The Student Room Group

Could somebody clarify this to me please.

One of my teachers was talking about grades being "banked" this year, which means we have to put our AS grades on our UCAS form and not our predicted grades, is this correct? Where would I find more information about this, I've tried google but with no luck any help would be appreciated.
I think they mean when you decide not to carry on an A-level, you cash in your AS grade for that subject.

'Cash in' just means that you've accepted you are going no further with that qualification and you want it to be certificated.

So say for me, I'm taking Maths, Physics, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry.

At the start of next year, I'm going to 'cash in' my biology and chemistry - meaning I have an AS Level in Biology/Chemistry and that's what will go on the UCAS form for those subjects.

I'm going to carry on with Maths, Further Maths and Physics and so won't be cashing them in (will cash in the full A-Levels once I've finished Year 13) - so for these subjects, UCAS will want my PREDICTED grades for the entire A-Level.

Make sense?
Reply 2
Well the system has changed slightly this year, so if you're doing your UCAS forms in Autumn-Winter 2011, as well as the predicted grades for the A-Levels you will be sitting in Summer 2012, you will also have to put a record of all those exams you were entered for and sat in Summer 2011. So basically the grades that you receive on results day will this year have to be put onto the form, unlike previous years where you could decide whether to put them on or not.

This is what we've been told anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by AquilaXenon
Well the system has changed slightly this year, so if you're doing your UCAS forms in Autumn-Winter 2011, as well as the predicted grades for the A-Levels you will be sitting in Summer 2012, you will also have to put a record of all those exams you were entered for and sat in Summer 2011. So basically the grades that you receive on results day will this year have to be put onto the form, unlike previous years where you could decide whether to put them on or not.

This is what we've been told anyway.

Okay, is it on the UCAS website or anything, I can't find any official information.
Reply 4
Original post by Limitless
Okay, is it on the UCAS website or anything, I can't find any official information.

I don't know, it's only what we've been told by our teachers at school who have said that it's official.
Original post by AquilaXenon
I don't know, it's only what we've been told by our teachers at school who have said that it's official.

Yep, that's what we've been told too. That means I have to put my general studies result on there....!

Quick Reply

Latest