The Student Room Group

Cross-cultural relationships?

It's very interesting to meet different Europeans. I've met some I'm quite compatible with and a few foreign girls I like. Are cross-cultural relationships realistic or is it pie in the sky to think it would work as well, with say a Spanish girl,(when it comes down to religion, culture etc, me being athiest) as an English one? Anyone got any experience of this?
Reply 1
Well, got to go offline now, but if you have any pearls for me.....rep is here
Reply 2
Anyone?
Reply 3
I don't see why it wouldnt work in many instances. I mean people have relationships across races and cultures all the time. I guess it depends on how flexible people and their habits are. I bet not all Spanish people are devout catholics, so there's gonna be a bit of individual variation.........
Reply 4
Original post by Chillaxer
It's very interesting to meet different Europeans. I've met some I'm quite compatible with and a few foreign girls I like. Are cross-cultural relationships realistic or is it pie in the sky to think it would work as well, with say a Spanish girl,(when it comes down to religion, culture etc, me being athiest) as an English one? Anyone got any experience of this?

Why not? I really don't see why not, as long as both are attracted to one another then why shouldn't the relationships work?

I hope they do anyway! :wink:
Reply 5
If they both have similar interests/activities and actually like or love each other then sure it could work

unless one is an indian and the other is a pakistani/muslim :P
Reply 6
Original post by Rzc
Why not? I really don't see why not, as long as both are attracted to one another then why shouldn't the relationships work?

I hope they do anyway! :wink:

Well, I mean you can get on great initially, and be attracted. I mean, it'd be no problem with like a dutch woman, as they are so similar. But a spaniard with her family and lifestyle back there, plus catholicism etc, might be hard.
Reply 7
Original post by Chillaxer
Well, I mean you can get on great initially, and be attracted. I mean, it'd be no problem with like a dutch woman, as they are so similar. But a spaniard with her family and lifestyle back there, plus catholicism etc, might be hard.

I don't see why though. You should respect their decisions and not want to change them, if you find that person great and attractive then I don't see why minor things such as religion should come in to it?
Reply 8
Original post by j.laurence
If they both have similar interests/activities and actually like or love each other then sure it could work

unless one is an indian and the other is a pakistani/muslim :P

yeah

lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending