The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Master filmmaker. Rest in peace.
Reply 921
Sidney Lumet. :rip:

Dog Day Afternoon. :sogood:

mimimimi
Just started to watch Red Road after seeing it mentioned earlier in this thread. 5 minutes in and I've just realised I've seen it before, in the cinema. I really should keep a book with a list of all the films I've seen, because I watch so many (and have such a bad memory) that it's hard to keep track of them! Going to carry on watching it anyway, because I don't remember the plot exactly but remember enjoying it.

Yeah, that was me. I really loved that film. :yep:

Christien
Anyone know anything of Terence Malick's work? He's greatly respected, but to my shame I haven't seen any of his films.

Ditto. I'll be picking up Thin Red Line the next time I'm out movie-shopping. Also looking forward to The Tree of Life.
RIP Sidney lumet

Btw anyone else here seen The book of Eli, also anyone seen The Road? Saw the Book of Eli a few days ago.. pretty solid, Denzel's great in lead roles still, it's one of those films that you can look back on completely differently if one thing is pointed out to you - quite weird but interesting, their may or may not be some huge intentional twist in it
Original post by lukejoshjedi

Btw anyone else here seen The book of Eli, also anyone seen The Road? Saw the Book of Eli a few days ago.. pretty solid, Denzel's great in lead roles still, it's one of those films that you can look back on completely differently if one thing is pointed out to you - quite weird but interesting, their may or may not be some huge intentional twist in it

Book of Eli - enjoyable and solid action film. And I understand what you mean, I watched for a second time a few months back, picking up things I didn't notice before. The Road - not so much. Didn't do the book justice (naturally very few films do), but it just didn't have anything special. I felt it could have been done better. Viggo was great though.

Both films make you want to play Fallout 3/New Vegas, in the same way True Grit makes you want to play Red Dead Redemption. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 924
Oh man, I do actually really want to play Fallout: NV now. Can't go back to 3, it seems so inferior now :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 925
RIP Sidney lumet

The Road was so depressing. The action-y sequences seemed to drawn out and the flashbacks seemed out of place. The Book of Eli was good just so sit down and switch off too but the ending was really disappointing...

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 926
Wasn't expecting The Blind Side to be as good as it was. Absolutely brilliant.
Reply 927
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49209

Maybe it's not doomed after all :teeth:
Original post by True Ace
The Road was so depressing. The action-y sequences seemed to drawn out and the flashbacks seemed out of place. The Book of Eli was good just so sit down and switch off too but the ending was really disappointing...

Spoiler

Yeah, if I was in a post-nuclear apocalypse wasteland, I'd want to skip through the field of crops razed to the ground.
Original post by Christien
Oh man, I do actually really want to play Fallout: NV now. Can't go back to 3, it seems so inferior now :frown:

Both games hold a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. place in my heart.

Original post by True Ace
The Road was so depressing.

Sort of the point.
Reply 930
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Both games hold a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. place in my heart.

Sort of the point.

There must be a lot of perks to such an accommodating worldview. I can't help but think of the previous entry as a bloody mess by comparison. :frown:
Reply 931
:biggrin:
Original post by Roobsa
Wasn't expecting The Blind Side to be as good as it was. Absolutely brilliant.

Oh I'm so jealous! I wanted to see it in the cinema but it wasn't on long enough. I've just canceled Sky Movies too as I wasn't watching anything on it and found i was seeing everything if the cinema with my unlimited card. :frown: typical that i cancel and then loadsa things I wanna see come out... :angry:
This thread's gone weird.
I just watched Happiness. So dark.
Reply 934

Looks good :holmes:
Saw - most of Legion last night... L o L at the plot, I like Paul Betanny but he should stop acting in crappy films

Also, I need to start my own countdown to Thor... like yeah
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49209

Maybe it's not doomed after all :teeth:

That said, apparently the MOON & SOURCE CODE director feels like he would rather do his own original sci fi script next, but is taking the meeting more or less to explore options and be polite.

Would rather him do his own original thing than Wolverine, to be honest.

There must be a lot of perks to such an accommodating worldview. I can't help but think of the previous entry as a bloody mess by comparison. :frown:

First video game love for the post-apocalyptic world and music and all that jazz. A lot of people share your view, but I think they're both great games in their own right. And, of course, Tranquillity Lane. :colone:
So I thought I would spice up the dead inb4 what is your favourite "insert cliched phrase here" Film forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30790506 if anybody wants to post. Or not, I'm used to threads dying. :cry2:

Also new trailer:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
So I thought I would spice up the dead inb4 what is your favourite "insert cliched phrase here" Film forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30790506 if anybody wants to post. Or not, I'm used to threads dying. :cry2:

Will post later :h:

Those threads only annoy me when it's a relatively new user who say's like 2 lines before linking to a youtube video instead of embedding it directly.
Reply 939
Saw - most of Legion last night... L o L at the plot, I like Paul Betanny but he should stop acting in crappy films

Also, I need to start my own countdown to Thor... like yeah

Did you feel as though they nicked the plot from The Terminator? y'know, protecting a woman to save the future...

Quick Reply

Latest