The Student Room Group

Maintainence grant / loan question

I applied for student finance for my first year at uni and so far it looks like its all been approved and they are sending me a declaration I have to sign and return. But on the Payments page it lists what im getting and when.

At the moment it says im getting the tuition fee in 2 seperate payments only a few days apart which totals £3600 or something.

Then under that it says

Maintainence loan: £1200 - term 1
Maintainence loan: £1200 - term 2
Maintainence loan: £1200 - term 3

But basically im from a "poor" family and my household income is less than £2400 a year so on my application I dragged the slider thing down and it says I was entitled to a certain amount of maintainence grant money. My question is on the Payments page it says nothing about this? Does it show up on the Payments page or not? Should I give them a ring before signing the declaration?

Thanks guys.
Reply 1
Original post by somewhatconfused
I applied for student finance for my first year at uni and so far it looks like its all been approved and they are sending me a declaration I have to sign and return. But on the Payments page it lists what im getting and when.

At the moment it says im getting the tuition fee in 2 seperate payments only a few days apart which totals £3600 or something.

Then under that it says

But basically im from a "poor" family and my household income is less than £2400 a year so on my application I dragged the slider thing down and it says I was entitled to a certain amount of maintainence grant money. My question is on the Payments page it says nothing about this? Does it show up on the Payments page or not? Should I give them a ring before signing the declaration?

Thanks guys.

It just means that the income assessed part of your financial entitlement hasn't been fully assessed yet. Ring them if you want to confirm it.
Reply 2

Then under that it says

But basically im from a "poor" family and my household income is less than £24000 a year so on my application I dragged the slider thing down and it says I was entitled to a certain amount of maintainence grant money. My question is on the Payments page it says nothing about this? Does it show up on the Payments page or not? Should I give them a ring before signing the declaration?

Thanks guys.

Does it perhaps say something along the lines of "Not based on your household income," i.e. you probably pressed some option which said you didn't want your household income to be taken into account. You can call them for your own sanity, but you'll have to fill in 2 PFF2 forms; one for your dad and another for your mum and then send it to them, with a supporting letter, stating the mistake and you'd like them to take into account your household income, so that you can be means tested and then everything should fall into place. In terms of the declaration, that's mainly for you accepting terms and conditions rather that accepting and confirming details (as these can and probably will change).
(edited 13 years ago)
Both my parents are deceased and I live with my older brother who doesnt earn more than £24,000 a year. I think I will phone them on monday
Reply 4
Both my parents are deceased and I live with my older brother who doesnt earn more than £24,000 a year. I think I will phone them on monday

Ah well in which case you'll just need to fill in one for your "guardian." But yeh, phone them up for clarification.
Reply 5
Has your brother received any correspondence from student finance asking him to send in evidence of his earnings? If yes, then your grant hasn't been calculated yet. If not, then you clicked the wrong button when filling out your application, but a quick phone call (I use the work quick fast and loose here) should be able to sort it out.
Nope he hasnt received anything, so once I sign and return this declaration, is there anything else involved or does that mean ive been fully accepted and everything is ready to roll? Cos atm on the Payments page it lists all my payments that are due and next to them it says approved.
Reply 7
Nope he hasnt received anything, so once I sign and return this declaration, is there anything else involved or does that mean ive been fully accepted and everything is ready to roll? Cos atm on the Payments page it lists all my payments that are due and next to them it says approved.

Pretty much. If you want to be sure and safe, wait until you finance stuff has been updated online, taking into account your household income and then send the declaration form after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending