The Student Room Group

Virgin or non virgin, what do you want in a relationship.

Poll

Do you prefer a virgin or a non virgin

From another thread. Let me start with some wise words from others.

Eveiebaby
I could list forever the benefits of being in a relationship with someone who has had ones before me. One of many is that they seem to be more sure of what they want in a relationship because they tend have a better informed knowledge about their own emotions and behaviour in a relationship and more likely know if they are genuinely happy with someone for the long term.

Also people who have gone nuts with hedonstic, low self control (your words) lifestyles have been there done that. I'd openly admit that I'd rather date someone like that because i'd fear that someone who hasn't had that life experience will want to get some more life experience at one time or another and probably realise that once they've been committed to you for a few years.

I'd rather someone who had gotten that all out of their system and knows that they've had enough of that, knows themselves, has met plenty of people, has met me and knows informatively (even after all 'possible' comparison with their exes that they MIGHT do) that they STILL want to commit to me. That's the biggest compliment ever in my opinion.

.Ali.
Anyone who bases their decision on whether someone is or isn't a virgin is a bit stupid IMO.

That's one perspective from a woman who believes more experience is better. Here's another perspective, from me and another.

Nepene
If you go for non virgins he'll have had a lot of time to seek out his preference. There's a good chance he'll have dated people prettier than you, by his standards whatever they may be, and that he will consciously compare your looks to his ex. He'll still call you the most beautiful woman in the world. Just as he called her that.

The continual comparisons with other guys is frustrating, especially since people tend to remember the best pasts of the past and see the worst parts of the present.

JCC-MGS
I'd be in two minds whether to feel guilty about deflowering her in such an unloving way or to punch the air and go YES, JCC SMASH!

So, in general what do you prefer? Experience, or someone without emotional baggage? Being compared to past lovers, or not being compared?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

experience, it just makes life easier. and i don't compare the current girl i'm with, with any of my ex's (Well maybe a tiny bit but not really in a bad way). i assume she doesn't do it either to too much of an extent

the girl i'm with at the moment has slept with a few dozen guys... yes that puts me off a bit, BUT she's way more up for trying out the random crap i come up with than other girls i've been with. which is a hell of a lot of fun.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Nepene
From another thread. Let me start with some wise words from another.

That's one perspective from a woman who believes more experience is better. Here's another perspective, from me.

So, in general what do you prefer? Experience, or someone without emotional baggage? Being compared to past lovers, or not being compared?

Ah Nepene, knew it would be you! :tongue: As you already know, I don't care either way.
Reply 3
Doesn't bother me...
... as long as she can make a good sandwich.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Much prefer a virgin.
Reply 5
Original post by .Ali.
Ah Nepene, knew it would be you! :tongue: As you already know, I don't care either way.

If you have a disagreement science is the only way to resolve it.

Science!
Reply 6
Original post by Nepene
If you have a disagreement science is the only way to resolve it.

Science!

There's things science can't answer :wink:

But yeah we'll see the results from the thread. :tongue:
Reply 7
I am a male, and I don't care ..
The thing is everyone has to start inexperienced some day.
Ha, I got quoted in a thread on a lofty discussion on love and relationships. I feel like some renowned academic.
Non-virgin - don't get me wrong, it was really important to me that my first time was with another virgin, but now itd be better to have someone with experience.
I prefer a virgin because I don't plan on having sex before marriage and I think a virgin is less likely to pressure me.

What's with the neg rep? I'm only stating my view
(edited 13 years ago)
The girls want a virgin?

Lies, all lies.
Original post by Mad4footie
I prefer a virgin because I don't plan on having sex before marriage and I think a virgin is less likely to pressure me.

0.o

Personally I think a virgin would be even more likely to pressure you.

No sex before marriage? how very dull.
Reply 14
I went for "Want a virgin" lol.

BRING ME MY VIRGIN. ;D
Reply 15
Original post by Cicerao
Much prefer a virgin.

why?
Reply 16
I'm male and I don't wanna have love for, but instead wanna **** Jesus
Reply 17
Original post by JCC-MGS
Ha, I got quoted in a thread on a lofty discussion on love and relationships. I feel like some renowned academic.

I was skimming through for the most intelligent and wise of quotes, and yours stuck out.
Reply 18
I'd think anyone's answer would probably be dictated by their age. I don't think a 30 year old female would want a similar aged virgin for a partner.
Reply 19
Original post by KickStart
why?

I'm a jealous soul.

Original post by get__free
I'd think anyone's answer would probably be dictated by their age. I don't think a 30 year old female would want a similar aged virgin for a partner.

She might if she were a virgin herself. :]
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending