The Student Room Group

Lingerie

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
for me, matching underwear is so hot. You should model some of what you by, so we can see how fashionable you are.
I like corsets :tongue:
Original post by Bakmouth
Please take my advice and don't go out in public dressed like a tart.

and remember lingerie is underwear, not visible to all wear. Some men should remember that underwear should not be visible too.
Reply 23
Original post by barnetlad
and remember lingerie is underwear, not visible to all wear. Some men should remember that underwear should not be visible too.

Exactly. I'm sick of seeing poofs wearing Calvin Klein boxers above their waistline, it is absolutely pathetic.
Reply 24
Original post by Jabblez
SO true! I reckon it should be wear what you want, when you want it, obviously still special occasions but nothing completely neccessary!

exactly... it's not just about wearing sexy underwear for a guy, sometimes we need to do it for ourselves! just like wearing makeup.. some days we just need that extra something to make ourselves feel good :smile: a bit of red lipstick, wearing suspenders/stocking instead of boring tights, etc. its the best confidence boost!

edit: not all at once though... unless you can pull off the Dita look :wink: otherwise you'll look like a street walker/snog marry avoid.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by wm123
Sienna Miller. Layer cake. :coma: Any excuse to google her, in fact all the excitement has lead me to forget what i was originally going to say.

I like your style. Favourite part of the movie for me.
My boyfriend notices when I have new underwear only when I go to put it back on.
Reply 27
Sometimes its nice to see those unprepared non-matching pants on. Sometimes you can be looking at those special 'pulling panties' that are clearly there for one purpose and think... feck, am i a victim. Its nice to feel like you (as the girl) wasnt on a mission, but thought dayumm, il make an exception for that ass!
Reply 28
Original post by popple7
exactly... it's not just about wearing sexy underwear for a guy, sometimes we need to do it for ourselves! just like wearing makeup.. some days we just need that extra something to make ourselves feel good :smile: a bit of red lipstick, wearing suspenders/stocking instead of boring tights, etc. its the best confidence boost!

Exactly! I just ordered my first suspender belt and stockings, it's purely for myself, I love my legs, just fake tanned them today :P but once i get them, I'm not wearing them for a lad (unfortunately single at the moment) its a far better feeling that eating a bar of chocolate could give me! I raided the La senza sale last summer, with my resolution of loosing weight (i WAS fat before 2011, I've lost over 2 stone and am a size 10-12 now (bearing in mind I'm 5"10 and 12 stone now)) and bought a ton of stuff that didn;t look good before as a pure incentive to lose weight, and while my aim is 11 stone, I'm nearly there and it looks good, and makes me feel even better!
Reply 29
Original post by Drewski
Quite right, he wouldn't care. Noone looks at the wrapping paper once it's been taken off the present. But then you said "I've always wondered if guys care about if they see you in mis-matching underwear." The fact is that some will and some won't.

Getting matching underwear is difficult for some girls though!
Reply 30
Original post by hazelsaurus
I like corsets :tongue:

Seconded. Especially victorian style ones... The only thing is all of those 'bra clasp' things in a row are seriously intimidating. Especially if the girl decided to stick it on realllly tight in some attempt to show everyone how amazingly skinny she is... with a corset on...
I wear sexy matching underwear everyday except when I'm ill or doing my fake tan, it makes me feel pretty and if a certain occasion/ penis were to arise then I would feel comfortable taking my clothes off if I liked my underwear. Most guys I know like matching, silk, lacy numbers
Reply 32
Original post by .Ali.
Getting matching underwear is difficult for some girls though!

And for those girls - and their OHs - while there may be some minor, momentary sense of "arw :frown:" there would usually be an almost instant case of "yippee" because of the reasons behind it!
Reply 33
Original post by Drewski
And for those girls - and their OHs - while there may be some minor, momentary sense of "arw :frown:" there would usually be an almost instant case of "yippee" because of the reasons behind it!

Hahaha yeah you're right on that one :tongue:
Reply 34
I have spent SO much money on lingerie, its ridiculous really. I don't wear it often!
Reply 35
Original post by .Ali.
Hahaha yeah you're right on that one :tongue:

:yep: Definitely a case of the person inside the lingerie being far more important than the lingerie itself.
Recently bought some new stuff, still haven't had a chance to wear it for my boyfriend! Starting to get frustrated, haha.

But yes, I feel much better when I'm wearing matching underwear. I've started to get pretty wary about my boyfriend seeing me in non-matching underwear, I just don't feel attractive!
Original post by James1977
I buy my wife underwear from a shop called What Katie Did.

They sell 50s inspired designs, corsets, waspies, that sort of thing and very little of their underwear looks 'cheap'.

Well worth a look if you would like something different to the usual M&S stuff.

Love this website :biggrin:
Thanks for sharing.
Original post by L-J-B
Seconded. Especially victorian style ones... The only thing is all of those 'bra clasp' things in a row are seriously intimidating.

Are you on about the corset busk?

If you think they're intimidating don't go to a burlesque night.

Me, I love really nice underwear (its why I buy it for my wife). The contents are wonderful but sometimes a lovely wrapper adds to the enjoyment!

Original post by secret_smile
Love this website :biggrin:
Thanks for sharing.

No problems at all.

I have links to a fair few similar shops. We attend a fair few burlesque nights and are always picking up flyers for stores.

Burlesque Salon in Birmingham is prety good.

Adixxtion Design is very good for corsets, especially if you are looking for something different.
(edited 12 years ago)
pics

Quick Reply