The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by No Future
He wasn't mixed race

It was a joke, you fool.
Original post by KieranDJ
Like it's a bad thing or something. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about black culture.

i bet your one of them people that try to pick up arguments on race from anything!

Where did I say it was a bad thing to be mixed race - Please enlighten me? I am mixed race myself.

And I am not picking an argument, I am simply stating facts. Don't Bet anything about me, you don't know me.
Original post by lesbionic
it was a joke, you fool.

:tumbleweed
Original post by TheWorld!
I think i am racially ambiguous, no one ever believes i am actually Somali even though i do not have a mixed heritage. So many people have randomly started speaking their language to me because they just assumed i was one of them lol

What kind of language?

I once had a man coming up to me thinking I was Ethiopian and spoke to me in his language :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Cesar Lecat
What kind of language?

I once had a man coming up to me thinking I was Ethiopian and spoke to me in his language :biggrin:

Cool.

Oddly enough this has happened to me when I was in Barcelona. I was with two other people- who are fairly pale- and a guy came up to me specifically and asked me [in Spanish] if I spoke Catalan. Presumably out of the bunch I looked the most likely to be Spanish/Catalan, because he seemed to be going round a lot of local people and wanted to talk to them about something (but who knows what, because I don't speak Catalan, or Spanish particularly well, for that matter :lol:)

It struck me as funny because I'm just happen to have brown hair and tan easily, and nothing more distiguishable than that
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Cesar Lecat
What kind of language?

Well i have had Indians come up and speak to me in their language, arabs, people can never figure out my race the last thing on their mind is somali.
It's quite fun when people try to guess what mix you are : )

most people recognize that I'm mixed race, but I still get few who just think I'm black :\
Reply 67
Original post by Lauren-Taylor7
Where did I say it was a bad thing to be mixed race - Please enlighten me? I am mixed race myself.

And I am not picking an argument, I am simply stating facts. Don't Bet anything about me, you don't know me.

you just sound like you have a rediculous attitude!
Reply 68

Nobody can guess where I am from which is fun! :smile:
Reply 70
Well one day we are all going to be mixed race, surely? If we keep breeding with other races/colours/whatever you want to say, then we will all be in one gorgeous melting pot.

I think there is a Boyzone song in there somewhere....
black supremacists????!!!!!! I am mixed race!!!!

"In the United States, the word "Creole" usually refers to people of any race or mixture thereof who are descended from settlers in colonial French Louisiana before it became part of the United States in 1803 with the Louisiana Purchase. Some writers from other parts of the country have mistakenly assumed the term to refer only to people of mixed racial descent"

She is African American, From a french creole descent!! Like I said ETHNICITY and RACE are 2 diferent things!

*Round of applause* Intelligence does exist... lady I wish I could shake your hand.
Reply 72
no one can ever guess what race i am.
Reply 73
Beyonce isn't mixed race. She's black.

Lol beyonce is mixed race, her father is full black and her mother is creole (African, Native American, and French) and if you look at her mother her features and complexion is very different. <<<this makes beyonce very mixed race infact lol:tongue:
beyonce is black :s-smilie: she's not mixed race
Reply 75
Original post by Bella_trixxx
I'm mixed White and Indian, but ridiculously pale so no-one EVER believes me when I tell them. Not as beautiful as those girls though :frown:

im half brazilian/mexican and people usually assume im pakistani i look alot like a mix of nicole scherzinger and shilpa shetty(indian actress, she is so beautiful). my sister is older than me is abit lighter skin than me but still looks pakistani/brazilian type.
If i were you i would get a fake tan, lol if your a girl than do makeup like indian bollywood actresses or arabian types of makeup. It'll make you look more ethnic. :wink:
Reply 76
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
beyonce is black :s-smilie: she's not mixed race

lol learn the definition of mixed race and then go on wikipedia and search beyonce and then you would realise that beyonce is mixed race, she looks mixed race, full 100% black girls DONT look much like beyonce lol.
Reply 77
Original post by birduk
Well one day we are all going to be mixed race, surely? If we keep breeding with other races/colours/whatever you want to say, then we will all be in one gorgeous melting pot.

I think there is a Boyzone song in there somewhere....

Maybe people dont realise, but ALOT of people from eastern world is mixed race, brazilians are mixed race, mexicans are mixed race.

I have a friend (who looks alot like me but im half brazilian/mexican) who was born in pakistan but EVERY pakistani person says to her she doesnt look pakistani, i asked her and she said her mum is of isreali background, her great grandad was of afghanistani background, her dad also has arabian and persian background and she said that they call themselves awans).

I WAS SO SHOCKED but it made sense because her looks were very similar to brazilians and mexicans, she looks alot like dolly shahine (shes half brazilian/arabian model). I personally think that nearly everyone would be mixed race especially in those types of countries.
Original post by d_star
lol learn the definition of mixed race and then go on wikipedia and search beyonce and then you would realise that beyonce is mixed race, she looks mixed race, full 100% black girls DONT look much like beyonce lol.

i don't need to go on wikipedia to no what mixed race is...99 percent of people who are classed as mixed race are mixed with black and white fact....beyonce is black...her mum is black and so is her dad
Original post by d_star
Lol beyonce is mixed race, her father is full black and her mother is creole (African, Native American, and French) and if you look at her mother her features and complexion is very different. <<<this makes beyonce very mixed race infact lol:tongue:

and remember i'm black i don't need a white person telling me about my own race.

Latest