The Student Room Group

Empathy Quotient test - with poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
You mean, slightly read the question then pick a choice almost at random? :ahee:

49.. That'll do nicely :smug:

Yeah :ahee:

I actually didn't realise this year that the last section had changed, which is why the instructions said IMPORTANT, READ...but I just clicked next, and then didn't know what I was saying about myself :facepalm2:
Reply 62
Your score: 35

Lol
Reply 63
I got 71
Reply 64
OP should really make a poll with each of the score ranges and the type of subject/s people study :biggrin: (I got 48 - hooray for being average!)
Reply 65
24?

Apparantly I have Aspergers? Hmm, I think maybe I couldn't answer some of the questions how I wanted to. I don't think I have Aspergers :redface:
Reply 66
Original post by flooffi
65 :0

For those of you interested in reading more about empathy, Zero Degrees of Empathy
by Simon Baron-Cohen puts across some interesting points.

[yes, he is related to Borat.]

Really? :zomg:
Original post by haleem

Original post by haleem
Yeah :ahee:

I actually didn't realise this year that the last section had changed, which is why the instructions said IMPORTANT, READ...but I just clicked next, and then didn't know what I was saying about myself :facepalm2:

The last section being DA or the unmarked one?

Since I didn't notice a change in either :teehee:
Reply 68
30. Slightly lower than what I expected, but probably in the right region. I'd have thought it'd be mid-30s.

It'd be interesting to see whether this score relates to other similar tests. My systemizing quotient (Systemizing Quotient) is 30, which is bang on average for a male, and my personality type is INTJ (Personality Test).

I do wonder about how accurate these [definitely agree/slightly agree/slightly disagree/definitely disagree] type questions are for me because I'm fairly neutral for a lot of the questions and hardly ever go for the 'strongly x' option.

Physics applicant btw.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by haleem
Really? :zomg:

well, no... Borat's not real :tongue:
But yes he's Sasha Baron-Cohen's cousin (:
I got 60!
Reply 71
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
The last section being DA or the unmarked one?

Since I didn't notice a change in either :teehee:

:rofl:

The unmarked, absolutely pointless one :colonhash:
When you get to that section, you really don't give a **** tbh :colone:
Wasn't Simon Baron-Cohen working on this? I went to a lecture which he did at the Royal Institute of Great Britain and he talked about it a little
10... and I am female... :facepalm:

Oh dear.
Reply 74
I got 18. Was expecting it to be even lower, if I'm honest.
Reply 75
Original post by flooffi
well, no... Borat's not real :tongue:
But yes he's Sasha Baron-Cohen's cousin (:

He's not :sad:
I joke..

But, interesting :holmes:
I'm not sure that's right though, scoring-wise. I don't know how the scoring system works but from the answers I supplied, that number seems abnormally low.
Reply 77
7. Oops.
Reply 78
Original post by bzzz
OP should really make a poll with each of the score ranges and the type of subject/s people study :biggrin: (I got 48 - hooray for being average!)

That would be interesting. What do you think the outcome of that would be?

I loved the 'I know how to make the best use of every minute of my time' question. Like anyone actually bothering to do the quiz does.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending