The Student Room Group

Man arrested for burning the Quran

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"A statement from the Home Office said: "The government absolutely condemns the burning of the Qur'an. It is fundamentally offensive to the values of our pluralist and tolerant society."

Not that I agree with what he did, but they clearly have no time to tolerate his freedom to burn the Qur'an. Dirty racist hypocrites - I'm sure if an Asian fellow burnt a Bible there would be no such repercussion.
Reply 2
Original post by Selkarn
"A statement from the Home Office said: "The government absolutely condemns the burning of the Qur'an. It is fundamentally offensive to the values of our pluralist and tolerant society."

Not that I agree with what he did, but they clearly have no time to tolerate his freedom to burn the Qur'an. Dirty racist hypocrites - I'm sure if an Asian fellow burnt a Bible there would be no such repercussion.

Exactly!

I'm just waiting on what his punishment will be. I do remember a £50 fine was given to a poppy burner while the other one wasn't punished whatsoever...
Reply 3
Original post by Selkarn

Lol not all Muslims are asian
This thread isnt going to end well :sad:

But im going to sit back and enjoy :colone:
Reply 5
Has he not got better things to do than burn religious texts? He is trying to win votes by burning the Qu'ran?

:facepalm:

What an idiot.

Oh wait, he's a BNP candidate - it all makes sense now.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Angel11
Lol not all Muslims are asian

And nor did I say they were.
Reply 7
Original post by Selkarn

Because all Christians are white and all Muslims are Asian.

Yeah! :rolleyes:
I don't really understand why you would want to burn one :\

anyway, in my view, freedom of speech doesn't include the freedom to deliberately offend other people's culture, religion or traditions
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Selkarn
And nor did I say they were.

I knew you would say that but i felt like saying it anyway :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by No Future
Because all Christians are white and all Muslims are Asian.

Yeah! :rolleyes:

No, they are not, and I did not say they were.
Reply 11
Has he not got better things to do than burn religious texts? He is trying to win votes by burning the Qu'ran?

What an idiot.

Yup!
the world isn't perfect, there is something called diplomacy and countries have to try to be friends with other countries, even if that means offending a few individuals or treating them unfairly

sucks, I know
Reply 13
Probably will be expelled after this...
Reply 14

What an idiot.

Whilst I agree with the fact that it is a waste of time, I still stand up for his right to express himself and his liberty to view any religion as he so pleases. Arresting him simply for expressing his views is extremely authoritarian and totalitarian by the government.
Reply 15
Unlucky for him he will be cursed for the rest of his life which will be very miserable.
watch how the medieval muslims now go on a rampage murdering dozens of people -- then watch how the politicians condemn the book burner for causing the trouble.

funny, when those pitch fork waving muslims went on a rampage the other week, they burnt bibles. so, why no outrage in the christian world??
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Selkarn
Whilst I agree with the fact that it is a waste of time, I still stand up for his right to express himself and his liberty to view any religion as he so pleases. Arresting him simply for expressing his views is extremely authoritarian and totalitarian by the government.

No comment on arresting him, I just think he's an idiot.
I believe people should be free to do whatever they want unless their actions affect the freedoms of others. No matter how blatantly retarded and provocative.
Islam teaches me to exercise peace. God revealed the holy Quran, and will ensure it is unchanged.

The man burning it probably has not read any verses, or understands it at all.

He will account with his Lord, i condemn it heavily, but it will be God who will deal with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending