The Student Room Group

Nipple piercings

I have a nipple piercing, and I know for a fact people wouldn't expect it looking at me. I've never had a "proper" boyfriend, I'm not outrageous, nor even that confident. I'm not some punk or emo girl. If it came down to the dirty, would that be a pleasant surprise to see something a bit different, or is a nipple piercing repulsive? I'm not looking for the approval from guys, since I got it on my own prerogative because I wanted to, just wondering what you all think. (:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Doesn't really matter, as long as there is an orifice I can stick my willy in.
Reply 2
I think it's cool, I've thought about getting one before :p: My guy mate has one and it looks cool!
Reply 3
Original post by pamelaa
I think it's cool, I've thought about getting one before :p: My guy mate has one and it looks cool!

They hurt like a bitch, but being a pretty modest girl, they feel pretty sexy and incredibly liberating.
i really like them. i'm not sure many guys would even mention it. i've got a 'unusual' piercing and none of the girls i've been with in the past few years have ever mentioned it till a few days later where curiosity obviously gets the better of them
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
nipple piercings are hot, especially when its a surprise
My bf has one - he has a lip piercing and a couple ear ones as well but it was still pretty much a shock. Doesnt really affect anything :lol:
Reply 7
I got my nipple pierced. People are surprised when they find out. I dont go around shouting it about. Some people like it some dont. My bf isn't a big fan of it, but I like it and thats all that matters =)
Original post by get__free
I have a nipple piercing, and I know for a fact people wouldn't expect it looking at me. I've never had a "proper" boyfriend, I'm not outrageous, nor even that confident. I'm not some punk or emo girl. If it came down to the dirty, would that be a pleasant surprise to see something a bit different, or is a nipple piercing repulsive? I'm not looking for the approval from guys, since I got it on my own prerogative because I wanted to, just wondering what you all think. (:

Slightly off topic but do you know whether you can breastfeed later on in life if you have a nipple piercing?:colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by CoffeeStinks
Slightly off topic but do you no whether you can breastfeed later on in life if you have a nipple piercing?:colondollar:

I knew that nipples had this whole sprinkler system going on in terms of breastfeeding- but I had no idea it was so many- about 30 milk ducts. The piercers said that a nipple piercing tears through about 3 or 4 of them, so it's all good. But I'm not maternal in the slightest- I hate children- so I think this is a non-issue, at least for me.
Reply 10
They hurt like a bitch, but being a pretty modest girl, they feel pretty sexy and incredibly liberating.

Haha awesome. How much did yours cost? Theres a place in town my friend was talking about that is doing all piercings for a tenner atm...which is quite cheap isnt it...hmm
I knew that nipples had this whole sprinkler system going on in terms of breastfeeding- but I had no idea it was so many- about 30 milk ducts. The piercers said that a nipple piercing tears through about 3 or 4 of them, so it's all good. But I'm not maternal in the slightest- I hate children- so I think this is a non-issue, at least for me.
Not to mention the fact that we have two breasts!

I'm thinking of having my nipple pierced, because I like the idea of it, not for anyone else's pleasure. I think you're fine :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by pamelaa
Haha awesome. How much did yours cost? Theres a place in town my friend was talking about that is doing all piercings for a tenner atm...which is quite cheap isnt it...hmm

I live in Singapore.. I originally joined this site to get past papers for my exams, hahaha.
But it cost roughly $75, including high quality titanium bar. And if I'm not wrong you cut that in about half to get it in British Pounds.. so about 30-40 pounds, I guess.

I went to a really professional place and bought the highest quality bar to put in it, though. I wasn't prepared to save money and run the risk of them botching up my boob for the rest of my life :tongue:
Reply 13
I live in Singapore.. I originally joined this site to get past papers for my exams, hahaha.
But it cost roughly $75, including high quality titanium bar. And if I'm not wrong you cut that in about half to get it in British Pounds.. so about 30-40 pounds, I guess.

I went to a really professional place and bought the highest quality bar to put in it, though. I wasn't prepared to save money and run the risk of them botching up my boob for the rest of my life :tongue:

Lol true, never risk it! Cheers!
I had my nipples pierced a few years back because a friend of mine wanted her's pierced and was too chicken to go through with it on her own. "If I get mine done will you get your's done?" I said. It worked and she did. Unfortunately I later started training to do an All-Arms Comando course (I was in the RAF at the time) and found that the bergan straps kept catching my piercing when I was running so I had to remove them.

When I left the RAF a few years back I decided to get my nipples re-pierced (and I had a couple of brands done at the same time) and I found the piercing was a little more painful than the previous occassion (no doubt due scar tissue).
I don't see the appeal. Why would you get your nipple pierced? (I really want to know)
Original post by Mad4footie
I don't see the appeal. Why would you get your nipple pierced? (I really want to know)

For some its about the look but for many its about the feel.
Reply 17
Original post by Mad4footie

I've always liked piercings is the simple answer. I'm pretty modest and girly, so it's kind of like this dirty little secret to have something like a nipple piercing. And special. Not that anybody has seen it yet, but when it comes down to the time I might get a boyfriend, I'd like to think it was cool that only he gets to see that side of my personality.

Annnnnndddd I also had a certain medical condition (ahem... I have an "innie" nipple), and I found out the quickest fix was to get the nipple pierced.
Reply 18
I'm afraid I'm going to need a picture before I give my verdict :sadnod:
personally i don't get the point of doing it.... the achievement of it, the value of it, or any attraction of it.

meanwhile my boyfriend is just plain squeamish and put-off about such things - he doesn't even like it when i wear basic studs or rings in my ears! he worries that it'd get caught on something and rip/tear while we are wrestling :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending