The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
:rofl: Okay, I'll remove it. And you need to edit your post so you aren't quoting me.

will do :yep: before anyone negs rep me I'm only thinking of us. Simply ask if you want it
Reply 721
Edit so you aren't quoting me! :tongue:

Not Again :colonhash:

:tongue:
Reply 722
The Kaplan papers were pretty damn good too... a few of the same q's came up in my actual test too, although the price is a bit of a rip off :erm:
Original post by haleem
Not Again :colonhash:

:tongue:

The first time. :rofl2: :facepalm:

How're you keeping? :tongue:
Original post by haleem
The Kaplan papers were pretty damn good too... a few of the same q's came up in my actual test too, although the price is a bit of a rip off :erm:

How much were those? I didn't know Kaplan did them... :nothing:
Reply 725
The first time. :rofl2: :facepalm:

How're you keeping? :tongue:

:mmm:

I'm okay, you?
I think I'm starting to go a bit mad though :nutcase:
Should really get a job :colonhash:
How much were those? I didn't know Kaplan did them... :nothing:

Like £200+ :colonhash:
Original post by haleem
:mmm:

I'm okay, you?
I think I'm starting to go a bit mad though :nutcase:
Should really get a job :colonhash:

Like £200+ :colonhash:

£200+?! What did they include?! Were they actually helpful?

Not too bad! Although going mad is mutual. More so than before.
Before you do get a job, know that it probably will become tedious and you will live to sleep. Once you accept that, it passes time and you don't mind it as much. :yep:
Reply 727
£200+?! What did they include?! Were they actually helpful?

Not too bad! Although going mad is mutual. More so than before.
Before you do get a job, know that it probably will become tedious and you will live to sleep. Once you accept that, it passes time and you don't mind it as much. :yep:

Yeah :sad:
It was a two day course... the teaching itself was okay, but the papers were really really good :yep: gives you lots of practice material...

I think its better just buying the papers from ebay or somewhere, if you can find them :s-smilie:

Yeah, I worked last year full time as a "proper" HCA :tongue: :colone:
And yeah, the year flew by, but it was bloody knackering... waking up at like 5:30 and bloody night shifts....bleurghhhh :afraid:
Original post by haleem
Yeah :sad:
It was a two day course... the teaching itself was okay, but the papers were really really good :yep: gives you lots of practice material...

I think its better just buying the papers from ebay or somewhere, if you can find them :s-smilie:

Yeah, I worked last year full time as a "proper" HCA :tongue: :colone:
And yeah, the year flew by, but it was bloody knackering... waking up at like 5:30 and bloody night shifts....bleurghhhh :afraid:

Would ebay actually do them? I wouldn't put it past them to give you the material with wrong answers. Just to make you suffer. :colonhash: Or maybe I'm just incredibly paranoid. :tongue:
At least it did help though. So the money was worth it! Even if overpriced.

Proper? Yeah yeah. I know what you mean though. :tongue:
It's more tiring than I thought it'd be tbh. Actually, I still don't actually feel tired as such but I probably am. According to my parents I definitely am. :rolleyes:
I don't have nights. :puppyeyes: But earlies are awful.
Reply 729
Would ebay actually do them? I wouldn't put it past them to give you the material with wrong answers. Just to make you suffer. :colonhash: Or maybe I'm just incredibly paranoid. :tongue:
At least it did help though. So the money was worth it! Even if overpriced.

Proper? Yeah yeah. I know what you mean though. :tongue:
It's more tiring than I thought it'd be tbh. Actually, I still don't actually feel tired as such but I probably am. According to my parents I definitely am. :rolleyes:
I don't have nights. :puppyeyes: But earlies are awful.

Nah, people who have been on the course probably stick them on there to sell after. You is being paranoid :rolleyes: You ever used ebay? :eyeball:
Yeah, I guess..

I'm joking :tongue: HCA work differs so much depending on what sort of ward and hospital you are working at tbh :yep:
Nights aren't actually that bad, oh dear god, an early shift after a later shift is like FML...

Do you enjoy it? I thought it was really good, but it is very very demanding... tbh I can't be bothered with HCA work again :s-smilie: unless its part time/bank shifts :colone:
Hello :smile:
I've decided after lengthy discussions ie. persuading my family, that i am reapplying for 2012 entry.
this will be my 2nd gap year. i applied to edinburgh, glasgow, aberdeen and dundee for medicine last year, and this evening have rejected my offer to study biology at edinburgh. i have aaaab at higher and bbb advanced higher, got 635 in my ukcat so academically the odds were against me. non-academically however i have a lot.
i'm planning on doing a course to get my ukcat up, i really want to go to glasgow and once you have your ukcat over their threshold i know you're guaranteed an interview.
anyone recommend any? i know the kaplan is meant to be pretty good.
anyway, i've just been offered a job as a healthcare assistant at my local nhs hospital which im really happy about. so all starts from here :smile:
xxxx
Reply 731
Hello fellow reapplicants :biggrin: joining this thread after finally persuading my family and college to let me to take a gap year or as i like to call it a mysteryy yeaar .. makes it sound a bit more exciting rather than me getting a job and living at home for a year :P
Reply 732
Original post by SophiaMaria
Hello :smile:
I've decided after lengthy discussions ie. persuading my family, that i am reapplying for 2012 entry.
this will be my 2nd gap year. i applied to edinburgh, glasgow, aberdeen and dundee for medicine last year, and this evening have rejected my offer to study biology at edinburgh. i have aaaab at higher and bbb advanced higher, got 635 in my ukcat so academically the odds were against me. non-academically however i have a lot.
i'm planning on doing a course to get my ukcat up, i really want to go to glasgow and once you have your ukcat over their threshold i know you're guaranteed an interview.
anyone recommend any? i know the kaplan is meant to be pretty good.
anyway, i've just been offered a job as a healthcare assistant at my local nhs hospital which im really happy about. so all starts from here :smile:
xxxx

Do the 600q book a few times, do the official online tests a few times, kaplan papers, UPO... that should be enough practice for you to develop a good strategy for each section and hopefully improve your score :smile:
Reply 733
Can someone PM me the UKCAT tips, pooleez:puppyeyes:
Reply 734
Original post by futuredoc77
Wait what's prelims? :stupido2:

:console: Work on Saturdays truly sucks :sadnod: especially on a gorgeous sunny one like today :moon:

Good luck with the exams :afraid:

Jumphugs are awesome :gah:

:nutcase: Wow!! That's so cool :teeth: let us know how it all goes :dance:

I'm gooood :sexface: Just applied through Extra this morning :gah:

what for and where?! :zomg:
Reply 735
anyone not got it?

And yes i know that's not correct english :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)

Original post by dmz
anyone not got it?

You're canny fitt for giving me that ukcat stuff. Thanks :h:
Thanks DMZ.

On another note, my brother had a baby girl 7lbs 1oz last night! :dance: :woohoo: Everyone is doing really well :biggrin: You should see this baby's hair!
Reply 738
Original post by dmz
anyone not got it?

I don't! And I've decided if I get a high UKCAT score, and it gets me into university, I may reveal me identity :sexface:

Sorry I've been AWOL though - just not as dedicated to the reapp thread as you guys :P
soo... im reapplying while starting my Chemical Engineering...
Im doomed to refail, but i need to have this as a back up!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending