The Student Room Group

Lingerie

I suppose I could call myself an addict :P
I regularly order stuff and have it sent to my relatives address for me to collect at another date (my family doesn't like me ordering things online)
I love nothing more that a good browse and shop on la senza and was just wondering if others do the same.

I always feel better in a matching underwear set, even better if it's sexy, and on a night out, wearing a nice basque/teddy piece with my stockings.

I know these things are meant to turn guys on, and I know I have nice legs so it looks good, (i love this type of underwear as it covers my stomach and accents my best bits) but do they actually? Or are you still fine with a girl in unprepared undies that don't match?

And are these things more special occasion or regular basis preferred? I wouldn't mind putting in the effort and was just wondering about mens (and girls) opinions on these things (girls as in is it something that you do?)

tar x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wish I had an opportunity to wear all mine :colondollar: :mmm:
My boyfriend just recently told me that he doesn't care much, what's important about my lingerie is it being 'easily removable' :O
Reply 3
Special occassions. Yummy.
Reply 4
I don't think he really cares if it's matching.
(edited 13 years ago)
I used to be all about comfort and efficiency, but the ugly truth taught me men don't fall in love with comfort and efficiency :frown:

haha nah, my friends told me my underwear was unacceptable because it was too comfortable for a girl my age.

I now have an interesting collection of grannyish pants (they still win for comfort) girl boxers and some very lacy jobs (i like these best now!)
Reply 6
I've always wondered if guys care about if they see you in mis-matching underwear. I didn't think guys did, they were too focussed on other things.. but then I've read some things that say otherwise. I don't wanna have to go out and buy 20 new bras.
Reply 7
Matching is nice, but by no means necessary. Besides, if it was good all the time, what would do for a 'special occasion'?

Original post by get__free
I've always wondered if guys care about if they see you in mis-matching underwear. I didn't think guys did, they were too focussed on other things.. but then I've read some things that say otherwise. I don't wanna have to go out and buy 20 new bras.

Nwesflash: Not all guys think the same. Some will, some won't.
Reply 8
Matching's not essential but it kinda makes you wanna do things properly and screw her right :wink:
Sienna Miller. Layer cake. :coma: Any excuse to google her, in fact all the excitement has lead me to forget what i was originally going to say.
Reply 10
Original post by Drewski
Matching is nice, but by no means necessary. Besides, if it was good all the time, what would do for a 'special occasion'?

Nwesflash: Not all guys think the same. Some will, some won't.

Derp.. I know that. But when they have a pair of boobs hanging invitingly over their face, I didn't think he'd be worried that I matched red with purple.
Reply 11
i think teddies and corsets should be saved for special, or worn infrequently, but otherwise wear a nice bra set. otherwise it feels less special and not as exciting? when i wear those things, i feel like a human-present; waiting to be unwrapped! :biggrin:

but if you feel happy and more comfortable in your sexy stuff, then wear them whenever you like! nothing wrong with that... e.g. dita von teese. she totally rocks the sexy/glam look!
Agent Provocateur one day, when I'm a bit older. :mmm:
Reply 13
I try to be as matching as possible, i.e. both the same colour even if they're not actually from the same set.

I wouldnt want to dress up in the whole basque, suspenders, stockings job cos it would get boring very quickly, and on special occassions there wouldnt be anything left to tease him with
Reply 14
Original post by popple7
i think teddies and corsets should be saved for special, or worn infrequently, but otherwise wear a nice bra set. otherwise it feels less special and not as exciting? when i wear those things, i feel like a human-present; waiting to be unwrapped! :biggrin:

but if you feel happy and more comfortable in your sexy stuff, then wear them whenever you like! nothing wrong with that... e.g. dita von teese. she totally rocks the sexy/glam look!

SO true! I reckon it should be wear what you want, when you want it, obviously still special occasions but nothing completely neccessary!
Reply 15
Original post by get__free
Derp.. I know that. But when they have a pair of boobs hanging invitingly over their face, I didn't think he'd be worried that I matched red with purple.

Quite right, he wouldn't care. Noone looks at the wrapping paper once it's been taken off the present. But then you said "I've always wondered if guys care about if they see you in mis-matching underwear." The fact is that some will and some won't.
If you enjoy it, go for it. I doubt you'll get any complaints. You'll probably find though, that by the time you're undressed to your underwear, most guys aren't going to care whether you're wearing everyday knickers or expensive lingerie.
I buy my wife underwear from a shop called What Katie Did.

They sell 50s inspired designs, corsets, waspies, that sort of thing and very little of their underwear looks 'cheap'.

Well worth a look if you would like something different to the usual M&S stuff.
Reply 18
Original post by aaran-j
If you enjoy it, go for it. I doubt you'll get any complaints. You'll probably find though, that by the time you're undressed to your underwear, most guys aren't going to care whether you're wearing everyday knickers or expensive lingerie.

I didn't say expensive, just matching, and sexy. I hardly shop in the most expensive lingerie shops. But La Senza does everything, with an alright price, not something I go to every time though! I do try to shop around, but still. I always feel most comfy, in some nice underwear, and a skirt and nice top. I hate my stomach so I make the most of my legs and find that others appreciaite it too. I am not someone who sleeps with guys for the sake of it btw, I am a virgin, but I always feel better in nice underwear, and should osmething happen, I reckon they would appreciaite the nicer underwear :smile:
Reply 19
Please take my advice and don't go out in public dressed like a tart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending