The Student Room Group

Does race really matter to girls?

Anon please. Does race really matter to girls? Be honest. Is your prince charming really a person from Asian/Black descent for instance? Girls rarely have them down as their type. The thing is there are lots of threads saying girls don't mind it. But when it comes to real life at uni let's say, a girl from British descent would never mingle with the same social circle as the guy from the different race let alone mingle with a person of a different race.
Or is my mind warped. Because seriously this is all I'm feeling.

Scroll to see replies

Dunno :dontknow:

Depends on the girl.
Depends on the girls. You can't generalize; it's not like girls are a certain species with uniform romantic preferences..
Reply 3
Goodness, why is TSR suddenly flooded with race related or penis size topics.
Reply 4
Original post by heart shaped box
Depends on the girls. You can't generalize; it's not like girls are a certain species with uniform romantic preferences..

No but mostly would you say girls care about race??
Reply 5
I didn't imagine my Prince as a S. American but he's the most handsome man in the world and my dream guy! :] <3

Apparently ITT: bitter, single wenches. :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't care as long as you have a big dick, a big wallet, are good at sex and are intelligent.
Reply 7
Original post by heart shaped box

lol
Original post by Anonymous
Anon please. Does race really matter to girls? Be honest. Is your prince charming really a person from Asian/Black descent for instance? Girls rarely have them down as their type. The thing is there are lots of threads saying girls don't mind it. But when it comes to real life at uni let's say, a girl from British descent would never mingle with the same social circle as the guy from the different race let alone mingle with a person of a different race.
Or is my mind warped. Because seriously this is all I'm feeling.

:lolwut:
Where do you live? I have male friends of ALL races, it really doesn’t bother me. I have preference races for my boyfriends and partners but that’s all it is; a preference. It doesn’t mean I wouldn’t go out with anybody just because they weren’t a certain race, that’s ridiculous. There might be somegirls who refuse to go out with certain races and I’m sorry if you have met one of these few people but don’t think that all girls are like that. Uni is one of the most diverse places you could go with so I don’t think you would find many people like that there. When it comes to friends it really doesn’t matter.
I think girls are more concerned with what other people think such as mates and just generally other people rather than what they actually want.
This girl who really liked me said that she wouldn't date me because i was black. She got with this really ugly white guy who was doing sport studies (mickey mouse degree) ended up pregnant and had to drop out. Go figure huh?
Girls are stupid bro. Don't bother with them. Just get money, status and power and then you can have any girl you want.
Reply 10
This thread hasn't given me enough reassurance. I'm 21 and running out of time, most people have had four relationships or so by then!
It depends. I don't really specifically set out to like one race. If I happen to find the person attractive, then so be it, but if it just happens that I tend to fancy people from one race than the other, that doesn't mean I set out to do so. It's just coincidence.

And despite what somebody has mentioned, I never, ever, get influenced by my friends in terms who I find attractive- or in this case, pretend to find attractive. I have the ''weirdest taste'' as they like to point out. I don't think I do, but whatever.
Reply 12
People have different preferences. Plenty of girls AND guys have racial preferences. I am an Oriental guy who really likes white girls :yep:. They don't like Oriental guys though :sad:.
Reply 13
well ethnic crowds generally hang out with everyone else of there race, often speaking in that language - so it's almost impossible to become good friends.
Reply 14
Original post by Iorek
Goodness, why is TSR suddenly flooded with race related or penis size topics.

because its you creating them, you get off on them
Reply 15
It depends on the girl really. I know some girls who would'nt mix with guys of a different race for a relationship, not because they're racist, they just don't find them their type. However, i know plenty of girls who prefer guys of a different race. You just need to find the girl that loves you for you, race and all! :h:
We're not all the same you know. To some it does, it some it doesn't. I'm personally in the latter group. I like variety, so I can find guys of many races attractive, providing they also have a great personality.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
This thread hasn't given me enough reassurance. I'm 21 and running out of time, most people have had four relationships or so by then!

You're the Bangladeshi guy who made the other thread about finding a girl, aren't you?

Mate, stop being paranoid that girls won't like you because of your skin colour. Like I posted in the other thread just enjoy your life and stop over thinking and I guarantee you'll find a nice girl.

I have a friend who's Bangladeshi and another friend who's Sri Lankan and they both have stunning girlfriends if that puts your mind at ease...
Reply 18
I'm part Black/Oriental and i'm ginger. Should i be worried? Will girls find this unattractive? How should i style myself to gain approval from such girls?
It mattered to Kelly Holmes. And that's why she has two more Olympic gold medals than you.

What? Oh... Right. I'll get my coat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending