The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2820
Original post by Helenia

Original post by Helenia
Interesting - the one in our year was. Anyone I know?

I *think* know the one in your year (vaguely). Might've gone to school with her in Saudi way back when, and she's married to an avid boatie from my college if memory serves.
Original post by visesh
Not to be a gossip...but I heard the opposite!

Fair enough - my source was second hand. In any case, it's not a great time for maternity. Aside from the stress of pregnancy, you don't any maternity pay because you haven't started work yet.
This takes neuropsychological assessment down a very strange and creepy route....

http://www.hypnoid.com/psytest2.html

This is what it said about me:

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

Cold reading I'm sure - but what a weird test.
I'm going to be missing the meet unfortunately. I have RSM paintballing that day. How long are you guys going to be sticking around?
Original post by Mushi_master
This takes neuropsychological assessment down a very strange and creepy route....

http://www.hypnoid.com/psytest2.html

This is what it said about me:

Cold reading I'm sure - but what a weird test.

:yes:
You are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Emotionally volatile, you are known for sudden changes of opinion, of appreciation, and behavior. Following rules and established methods is difficult for you and the difficulties of higher education are usually quite daunting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. Usually driven by attitudes and desires of the group, you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. They are unexpected guests in an otherwise placid landscape. You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. Authority is meaningless to you. You hate to be predictable, at all costs. Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others.
Such a weird test - sometimes I was just like errr. what? :p:
:lolwut:

Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, you are easily enthused by practical projects. You often ignore or conveniently forget rules and boundaries that limit your freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though you are kind and gentle, you will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. Because you tend to verbalize so seldom, you can be seen as phlegmatic or impassive. In moments of high tension you can often surprise those around you with a lighthearted or humorous remark. Because of your facility with the physical world, you are often engaged in sports that require dexterity, such as motorcycling or hang gliding. You will rarely have time for flights of fancy or unproductive discussion. Constraints on your freedom will be regarded as a personal attack.

This is barely me at all. I live for rules :p:
It's just the bizareness of the questions that made me compelled to share it! Bunch o' weirdos whoever made that.
Reply 2828
I'm OD'ing on pharm... activated charcoal and diuretics can fix that, right? :rolleyes:
All this surgery is making it look more and more appealing as a career path :holmes:
Dropped my iphone on the floor today- smashed the screen. It's only a tenner to get a replacement screen and fix it myself, but I think I can justify the extra £30 on top of that to have it repaired by somebody who knows what they are doing.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Dropped my iphone on the floor today- smashed the screen. It's only a tenner to get a replacement screen and fix it myself, but I think I can justify the extra £30 on top of that to have it repaired by somebody who knows what they are doing.

They must make a bomb on that - just from the amount of people I know who've smashed their iphones
Original post by Philosoraptor
They must make a bomb on that - just from the amount of people I know who've smashed their iphones

Apple charge ~£150 for an out of warranty repair, and I can imagine a lot of people don't bother looking for a decent 3rd party and just send it back to the shop.
I hate exams. I hate learning useless facts. I am ODing on pistachio nuts to calm myself. I have an exam on Monday and I am ****ed. Well, 25% ****ed to be precise.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
All this surgery is making it look more and more appealing as a career path :holmes:

Don't worry - you have plenty of years left to grow out of it :wink:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

You crazy, bro? :s-smilie:
That'll teach me. Gayly said yes to coxing Dart head regatta a few weeks ago knowing only that I was free that weekend. Someone's reminded me it's tomorrow so thought I'd better look up the coxing instructions and where to go since I'm driving. It's 15km! I need a navigational map for goodness sake. Not amused. It's going to take them an hour.
Original post by No Future

Original post by No Future
You crazy, bro? :s-smilie:

I think I might be :s-smilie:

Well, I am doing medicine :ninja:
Reply 2838
Original post by Fission_Mailed

My screen's ok, but the 3G case is all cracked and missing buttons. It's looks like pretty much the same amount of work to fix both. There are youtube vids with step-by-step guides. Looks fiddly, but not impossible. Just keep it organised and tidy. I think there is one little tool that makes it a lot easier, but they're cheap.
Original post by SMed
My screen's ok, but the 3G case is all cracked and missing buttons. It's looks like pretty much the same amount of work to fix both. There are youtube vids with step-by-step guides. Looks fiddly, but not impossible. Just keep it organised and tidy. I think there is one little tool that makes it a lot easier, but they're cheap.

Yeah, I saw the vids- not impossible but I can see me being the one person in 100 who manages to break the LCD while removing the digitizer.

Latest

Trending

Trending