The Student Room Group

Anyone got a letter from St Dominics Sixth Form College?

I got a conditional offer in the post this morning :smile: Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah me too! is it your top choice?
Reply 2
Original post by woohooo
yeah me too! is it your top choice?

Yup yup :biggrin: wbu?
I got into Henrietta too but I don't really want to go there, but I do in a small small way lol. But yeah Doms for now :biggrin:
Reply 3
yehh my top choice! unless maaybe i get in woodhouse but its rly rly far so idk. u got in hbs coool well done!! i got waiting list ahhh i get what u mean bout wanting to go there but not at the same time :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by woohooo
yehh my top choice! unless maaybe i get in woodhouse but its rly rly far so idk. u got in hbs coool well done!! i got waiting list ahhh i get what u mean bout wanting to go there but not at the same time :tongue:

Haha yup! I got an interview at Woodhouse but haven't heard anything since :\ It's waaaay tooo faaaar for me lol :tongue: I don't really want to go HBS since it's so far and no-one I know is going, plus I've heard some pretty negative things from people who've been there. Though that's just opinion, I've heard things a few too many times. In a way I want to go since it's like the best in the country and they get a lot of people into Oxbridge etc but it's a matter of whether I could put up with the travel and just the school there lol :tongue:

Are you in the collegiate for St Dominics? :smile:
Reply 5
when did u get it?
Reply 6
I got mine this afternoon!!! Was so overjoyed...but for a public school, it's quite expensive....lol
don't know the benefits of going there as opposed to continuing at our present schools cus we dont have time to make friends and stuff...
Reply 7
Original post by Shivani513
when did u get it?

I got called by my friend at about 11 while I was sleeping and I jumped out of bed to check and it was there:smile: Any luck?
Reply 8
Original post by SuziieB
I got mine this afternoon!!! Was so overjoyed...but for a public school, it's quite expensive....lol
don't know the benefits of going there as opposed to continuing at our present schools cus we dont have time to make friends and stuff...

Hehe same :biggrin: And yeah I was like wow. On the tax payers sheet it said like £187 something o.0 Hhmmm I kind of do want the change and I guess it's just a matter of making conversation in lesson etc rather than actually making time to make friends:smile: Dw it'll be fine :wink:
Congrats :smile: I got an offer too. I guess I'll see you there if you do decide to go.

Oh and, what was your required GPA ?
Reply 10
guess i myt c u there aswell :smile:
mine was 6.5
Reply 11
Original post by Obscenedilemma
Congrats :smile: I got an offer too. I guess I'll see you there if you do decide to go.

Oh and, what was your required GPA ?

Original post by 1saajan
guess i myt c u there aswell :smile:
mine was 6.5

Congrats:smile:
And haha TSR taking over St Doms:tongue:
Mine's 6.5 and everyone I know has the same, I guess everyone has that :smile:
How much do each of you have to pay in total? o.0
Reply 12
oh wow cool thers gna be a lil tsr community there now haha :tongue: mines 6.5 aswell woooop
Reply 13
Original post by woohooo
oh wow cool thers gna be a lil tsr community there now haha :tongue: mines 6.5 aswell woooop

Haha yup...does yours say you have to pay £187? o.0
Reply 14
Original post by Bambi :)
Haha yup...does yours say you have to pay £187? o.0

yep
Reply 15
anyone here that currently goes to doms and can tell us a lil bout it?
Original post by Bambi :)
I got a conditional offer in the post this morning :smile: Anyone else?

Well done! I'm really happy for you :biggrin:
Reply 17
i had to pay 150 pounds for the gift aid thingy...and then 100 pounds for in case "a book is lost, stolen or damaged", gosh, can we not just buy it ourselves if it does?
although a school like that obviously runs on something...and it aint just good grades...
Reply 18
Original post by nerdfighter28
Well done! I'm really happy for you :biggrin:

Aaawww haha thanks xD It's my first choice as well YAY :biggrin: loads of my friends get in, I just hope all of us get out grades! Where have you been woman?! xxxxx
Reply 19
Original post by SuziieB
i had to pay 150 pounds for the gift aid thingy...and then 100 pounds for in case "a book is lost, stolen or damaged", gosh, can we not just buy it ourselves if it does?
although a school like that obviously runs on something...and it aint just good grades...

Yeah it was quite a lot to pay I was quite shocked. I knew about the hundred pounds for books etc which will be returned, the maths teacher told me on open day but I was like :O at the gift thing I was like o.0 okaaay...it's alright though, I still want to go :smile: lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending