The Student Room Group

I don't think things can get any worse.

I've been having a really awful week.

Firstly I went to visit my friend (TSR angst thread I made here) and I've lost what I considered to be a good friend there.

I went to the doctors yesterday and was told I have high blood pressure (138/90), which on top of my type 1 diabetes is fantastic.

Today I got laid off from work.

:frown:

Usually at times like this I think to myself something like "at least it's not cancer!" but I feel completely awful and worthless regardless.

I've just printed off 7 job applications to hand out, but yeah. :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Things can always get worse.

Just get very drunk, get it out of your system, and then move on.

Not much more you can do.
(edited 13 years ago)
The only way now is UP! Your blood pressure will be monitored and controlled, you will find a new job, and you never know it could be better than the one you had :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by insignificant
The only way now is UP! Your blood pressure will be monitored and controlled, you will find a new job, and you never know it could be better than the one you had :smile:

To be fair, I was being paid minimum wage (4.92) and getting about 10 horus a week... I was going to look for a new job anyway!

I'm just upset because now that I have to go back on the dole, I'll be out of pocket leading up to my driving test... I have to pay 40 a week as rent and then 20 for a lesson :frown:
Reply 4

Sorry, just reminded me of that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
My mum always told me that bad things happen in 3's. You've had your 3 so hopefully things will start looking up from now :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by paddy__power
Things can always get worse.

Just get very drunk, get it out of your system, and then move on.

Not much more you can do.

This is how I force myself to think to remain positive or atleast not negative. But still, sucks to be you OP :tongue:
Reply 7
Why did work lay you of if you don't mind me asking?

anyway as others have mentioned, you will have your blood pressure under control, and you should find a new job soon. and as for the TSR moderators, don't let it get to you. they do it because they are bored and have nothing worthwhile to do
Reply 8
Original post by Muffinz
To be fair, I was being paid minimum wage (4.92) and getting about 10 horus a week... I was going to look for a new job anyway!

I'm just upset because now that I have to go back on the dole, I'll be out of pocket leading up to my driving test... I have to pay 40 a week as rent and then 20 for a lesson :frown:

How will u be out of pocket? Dole is over 50 a week, numpty (unless you have to wait for it) Anyway you hardly lost a 'job' for crying out loud. Get over yourself OP :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by righteous

Sorry, just reminded me of that.

Lol! no reps left so I'll pos rep you in words instead. lol, i remember that one
Reply 10
Original post by Mark!91
Why did work lay you of if you don't mind me asking?

anyway as others have mentioned, you will have your blood pressure under control, and you should find a new job soon. and as for the TSR moderators, don't let it get to you. they do it because they are bored and have nothing worthwhile to do

It's a small business and I think they lost a lot of income from cigarettes when the budget raised the tax...
Reply 11
Original post by Mark!91
Lol! no reps left so I'll pos rep you in words instead. lol, i remember that one

:biggrin: That monkey gets me every time.
Reply 12
Original post by Lamps08
How will u be out of pocket? Dole is over 50 a week, numpty (unless you have to wait for it) Anyway you hardly lost a 'job' for crying out loud. Get over yourself OP :biggrin:

I need to take driving lessons up until my test, which has been paid for, to ensure I don't fail? >_>
Reply 13
Original post by Muffinz
I need to take driving lessons up until my test, which has been paid for, to ensure I don't fail? >_>

You said you would be out of pocket, retard!
Reply 14
Original post by lamps08
you said you would be out of pocket, retard!

50-(40+20)= -10
:console: I'm sure everything will turn around and work out in time, and soon you'll be on top of the world :biggrin:
Original post by kevin6767
Considering alcohol is loaded with sugar is advising a diabetic to get drunk sensible?

Getting drunk is never sensible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending