The Student Room Group

Empathy Quotient test - with poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It seems there aren't many 'average' people in this thread. :beard: That said, I retook the test and I came out 35 - maybe if I was to take it a third time I'd come out as below the normal level. :tongue:
56 (female)
Reply 42
Original post by kerily
Ooooh. Link me to that? :biggrin: (Also, you can't know if you have autism just from a test like this - I realise you're probably joking, but it's a whole host of symptoms and isn't just characterised by social awkwardness :tongue:)

I hope so :biggrin: I mean, it just wouldn't be a gathering of maths children without at least a couple of people with weird dress sense and peculiar mannerisms. There better be some, or I'll feel most shortchanged :tongue: (I met Marcus du Sautoy once and he had orange trousers :awesome:)

Integers have the decency not to get all emotional on you - why can't people do the same? :tongue:

They're all here: http://glennrowe.net/BaronCohen.aspx :smile:

Haha, yeah I was just joking around. :tongue: But I still think our wee Maths Camp-ers should do the test... Just to give an indication of if they're suitably Mathmo-like or not.

Orange trousers?! Wow. What a man... :awesome:
46, apparently I'm not a man :emo:

Biology/Chemistry/Maths/Psychology (if anyone's interested)
My best subject is maths, but I got 42. I better apply for some soft subject like english with a score like that :'(
Reply 45
66?!! :smile:
Reply 46
58... But some of the questions were weird and I ended up answering similar questions differently?

Edit: As usual I rate above average :wink:
Reply 47
42. I love being average.

P.s I loled at that question about cutting up worms.
50. Thought I would be higher! Guess it's nice to know I'm not overly sensitive though, sometimes it feels like it.
21. I know i'm a social retard but i do try and can definetly sense when i'm not wanted. I cant always sense when someone is making fun of me in a nice way. I don't have Autism or Asperges do i? I'm very smart and think a LOT and i know stuff people my age don't.

HELP???
16, and studying English for the post above...
65. Perhaps this test should be used instead of the UKCAT. :rolleyes:
Reply 52
34 (male). I guess I can be a little socially awkward, so it doesn't really surprise me to get such a score.

I'm also a mathsy person by the way.
30, something is wrong though, because I'm a very emotional person.
14??!?!?!!!

Christ.
I've done these tests last year during a module of my degree and got a similar score.
Im doomed :eek:
Original post by Silver Arrow
21. I know i'm a social retard but i do try and can definetly sense when i'm not wanted. I cant always sense when someone is making fun of me in a nice way. I don't have Autism or Asperges do i? I'm very smart and think a LOT and i know stuff people my age don't.

HELP???

How can anyone diagnose autism over an internet forum? Ask someone qualified.
49. I genuinely thought I'd be higher than that.....I even wrote the word 'empathetic' on my personal statement lol.
Original post by haleem
It was like the UKCAT :awesome:
I got 58 :ahee:

You mean, slightly read the question then pick a choice almost at random? :ahee:

49.. That'll do nicely :smug:
Reply 59
65 :0

For those of you interested in reading more about empathy, Zero Degrees of Empathy
by Simon Baron-Cohen puts across some interesting points.

[yes, he is related to Borat.]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending