The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madjackismad
Not good enough. Has to be in a cave with a waterfall and bats.

That's not good enough either

Need your own personal butler called Alfred and an actual batmobile out in the lot
Going on a quest. On the internet to find some awesome minimalist film desktop wallpapers. Like those posters we found in the last thread. Will report back if I find any good ones.

Original post by cambo211
Once again I am Watson :holmes:

Another case solved. :holmes:

Spoiler

Reply 902
Is it wrong that I've never even heard of Serenity? :ninja:
Original post by aja89
Is it wrong that I've never even heard of Serenity? :ninja:

Not entirely wrong (:tongue:). It is cult thing, nothing too mainstream. It's really good, well get into Firefly first. It's a TV series and Serenity is the film which acts as the continuation. If you like Space Opera mixed with Western, then you'll enjoy Firefly and Serenity.
(edited 13 years ago)
Well not really no, it's not that well known in terms of a 'mainstream' sci-fi film, 90% of mine and probably your friends too have probably never heard of it

I'd say it's an overlooked gem of a film

I wonder what films are on now.. hopefully something entertaining and decent
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Another case solved. :holmes:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Not entirely film related, but if anyone is interested in procrastinating interesting diversions, I recommend:

Weird puzzle: http://jayisgames.com/games/sagrarios-room/
Addictive melody: http://lab.andre-michelle.com/tonematrix
Line thing: http://www.barcinski-jeanjean.com/entries/line3d/

And watched Pink Panther 2 today, yeah letdown sequel. The trailer for the new Johnny English Reborn film is also out.

(edited 13 years ago)
Tim Miller to direct 'Deadpool' :holmes:

Well lets hope they fix the stupid take on Deadpool from X-men origins: Wolverine.
Reply 909
I'm willing to give him a chance, but the fact they've hired someone with literally no directorial experience suggests they're not taking the film seriously. Which for Deadpool may be quite appropriate, but it's still worrying.
Ryan Reynolds is a good actor.... wait he's not gonna be deadpool too as well as the green lantern right :|
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Ryan Reynolds is a good actor.... wait he's not gonna be deadpool too as well as the green lantern right :|

He already played Deadpool in X-Men origins: wolverine but that was ****

Spoiler

I can't imagine he'll be in the proper Deadpool film.

Oh dear - I can see myself spending ages on this now... It's a lot like 'The Crimson Room' and the other games by the same guy, only new and shiny and unsolved by me. Hello, procrastination!
Just watched Jack Goes Boating. I've really started to like Philip Seymour Hoffman lately, and though the acting was good, I'm sad to say it was pretty boring :frown: It wasn't the worst film I've ever seen by a long shot, but I won't be recommending it to people...

Just started to watch Red Road after seeing it mentioned earlier in this thread. 5 minutes in and I've just realised I've seen it before, in the cinema. I really should keep a book with a list of all the films I've seen, because I watch so many (and have such a bad memory) that it's hard to keep track of them! Going to carry on watching it anyway, because I don't remember the plot exactly but remember enjoying it.

Oh, and I escaped from the room on that game from earlier :tongue:
Reply 914
Anyone know anything of Terence Malick's work? He's greatly respected, but to my shame I haven't seen any of his films.
Original post by Christien

Original post by Christien
Anyone know anything of Terence Malick's work? He's greatly respected, but to my shame I haven't seen any of his films.

Check out The Thin Red Line, which is one of his best works.
Reply 916
Original post by Phalanges
Check out The Thin Red Line, which is one of his best works.

Will do, cheers. :yy:
Red Road was good again. Especially good since I saw Mogwai on thursday night, and they put some videos of Glasgow on in the background :biggrin:
Sad times. :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest