The Student Room Group

Girls approaching guys

Scroll to see replies

it worked for my boyfriend. its as long as you stay cool and cheeky instead of begging..
Reply 41
Original post by jacketpotato
I'm genuinely shocked that so many people think it gives a bad signal. This is the 21st century, I cannot believe that people think its unusual for a girl to start talking to them. Makes me feel like we are still living in the 19th century when women should be seen but not heard.

There's a difference between it being unwanted and it being unusual, though.

I doubt anybody would say they don't want it to happen, I'd certainly be thrilled if it did. But I'm 25, I've been going out for years, it has never happened to me, ergo it is unusual.
Original post by Drewski
There's a difference between it being unwanted and it being unusual, though.

I doubt anybody would say they don't want it to happen, I'd certainly be thrilled if it did. But I'm 25, I've been going out for years, it has never happened to me, ergo it is unusual.

I blame the culture that women want to be bought a drink and approached on a night out rather than them not wanting to approach a man.

We as a society seem to have been raised to think if a woman likes a man it takes a quick glance and then the guy comes up to her and offers to buy her a drink.

I know a large amount of women I know who have told me that on a night out even if they really like a guy they expect to be the ones approached and if the guy doesnt approach them, then the guy isnt interested.
Reply 43
Original post by drbluebox
I blame the culture that women want to be bought a drink and approached on a night out rather than them not wanting to approach a man.

We as a society seem to have been raised to think if a woman likes a man it takes a quick glance and then the guy comes up to her and offers to buy her a drink.

I know a large amount of women I know who have told me that on a night out even if they really like a guy they expect to be the ones approached and if the guy doesnt approach them, then the guy isnt interested.

Exactly, and despite the views in this thread, that is by far the majority view of females today. Sure, some will say otherwise, and of them, perhaps some will mean it, too....
Original post by Drewski
Exactly, and despite the views in this thread, that is by far the majority view of females today. Sure, some will say otherwise, and of them, perhaps some will mean it, too....

I agree that the majority don't...out of my group of friends I am the only girl who goes and talks to boys (all my other friends think of me as the confident one because of this) but really it is just common sense, you see a guy, think he looks nice, you may as well go talk/dance, what've you got to lose?!
Reply 45
Yea i can see what you mean. Even with asking out a male friend its the same thing, the guy is expected to do it, and personally i've only done it once and that was only cos i knew 100% he liked me.

With this guy, if i get some indication that he's still interested after all these months (which he probably wont) i'll probably go up to him, but for some randomer who's given no incling whatsoever....no!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending