The Student Room Group

Going off boyfriend "/

I've been with my bf for 2 months now, and already I'm 'going off' him :L
I'm not attracted to him anymore, and the more I know him, the more he annoys me. All my friends hate him too, as he has a very big ego so that makes everything awkward!
What do I do? Do I dump him? but how would I do it without him going off into one of his major mood swings?
or do i see how things go and wait till after exams?
Everyone's going to say something different, but if you are going off him and your friends think his a b**** then i presume it would be the logical thing to do. Is breaking up with him what you want to do though?
Reply 2
Fu **that s*it .Its just a guy.Guys have no feelings so you shouldn't worry about stuff like that.:facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
If your not suited maybe you should think about going your seperate ways. Or you could hang on a little longer you never know you might grow fond of him.
Reply 4
If his ego is too big then an obvious way to solve that problem is to make fun of his penis size, and tell him he can't satisfy you.

He'll be so crushed he'll do anything to make you happy, and you then have the perfect boyfriend. :smile:
Original post by gemstar!
I'm not attracted to him anymore, and the more I know him, the more he annoys me. All my friends hate him too, as he has a very big ego so that makes everything awkward!
What do I do? Do I dump him? but how would I do it without him going off into one of his major mood swings?

Judging by your profile picture announcing you're about to be single is probably not a good idea.

Prepare for PMs from TSR's lonely community.

On subject of your post, I think you should just break up with him if things aren't going well. I don't see how exams are really relevant. If he really has an ego as big as you say he does I doubt he will take it too badly.

How to do it without him going of on one ? :s-smilie: Well most normal people wouldn't go out of on one. My advice ? Start by saying you think you should take a break because exams are really getting to you etc. and you want to be alone for a while. Then when exams are over say that the time apart made you realise the two of you weren't working. You then never get back together, you don't have to see him for exams and don't have to worry about him feeling like he's been dumped until after exams.

Simples.
Reply 6
If you;'re not keen on him after just 2 months, its not going to get any better and you're not suddenly going to grow fonder of him. get rid
Reply 7
Original post by chiksy
Fu **that s*it .Its just a guy.Guys have no feelings so you shouldn't worry about stuff like that.:facepalm:

You won't believe how insecure some of us can be deep inside.

In my humble opinion ,and experience gemstar i would get rid asap. Other people will back the fact that there is no right time,and you can end up wasting months ,if not years in the wrong relationship. If he has major mood swings and is a bit scary ,i would do the dumping in a public ,or safe place (like your house when your folks are there). I wouldn't normally recommend that course of action.
Makes you a bitch if you continue the relationship when you don't even like him. You're just waiting for him to get more attached and make the break up worse. It's eventually going to happen anyway.
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Judging by your profile picture announcing you're about to be single is probably not a good idea.

How to do it without him going of on one ? :s-smilie: Well most normal people wouldn't go out of on one. My advice ? Start by saying you think you should take a break because exams are really getting to you etc. and you want to be alone for a while. Then when exams are over say that the time apart made you realise the two of you weren't working. You then never get back together, you don't have to see him for exams and don't have to worry about him feeling like he's been dumped until after exams.

Simples.

That's just giving him hope. It's not that hard to leave someone you've been with for 2 months.
I've been there. My first boyfriend I spent ages chasing, then when I finally got him, realised he is an absolute prick, and dumped him after two months. I then found put my parents, my friends, his friends and pretty much the entire school hated him. I found someone who I was then with for nearly two years, and I am so glad I finished the first guy when I did or I might have never got the amazing experience of the next guy.
If no one around you likes him, you included, it seems like a good idea too, it'll get harder if you drag it on, so even if he gets a really big mood swing it's worth it, especially as you are already contemplating it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Benjibuzzin
That's just giving him hope. It's not that hard to leave someone you've been with for 2 months.

Think you misunderstood my idea.

Go on break until after exams then after exams say the break made you realise that it's not working and you need to split up.

I know the break isn't splitting up and giving him some hope but from the OP i was under the impression she wanted to give him that hope so he didn't feel bad for exams.
Reply 14
Quite clearly it's not going to work.
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Think you misunderstood my idea.

Go on break until after exams then after exams say the break made you realise that it's not working and you need to split up.

I know the break isn't splitting up and giving him some hope but from the OP i was under the impression she wanted to give him that hope so he didn't feel bad for exams.

He'd feel worse. Instead of dealing with the fact the relationship is over and getting on with his exams, his concentration would be on how to win her back.

if i was you i will dump him and concentrate on my exams... and everytime he tries to contact you say you are busy revising..... your A levels are much more important than your bf.... forget him for now and just concentrate on your exams...... by the way if your friends think he's a jerk then a stunning girl like you don't deserve a jerk :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Accuse him of cheating.
"we need to talk"
Reply 19
Nip it in the bud and end it now, quick and simple. If you drag it out it'll end up being harder and more awkward.

Quick Reply

Latest