The Student Room Group

Do girls find thin/very slim/slender guys a, turn off?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Angie varona
Zyzz is known to get 9s and 10 with ease.

Most women LOVE muscles.

TSR girls are wimps.

You KNOW hes WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Out of your league.

Just because some women like something doesn't mean we all do. I don't like a guy to feel lumpy when I hug him, ew. Toned guys are okay, as are skinny guys, average guys, chubby guys, anything except morbidly obese or huge and muscley.

No he isn't because he's rather unattractive.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by .Ali.
Just because some women like something doesn't mean we all do. I don't like a guy to feel lumpy when I hug him, ew. Toned guys are okay, as are skinny guys, average guys, chubby guys, anything except morbidly obese or huge and muscley.

No he isn't because he's rather unattractive.

MOST do.

As i said arent girls are like normal girls.

They prefar boys not men.
Reply 62
MOST do.

As i said arent girls are like normal girls.

They prefar boys not men.

Nah, I prefer men, I just don't view someone as being 'manly' for having muscles. That seems rather immature to me.

Zyzz looked better before he got huge. When he was toned, he looked good. Now he just looks ridiculous.
Reply 63
Original post by vienna_waits_for_you
Definitely prefer a 'guys guy'. Therefore not skinny.

A 'guys guy', I'm 6 3 and skinny but that doesn't mean I'm not a guys guy. Fair enough I'd understand if you said bulky but I play football, I go the pub and I have lad banter does that make me a man?

PS not attacking you personally just wanted to know your response :biggrin:.
Zyzz is known to get 9s and 10 with ease.

Most women LOVE muscles.

TSR girls are wimps.

You KNOW hes WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Out of your league.

Sorry but Rakich looks better :tongue: Even if he's a bit short.
Original post by Aisha~~
Sorry but Rakich looks better :tongue: Even if he's a bit short.

Hes good but zyzz owns imo.
Generally yes girls will nt prefer super thin. But i have a friend hes very thin and hes allright with girls because hes got a strong confident likable personality.

So its preferable to have a decent body. Girls in general like their man to be a man and not some girl body guy lol.
Reply 67
Original post by flowermaster91

Original post by flowermaster91
not really into thin guys :no:

Yh, whatevs. :p:
Original post by ForeverGolden
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :puke: I've just had a curry now I've been put off for life.

I'm sowy luv 'ow can i make up for ya? i aint lyk dat disgustin jst a few extra pounds. maybe da curry ad too much spice or summat
Reply 69
Original post by .Ali.
Nah, I prefer men, I just don't view someone as being 'manly' for having muscles. That seems rather immature to me.

Zyzz looked better before he got huge. When he was toned, he looked good. Now he just looks ridiculous.

this is huge and looks ridiculous:

how does this look in any way ridiculous?
Original post by Fight-or-Flight
I'm sowy luv 'ow can i make up for ya? i aint lyk dat disgustin jst a few extra pounds. maybe da curry ad too much spice or summat

lol
Reply 71
Original post by Anonymous
I'm quit slender not anorexic thin. My guy friends who are bigger than me comment on how slim I am and its got me wondering that if my guy mates say that would girls find me unattractive as I'm hardly muscle like my guy friends. Are thin guys more harsh on themselves. Its just that those comments are makin me think if my guy friends look at me as slim and gentle maybe girls will be put off too or do girls look at it differently?

Thanks. Really become self conscious now. I know its about personality too but its got me conscious.

Hey man, I'm 6'2" and weigh around 12 and a half stone, and so am quite skinny compared to a fair few of my male friends. I've shared the exact same thoughts as you.

However, I've never had any trouble when it comes to being found attractive. The only thing you really need is the confidence to talk to people. Girls are truly wonderful in that they don't stick to this one subscribed "type" that men are obsessed with.
Reply 72
It really depends on the guy in question...and pics, OP? :awesome:

For me it seems to depend on height, I seem to prefer shorter guys who are a little more solid/with a little more definition but find the gangly/lanky look adorable :moon:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 73
While I'd prefer to look at an average sized guy who was built (swimmer type body), it doesn't mean too much to me, like most girls. My boyfriend is thin, and it looks a bit odd because I'm slightly curvy, but appearance is always a plus for me, never a deal breaker (within reason that is)
Original post by soledaled
A 'guys guy', I'm 6 3 and skinny but that doesn't mean I'm not a guys guy. Fair enough I'd understand if you said bulky but I play football, I go the pub and I have lad banter does that make me a man?

I think they meant to use the phrase more in terms of appearance, although I agree it is generally used in the way you describe. It's more about not being fatter than your boyfriend and feeling 'protected'. That's what most of my friends (and I) would say anyway. And I would hate to constantly feel 'big'. But I think your height works in your favour, if you were shorter the 'bigger-than-your-boyfriend' effect would be greater.

And we all know real men play rugby :wink:
Reply 75
Original post by bertstare

Spoiler

IMG tags dont want to cooperate at 1:20AM.
(edited 13 years ago)
Turn. On. :drool:

especially the kind that's kind of lanky and awkwardly tall! my ex was this :h:
Reply 77

'Nuff said
Reply 78
Original post by Peachykeen09
Turn. On. :drool:

especially the kind that's kind of lanky and awkwardly tall! my ex was this :h:

Is that why you didnt sleep with him for close to a year?
I sure can find slender men attractive. My Turkish bf is actually sort of like that, tall with a sort of lankyness that I find adorable :love: And he has toned arms and chest but its not obvious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending