The Student Room Group

Friendship, Relationship or is she just bored?

This is going to take some explaining.

I am part of various online games and, through one of these games, I met a girl. We'd both been through similar stuff in life, similar challenges and were both able to talk to the other quite easily.

We have spoken on skype every day since christmas (excluding, I think, five days) pretty much straight from when we're both home from College/School until one of us goes to bed. And she gets upset if I get dragged off out anywhere, and I must admit I do miss her greatly when she's not there.

She's 16 and in Year 11, I'm only two months older and in my first year at college.

We had a conversation about a week ago where she invited her ex into the conversation - they're still on really good terms. He was quickly kicked from the conversation as he was about to say things that, in her own words, would make me think less of her and she did not want that.

I'm crazy about her. We text all the time, we talk on skype all the time, but we've never actually met face to face. She doesn't live too far away from me - about 40 minutes drive - but I've never actually been anywhere near where she lives. I can't get her out of my head... I'm just trying to figure out what she thinks.

In the first week of talking to her she told me that she was texting a friend she had met through a game - and never met - and telling him she fancied him. That didn't go well and they never talk any more. About a month later she told me of another friend she met on a game. They had spoken loads - I don't think quite as much as her and I, but I'm not sure - and he then confessed to her that he fancied her. That didn't end well. They never talk any more.

I'm scared to say anything to her as I feel that this could spoil our friendship, and possibly kill it... I don't want that.
Reply 1
Ask to meet anyway, and if it doesn't go well, stay in touch with her so things don't just fizzle out. It's worth a go!
Reply 2
Do something for god's sake, before you get friend-zoned :tongue:.

'This could spoil our friendship' is a lame excuse. Your 'friendship' now is buoyed by a half-arsed illusion of romance, so you might as well go for the real thing.

Never hurts to plan how you do it though. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
This is going to take some explaining.

I am part of various online games and, through one of these games, I met a girl. We'd both been through similar stuff in life, similar challenges and were both able to talk to the other quite easily.

We have spoken on skype every day since christmas (excluding, I think, five days) pretty much straight from when we're both home from College/School until one of us goes to bed. And she gets upset if I get dragged off out anywhere, and I must admit I do miss her greatly when she's not there.

She's 16 and in Year 11, I'm only two months older and in my first year at college.

We had a conversation about a week ago where she invited her ex into the conversation - they're still on really good terms. He was quickly kicked from the conversation as he was about to say things that, in her own words, would make me think less of her and she did not want that.

I'm crazy about her. We text all the time, we talk on skype all the time, but we've never actually met face to face. She doesn't live too far away from me - about 40 minutes drive - but I've never actually been anywhere near where she lives. I can't get her out of my head... I'm just trying to figure out what she thinks.

In the first week of talking to her she told me that she was texting a friend she had met through a game - and never met - and telling him she fancied him. That didn't go well and they never talk any more. About a month later she told me of another friend she met on a game. They had spoken loads - I don't think quite as much as her and I, but I'm not sure - and he then confessed to her that he fancied her. That didn't end well. They never talk any more.

I'm scared to say anything to her as I feel that this could spoil our friendship, and possibly kill it... I don't want that.

dagger dat bitch.

just kidding. ask her out :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending