The Student Room Group

Lingerie

Scroll to see replies

i don't do 'kinky' or 'sexy' or whatever - function over form for me, both undergarments and clothes on top!
to me good underwear is when i deem it to cover what i want to be properly concealed by the undergarment in question :'D

stuff like g-strings/thongs, i don't like the idea of what they look like or what they represent/suggest;
lingerie stuff like suspenders or frilly/slightly seethrough fabrics, i just dont see the point of them.

not that i need such undergarments to feel good/better about myself anyway - i like my appearance in pretty much anything i wear (.......or nothing worn) ^_^
Reply 41
Original post by James1977
Are you on about the corset busk?

If you think they're intimidating don't go to a burlesque night.

Me, I love really nice underwear (its why I buy it for my wife). The contents are wonderful but sometimes a lovely wrapper adds to the enjoyment!

No problems at all.

I have links to a fair few similar shops. We attend a fair few burlesque nights and are always picking up flyers for stores.

Oooh sounds interesting, what is a burlesque night? [edit] you mean like a burlesque show?

Perhaps being intimidated is half the fun :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Jabblez
Exactly! I just ordered my first suspender belt and stockings, it's purely for myself, I love my legs, just fake tanned them today :P but once i get them, I'm not wearing them for a lad (unfortunately single at the moment) its a far better feeling that eating a bar of chocolate could give me! I raided the La senza sale last summer, with my resolution of loosing weight (i WAS fat before 2011, I've lost over 2 stone and am a size 10-12 now (bearing in mind I'm 5"10 and 12 stone now)) and bought a ton of stuff that didn;t look good before as a pure incentive to lose weight, and while my aim is 11 stone, I'm nearly there and it looks good, and makes me feel even better!

aw congrats on the weight loss! that's brilliant! :smile: sounds like you are really motivated and determined to keep the weight off too.

confidence with yourself is 100% better than any confidence a man can give you, anyway. so lingerie is YOUR treat to YOURSELF! and you can unwrap your 'present' and be like "im hot!" to yourself :p: nothing like trying on your fave sexy lingerie when your single and in need of a confidence boost. sometimes we're too hard on ourselves, so it's nice to have little moments of confidence and feeling like a hotty!
Original post by get__free
Derp.. I know that. But when they have a pair of boobs hanging invitingly over their face, I didn't think he'd be worried that I matched red with purple.

Red with purple? Girl, you crazy? :plz2:

I jest (obviously). To even get a lass down to her undies would be an achievement (35G, natch) for me most of the time (given how little time I have to actually go out on clunge patrol these days).
It took all my will power not to click on this thread.

..Oh.. wait. :/
Reply 45
Are you on about the corset busk?

If you think they're intimidating don't go to a burlesque night.

Me, I love really nice underwear (its why I buy it for my wife). The contents are wonderful but sometimes a lovely wrapper adds to the enjoyment!

No problems at all.

I have links to a fair few similar shops. We attend a fair few burlesque nights and are always picking up flyers for stores.

Burlesque Salon in Birmingham is prety good.

Adixxtion Design is very good for corsets, especially if you are looking for something different.

I <3 you for sharing!! I love alll this classic stuff, it's absolutely amazing and I would never have heard of it otherwise!
Reply 46
Oi Oi
Original post by L-J-B
Oooh sounds interesting, what is a burlesque night? [edit] you mean like a burlesque show?

Perhaps being intimidated is half the fun :biggrin:

Yes, exactly like a burlesque show.

We go to a night called 'Heresy n Heelz' which was being held in Birmingham but hs just moved back to Derby, a night up in Grimsby called 'The Cats Pyjamas' and an occasional night held in Derby called 'Hurly Burly'.

We also go to a few more extreme nights in London from time to time.
Reply 48
Original post by popple7
aw congrats on the weight loss! that's brilliant! :smile: sounds like you are really motivated and determined to keep the weight off too.

confidence with yourself is 100% better than any confidence a man can give you, anyway. so lingerie is YOUR treat to YOURSELF! and you can unwrap your 'present' and be like "im hot!" to yourself :p: nothing like trying on your fave sexy lingerie when your single and in need of a confidence boost. sometimes we're too hard on ourselves, so it's nice to have little moments of confidence and feeling like a hotty!

Yeah I gave up chocolate for new years, now I finally fit into stuff I bought in 2009 again! Who knew it was such a large part of my diet! I didn't give it up to lose weight, just to feel healthier, but i do feel and look a lot better! I've asked some mates about it too who I don't see all that often and they agree! But still, it does feel good! I want to lose another 1-2 stones and then I'll be happy! and thin! But I wan;t to keep my boobs which is a big problem for me, as they ahve already shrunk! I was a 38B and am now a 34C but they keep going down! (mainly rib size but I have noticed a slight difference in cup size as well and I already own all push ups!)

But I do feel more confident, hence the lingerie purchases, I would never have bought them before I lost the weight. Now its me time :wink:
Reply 49
Yes, exactly like a burlesque show.

We go to a night called 'Heresy n Heelz' which was being held in Birmingham but hs just moved back to Derby, a night up in Grimsby called 'The Cats Pyjamas' and an occasional night held in Derby called 'Hurly Burly'.

We also go to a few more extreme nights in London from time to time.

Ooh i might look into that then.. I think as perhaps an experience, even a one off, its something me and my girlfriend would enjoy.. Something different anyhow!
Original post by L-J-B
Ooh i might look into that then.. I think as perhaps an experience, even a one off, its something me and my girlfriend would enjoy.. Something different anyhow!

Careful if you go on the Heresy n Heelz website. I was picked for the 'best dressed' competition awhile back and the website is still defaced with my image.....:wink:
Reply 51
Careful if you go on the Heresy n Heelz website. I was picked for the 'best dressed' competition awhile back and the website is still defaced with my image.....:wink:

Well, now i feel obliged! Im not sure my girlfriend would be terribly pleased with pictures :frown: is dressing up compulsary? I like to think were not boring but i think thats a litttle too adventurous! :colondollar:
Original post by L-J-B
Well, now i feel obliged! Im not sure my girlfriend would be terribly pleased with pictures :frown: is dressing up compulsary? I like to think were not boring but i think thats a litttle too adventurous! :colondollar:

Dressing up isn't compulsory (you can wear street clothes) but it doesn't need to be outragous. Some guys just wear smart vintage suits and the ladies cocktail dresses etc.

Its a bit of fun and although not an intimidating place by any means you'll probably enjoy it more if you get into the spirit of the event.
Reply 53
Ahh yes, sometimes sexy lingerie is a must :yep:

Even more so for surprise visits to his office...:sexface:
Reply 54
Dressing up isn't compulsory (you can wear street clothes) but it doesn't need to be outragous. Some guys just wear smart vintage suits and the ladies cocktail dresses etc.

Its a bit of fun and although not an intimidating place by any means you'll probably enjoy it more if you get into the spirit of the event.

As a guy who enjoys a suit im sure iv got a nice double breasted one somewhere i could put too good use! This is sounding pretty enticing as a night out. A good excuse to book a couple of nights away perhaps!
:sexface:
It's always nice to slip on some sexy underwear when you're feeling a bit down... it gives you a great confidence boost and your partner doesn't have any complaints either!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending