, you would say that wouldn't you. :facepalm:
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Well duh, you would say that wouldn't you. :facepalm:

The rest of that post added to your argument, where you were actually addressing the topic instead of making wild assumptions about my life based on a few posts.

So, please what the point of saying I'm completely friendless adult if it wasn't to insult me? Seems like you've just realized how childish you were and are trying to back out of it :wink:

The rest of that post added to your argument, where you were actually addressing the topic instead of making wild assumptions about my life based on a few posts.

So, please what the point of saying I'm completely friendless adult if it wasn't to insult me?

From what I gathered about your emotional immaturity, you seem to regard facebook as some sort of lifeline, by whcih you judge the quality of your real life friendships. I can only imagine that such an individual, would in actuality, have very few friends.
Some people only like to be "friends" with people who are relevant to their lives NOW, rather than be connected to hundreds of people they'll probably never ever see again. Harsh as it sounds, he was probably just being professional when he was being nice to you, and you might not be the kind of person he'd actually be friends with outside of a work environment. There's nothing wrong with that, though; colleagues are to work with predominantly, not to be best friends with (although obviously people do make friends at their place of work).

If you don't work for him anymore, he probably wondered what was the point in keeping you added as a friend.

Either that, or you play Farmville. Enough said.
From what I gathered about your emotional immaturity, you seem to regard facebook as some sort of lifeline, by whcih you judge the quality of your real life friendships. I can only imagine that such an individual, would in actuality, have very few friends.

Wow, way to avoid the actual question - I take back what I said earlier, you'd make a good politician.

ttyl.
Wow, way to avoid the actual question - I take back what I said earlier, you'd make a good politician.

ttyl.

Hahaha. Now who's trying to insult others?

And no, I addressed your question as to why someone like you would be friendless. Don't blame me for your inability to take in even the simplest of information.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Put it this way, he is a doctor and I am a student. I was really inspired by him and how he was with his patients. And wanted to keep in contact. He is of the same nationality and was very happy to meet someone from the same country so I thought he'd be happier to accept me on fbook. I wouldn't normally add people from hosp.

my guess is that he was are a bit wary about how he may be perceived by other people by being too friendly with students outside of work. though actually majority of people i know would probably have no problem.

dunno. you're right - it's a shame, as he probably would have been a good contact to have for the future if he was so nice to you and supportive. never mind, move on. i'm sure you'll find someone else - you move placements so often and meet so many doctors every year!
Hahaha. Now who's trying to insult others?

And no, I addressed your question as to why someone like you would be friendless. Don't blame me for your inability to take in even the simples of information.

Please show me where I asked you "why someone like (me) would be friendless"

p.s. - If I negged you, tell me so i can pos you - it was accidental. I'm not sure if I did or someone else did.
Please show me where I asked you "why someone like (me) would be friendless"

You didn't. I offered that insight willingly, funilly enough, I don't wait for people to ask me questions before I so much as utter a whisper. This is an online forum, expect the outspoken.
If your grievance is really as bad as it seems then there is only one solution, a final solution if you will (what? it's that serious!)

Reply 50
I thought this would be about teachers or something. I have ex-colleagues on fb, but only ones I still keep in contact with.
(edited 12 years ago)
You didn't. I offered that insight willingly, funilly enough, I don't wait for people to ask me questions before I so much as utter a whisper. This is an online forum, expect the outspoken.

Then don't refer to it as my question, because I never asked that. You seem to be putting words in my mouth then answering it yourself.
Then don't refer to it as my question, because I never asked that. You seem to be putting words in my mouth then answering it yourself.

"So, please what the point of saying I'm completely friendless adult if it wasn't to insult me?"

This was what I was addressing, I wasn't answering the question you claimed I was answering, I was addressing this. But it seems you're the one now avoiding the fact that you're trying to insult me. Blind hypocrisy if I ever saw it, just admit defeat and walk away.
Original post by Philbert
I though this would be about teachers or something. I have ex-colleagues on fb, but only ones I still keep in contact with.

it is basically teacher-pupil relationship though
Key phrase: "point of saying"
Example answers
- to advise you
- to offend you
- to compliment you

etc.

I don't know: did I insult you? First you would have to tell me whether it offended you :wink:
And honestly avoiding the question is a good attribute for your career choice.
Reply 55
Had the same thing happen to me, few people I used to work with deleted me from their facebook.

It's only facebook!
I have always kept work and home life separate, so I would not.
Reply 57

Yawn..

Quick Reply