The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2011 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollypops
I had to submit my writing for 7th of January and got a reply around the 11th of February, so over a month! It was so painful waiting at times! And sucks that I didn't get an offer/interview. But I still have the offer for plain Jane English!

Hope that calms you a little! It is a bit horrible waiting :/

I don't know any people going on the 24th! I'm a little nervous but very excited!

Thanks, I guess there's some hope for me yet! I thought I had the whole waiting thing mastered after waiting months for KCL to get back to me but I've been obsessively checking my e-mail inbox for weeks :P
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 121
Queens for English with Creative Writing looked for the sample writing in Dec and it had to be submitted sometime in early Jan wordjunkie, did you have an extension or did you just apply late through ucas?
I got a conditional offer for it (ABB) and rang them and will have to interview for it in April apparently.
Oh, and I'm going to the Open Day at the end of March :smile:
Original post by DervlaLFC
Queens for English with Creative Writing looked for the sample writing in Dec and it had to be submitted sometime in early Jan wordjunkie, did you have an extension or did you just apply late through ucas?
I got a conditional offer for it (ABB) and rang them and will have to interview for it in April apparently.
Oh, and I'm going to the Open Day at the end of March :smile:

I've heard of people getting loads of different deadlines but I think my school sent the UCAS application in the middle of December. When I was creeping through the stduentroom forums I saw people getting conditionals and then getting invited to an interview but straight after I got my conditional I emailed the woman (Carmel Beaney I think) who asked for my sample writing and she said that there wouldn't be any interview process this year. Now I'm just confused :/ I wish I could go to the open day and maybe ask someone in person but I'm in America! If it all falls through I guess I still have straight English as a back up lol
Reply 123
Anyone going for the Archaeology open day on Wednesday?
Does anyone know if Queen's only work by grades? It says on my conditional offer that I need ABB to get into the course of my choice. Although, from my grades I received today from Jan were terrible, so it looks like I'll be coming out with AAD/ABC. Do they accept me if I have the equivalent of ABB in UCAS points? but not percisely ABB in grades?
Reply 125
Original post by nou123
i did....but no word?! holding out for lse though...

i got an offer for actuary about a fortnight after i applied, but i applied very early :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
Does anyone know if Queen's only work by grades? It says on my conditional offer that I need ABB to get into the course of my choice. Although, from my grades I received today from Jan were terrible, so it looks like I'll be coming out with AAD/ABC. Do they accept me if I have the equivalent of ABB in UCAS points? but not percisely ABB in grades?

yeah im pretty sure they only work by grades :frown:
Reply 127
Original post by nou123
Any word from actuary...I take it you want to go to queens

taking me quite long to get back to this lol.... yeah i got all my offers for queens back within a fortnight... and yeah, ive my heart set on queens lol :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by cmack17
taking me quite long to get back to this lol.... yeah i got all my offers for queens back within a fortnight... and yeah, ive my heart set on queens lol :smile:

have you applied to england?
Reply 129
Just firmed Queen's ^_^ I can't wait! Just 3 and half months of hard work and then medicine! (hopefully!)
Anyone applied for Postgrad History?
Who is all applying for Elms Village? I definitely have the intentions of applying as soon as they are open for applications for 2011-2012, although I've just discovered that you can't apply untill you have a £300 deposit sitting in the bank! Crazy... Don't know how I'm going to afford that.
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
Who is all applying for Elms Village? I definitely have the intentions of applying as soon as they are open for applications for 2011-2012, although I've just discovered that you can't apply untill you have a £300 deposit sitting in the bank! Crazy... Don't know how I'm going to afford that.

Was thinking at 23 I might be a bit old for Elms Village. :wink:
Original post by Daniel1987

Haha maybe :wink:
Got an offer for history/politics and went to an open day on friday. I loved it but I can't decide between Queen's and Liverpool! ARGH! I prefer Belfast but it's so far away from home :'( Grrrrr I hate making decisions!

Any other history or politics people???
I know a few people who done history at Queens and loved it. In saying that I know someone who did history at Liverpool and loved it there too!
Original post by Tungsten180
Got an offer for history/politics and went to an open day on friday. I loved it but I can't decide between Queen's and Liverpool! ARGH! I prefer Belfast but it's so far away from home :'( Grrrrr I hate making decisions!

Any other history or politics people???

The History department has a great reputation at Queens.
My undergraduate degree is in History and Politics and i'm looking to studying my MA in History at Queens.
Reply 137

I'll be hoping from one island to the other to study English with Creative Writing. Excited.

I'm 23, coming over from England, where are you staying if not EV?
The most popular place for students to stay is in the holylands area beside the university, i'd look there if I were you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holyland_(Belfast)

But the stranmillis area among others is popular too as it is very close to the university too.

Hope this helps.
Reply 139
Cheers, I'll have a look around, see what's available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending