The Student Room Group

How do I turn him down nicely?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by little_wizard123
I won't tell you where your flaw is in your original point.

Are you this guy, anyway? She doesn't like him, so why would she give him a chance?

Yes, I'm so obviously that guy. :rolleyes:

She has said herself it was only a ten minute conversation, if she gave him one date then she might have found herself a fella. Can't blame the guy for being keen, I'm surprised she hasn't been snapped up already judging by her photos.

Btw, your neg rep means nothing to me. :wink:
Reply 41
Original post by Niksput
Yeah. I sure did. And I wouldn't hesitate in doing it again. Just watch your back buddy.

There's a limit on how much rep you can give someone. :wink:
Tell him you can't be with him because you're the property of Chuck Norris. If you're unsure of what to say, remember that the best replies are the true ones.
Reply 43
Original post by Countmein
There's a limit on how much rep you can give someone. :wink:

You win today, Sherlock.

You win today.
Original post by Phil-
say you have AIDS

I was going to say herpes myself.
Was it necessary to post twice in the same thread. :s-smilie:

OP, you said in your other thread you feel a bit lonely. If this guy is keen on you he could cheer you up. :wink:

Give him a chance!

Erm, no.
He was attractive, had a lot of girls around him etc etc but I could tell he wasn't my type. Plus, I hate it when guys insist for my number.
Just tell him you have a boyfriend, or get a "friend" to text him telling him to stop bothering his girlfriend. I'll do it if you like :wink: might be fun.

You'd find it fun to crush a poor guy's feelings?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by chiksy
hey mate,keep it in mind that there are no nice ways to tell that (just less horrible):biggrin::biggrin:

True. However, I didn't want to be mean and hurt his feelings. I wanted to do it in the least offensive way possible.
Reply 48
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
Erm, no.
He was attractive, had a lot of girls around him etc etc but I could tell he wasn't my type. Plus, I hate it when guys insist for my number.

Unless you've got members of the opposite sex knocking down your door, I'd advise you to give him a chance. :dontknow:

A nice devoted boyfriend will cheer you up.
Unless you've got members of the opposite sex knocking down your door, I'd advise you to give him a chance. :dontknow:

A nice devoted boyfriend will cheer you up.

Well, obviously the last part is true, but I'm completely convinced he's not the right one.

Although, your post is starting to make me feel like I should be grateful for any attention at all.
Reply 50
Hey :smile:

this has happened to me - i hate those annoying guys that don't leave you alone. I'm 19 and it still happens.

In those situations though, you have to be honest with them and tell them that you are NOT interested.

OR if you're too nervous to say that (like me), just say in the future. 'I've got a man' or 'I have my mum's fone so I can't give you my number, but i can take yours' and then just never call them :wink:

For now, just try the silent treatment.
Reply 51
It really annoys me when girls don't reply to texts at all. It's just rude IMO and I hate being kept in suspense.

Why not just send a quick thanks but no thanks message? That requires minimal effort on the girls part and lets the guy know where he stands.
Reply 52
Original post by Fight-or-Flight
Negger negger? What the fuukkkk are you playing at?
:unimpressed:
Do you realise how much it offends me motha fuuukaa?

I visit this thread to give the poor OP some kind of relief,
And all I'm getting from people like you is racial grief?
As I stare at your post; I see pain.
As I stare at your post; I am losing my mind and my brain.
And the rage that is inside; I can no longer contain.

Now what I wanna know is,
What is your motivation, for this racial implication, that has created this situation, and this frustration, upon this nation?

You know what **** this thread and its racist people :getmecoat:

What the hell has that got to do with anything???
This is about race at all..........hes huge and muscular thats why i suggested it
Tell him you have a boyfriend lol
You'd find it fun to crush a poor guy's feelings?

Crush is a bit too strong... and don't give him your number in the first place then you wouldn't have this problem.
Crush is a bit too strong... and don't give him your number in the first place then you wouldn't have this problem.

I gave it to him by mistake.
Read the OP. :hand:
Erm... give him a chance?

I don't really see how you can reject him after 10 minutes.
I gave it to him by mistake.
Read the OP. :hand:

But that's the point, if you don't fancy him and don't want to talk to him in the future, don't give him your number at all. Giving him a fake number either takes him to somebody else or they feel **** when they realise it's fake. Just because you don't have to let him down, it doesn't mean it's nicer!

Also, saying you gave a guy your number by mistake sounds pretty funny.
But that's the point, if you don't fancy him and don't want to talk to him in the future, don't give him your number at all. Giving him a fake number either takes him to somebody else or they feel **** when they realise it's fake. Just because you don't have to let him down, it doesn't mean it's nicer!

Also, saying you gave a guy your number by mistake sounds pretty funny.

Yeah, I did try and tell him I wasn't interested but he wouldn't leave me alone.
Also, in the end I was mature and let him now I wasn't interested. So stop being mean.

And I just said my number quickly without thinking, I just waned him to go away.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
Poor guy :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending