The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shinobi93

I feel a bit like I've been stalking this thread... :colondollar:

I keep putting the past five or so episodes on in the background, hoping that will make it better, but then they do things like release the promo and it just gets worse. Luckily, a load of the sitcoms I watch from the US come back this week rather than next, so I'll have to make do with them.

Stalking is good :biggrin: you should post too though, then we have even more people to go crazy with! Talking of stalking, when I went to uni I realised I'd been a bit too enthusiastic with my TSRing because a guy I met on my first day there knew who I was based on my posting. He'd been following the thread for our uni. That was scary :eek3: so I decided to monitor my posting more closely...it didn't last long I went back to posting rubbish the next day.

I swear everytime I leave my laptop to do something I click back on here and someone just quoted me. That is spooky.

I've watched a lot of episodes like that recently but then I tried to stop because I want them to stay fresh and not get bored of it before the next episodes come but it's really difficult to stop :frown: I watched OS the other day but then went back to watching a few season one episodes but it's not the same. I know the promo made it so much worse! I'd pushed it to the back of my mind then that came and I was all excited again. Which reminds me, the songs from the next episode are released next Friday online for people to listen to but I'm thinking of not listening this time to keep it a surprise *cue next Friday arriving and me posting them all on this thread having had them on repeat forever* I'm so glad BIOTA is on on Monday though because from this episode they're all great in my opinion and it'll keep me ticking over.

Which sitcomes are they? I don't watch anything else as it's shown on US TV, I just wait for it to come to ours. The main thing I watch is The Big Bang Theory though and I've no idea when that's back over here.
Original post by Peas and love
I have such a crush on Santana- love that she is into girls now too! I hope they develop that storyline more either with Brittany or someone else :tongue:

Can't stop singing Valerie!!!

Me too :woo: I know it's not a popular opinion and I don't think it will happen but I would love for Santana to go out with a girl other than Brittany for a while just to show that she's attracted to other girls. I'd like them to get together in the end but I don't think the timing's right at the moment after Brittany turned Santana down.
Original post by e hine e
Stalking is good :biggrin: you should post too though, then we have even more people to go crazy with! Talking of stalking, when I went to uni I realised I'd been a bit too enthusiastic with my TSRing because a guy I met on my first day there knew who I was based on my posting. He'd been following the thread for our uni. That was scary :eek3: so I decided to monitor my posting more closely...it didn't last long I went back to posting rubbish the next day.

I swear everytime I leave my laptop to do something I click back on here and someone just quoted me. That is spooky.

I've watched a lot of episodes like that recently but then I tried to stop because I want them to stay fresh and not get bored of it before the next episodes come but it's really difficult to stop :frown: I watched OS the other day but then went back to watching a few season one episodes but it's not the same. I know the promo made it so much worse! I'd pushed it to the back of my mind then that came and I was all excited again. Which reminds me, the songs from the next episode are released next Friday online for people to listen to but I'm thinking of not listening this time to keep it a surprise *cue next Friday arriving and me posting them all on this thread having had them on repeat forever* I'm so glad BIOTA is on on Monday though because from this episode they're all great in my opinion and it'll keep me ticking over.

Which sitcomes are they? I don't watch anything else as it's shown on US TV, I just wait for it to come to ours. The main thing I watch is The Big Bang Theory though and I've no idea when that's back over here.

I think I avoided posting because I was in denial about my Glee obsession. Even though my friend and I discuss it avidly on Twitter, which was probably a big giveaway that I'm obsessed.

I'm the same, I didn't want to overwatch them either, but my willpower failed. Even Comeback, which I really wasn't that keen on. I've never rewatched any of season 1 actually. I didn't get obsessed until after SLS, and particularly after OS. I feel like I'll have to avoid the internet soon, as I really don't want too many spoilers and they seem to be everywhere. There's no way I'll do that though! BIOTA is great, I realised that I actually enjoyed all the songs in an episode for once.

Spoiler

Sitcoms: How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Community, 30 Rock. I don't have my own TV so its actually easier to watch them online, but I'm also impatient. I used to watch TBBT, but felt it went downhill.
Me too :woo: I know it's not a popular opinion and I don't think it will happen but I would love for Santana to go out with a girl other than Brittany for a while just to show that she's attracted to other girls. I'd like them to get together in the end but I don't think the timing's right at the moment after Brittany turned Santana down.

Yes, exactly! It would be too early for them to be all happy and in love and that to be end of that storyline, so I definitely hope she gets with someone else to develop it all - like they've done with Kurt, and then for them to get together - (but later...after we've fallen in love with her a little bit more :woo:)
There is something about the accessibility of her not being with anyone, which I think they are toying with so it draws a wider audience, perhaps.

Go team Santana :colondollar:
I think I avoided posting because I was in denial about my Glee obsession. Even though my friend and I discuss it avidly on Twitter, which was probably a big giveaway that I'm obsessed.

I'm the same, I didn't want to overwatch them either, but my willpower failed. Even Comeback, which I really wasn't that keen on. I've never rewatched any of season 1 actually. I didn't get obsessed until after SLS, and particularly after OS. I feel like I'll have to avoid the internet soon, as I really don't want too many spoilers and they seem to be everywhere. There's no way I'll do that though! BIOTA is great, I realised that I actually enjoyed all the songs in an episode for once.

Spoiler

Sitcoms: How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Community, 30 Rock. I don't have my own TV so its actually easier to watch them online, but I'm also impatient. I used to watch TBBT, but felt it went downhill.

I tried denying my obsession for a while. It didn't work :sad: SLS was a definite turning point for me too-I only watched season 1 properly when it was repeated just before season 2 started here because Kurt's always been my favourite character and the season 2 eps I'd seen from the US featured a lot of him :woo: then when SLS was on I just got so much more obsessed. It's just a shame they had to put Comeback in between SLS and the next 3 episodes (although, like I said the other day Comeback was better than I remembered originally but we had to wait all over Christmas then SLS was such a tease then we had to wait again. I swear they do it to drive us crazy). I'm with you on spoilers, I have no idea how people avoid them any more. I'm fine with small ones but I don't want whole storylines ruining.

Spoiler

I keep meaning to watch Modern Family but have never got around to it. TBBT went downhill for me too but I've enjoyed this season more than last.

Yes, exactly! It would be too early for them to be all happy and in love and that to be end of that storyline, so I definitely hope she gets with someone else to develop it all - like they've done with Kurt, and then for them to get together - (but later...after we've fallen in love with her a little bit more :woo:)
There is something about the accessibility of her not being with anyone, which I think they are toying with so it draws a wider audience, perhaps.

Go team Santana :colondollar:

Yes, we definitely need development.

Spoiler

I tried denying my obsession for a while. It didn't work :sad: SLS was a definite turning point for me too-I only watched season 1 properly when it was repeated just before season 2 started here because Kurt's always been my favourite character and the season 2 eps I'd seen from the US featured a lot of him :woo: then when SLS was on I just got so much more obsessed. It's just a shame they had to put Comeback in between SLS and the next 3 episodes (although, like I said the other day Comeback was better than I remembered originally but we had to wait all over Christmas then SLS was such a tease then we had to wait again. I swear they do it to drive us crazy). I'm with you on spoilers, I have no idea how people avoid them any more. I'm fine with small ones but I don't want whole storylines ruining.

Spoiler

I keep meaning to watch Modern Family but have never got around to it. TBBT went downhill for me too but I've enjoyed this season more than last.

SLS gave me hope for Klaine and was just too much of a good episode, although you're right that it was a tease. It was also the first episode I watched just after the US broadcast, as I only started watching season 1 properly after Christmas. Comeback was definitely to annoy people after SLS, when I rewatched it I actually spent the time spotting Kurt mentions. I think my favourite part when I first watched Comeback was the BIOTA promo :biggrin:
Reply 2126
I had a huge grin too :biggrin: I was just sat on the sofa with my laptop and as the scene progressed I think I stopped breathing and I just became a huge grin. I woke up the next day smiling too lol. I know, when I used to watch the day after US broadcast I thought I'd become a huge fan then I started staying up to watch live-the last episode I stayed up to watch live, talked about it afterwards then shut down my laptop then diamonddust posted a link to a behind the scenes video so I actually set my laptop up to watch it (totally worth it-dayum darren) then there was a link to rewatch the episode so I rewatched all the worthy scenes.

I don't really get to the library here either, they're shutting down a lot of local ones so it's about a 1 hour ride to my nearest library (that isn't just a tiny one with books about gardening).

I was lucky in that my interviewers kept pushing me to expand-it's awful if they don't really because in a pressurised situation you don't really know how much they want from you and you don't want to ramble so you usually start with telling them a minimum. It's not fair if they expect you to know exactly what they want. I started talking about Enid Blyton in my interview...I even began comparing it to Harry Potter :facepalm: so I can only wonder what they thought of me. My second interview was pretty fun, it was just with this one guy and wasn't subject specific. I basically taught him about home education as he said he'd never met anyone who'd done it before.

That behind the scenes video is definitely worth restarting your laptop!

Spoiler

Thanks for the sympathy! :smile: I know they made the right decision by not choosing me though; there were 10 applicants for each place for English at Magdalen, and everyone I met was way more intelligent and deserving of a place than me. But still, it would be nice if I could look back without regretting that I didn't really show them what I can do, and without feeling so bitter towards those two professors who did my second interview. Oh, and it's never wrong to compare something to Harry Potter. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever spent so much time analysing HP as I did in Oxford. I think literally all English applicants were fans :biggrin:

I just finished that fic and :cry: OMG it was so beautiful. Everyone who hasn't read it should go read it NOW. That includes any lurkers reading this (and I know you're there!). So go, read it http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6856415/1/Swing_Sets_and_Sandboxes or I will judge you. It could spoil some things for episodes up to season 2 ep 16 though.

I need to think of something to write a fanfic about...I'm not sure whether I'd be better at writing Klaine or Brittana...I think I'd prefer Klaine because at the moment I'm not the biggest fan of Brittany but I don't know what kind of story to do.

Fine, I'll give in and give it a go :tongue: I'm normally really don't like fanfics, but I'll try... This hiatus is literally changed me.

Do write Klaine!!
Reply 2127
SLS gave me hope for Klaine and was just too much of a good episode, although you're right that it was a tease. It was also the first episode I watched just after the US broadcast, as I only started watching season 1 properly after Christmas. Comeback was definitely to annoy people after SLS, when I rewatched it I actually spent the time spotting Kurt mentions. I think my favourite part when I first watched Comeback was the BIOTA promo :biggrin:

After that promo I just stared at my screen like this: :shock:

That promo was just amazing. When I saw

Spoiler

Original post by Ambs

Spoiler

Thanks for the sympathy! :smile: I know they made the right decision by not choosing me though; there were 10 applicants for each place for English at Magdalen, and everyone I met was way more intelligent and deserving of a place than me. But still, it would be nice if I could look back without regretting that I didn't really show them what I can do, and without feeling so bitter towards those two professors who did my second interview. Oh, and it's never wrong to compare something to Harry Potter. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever spent so much time analysing HP as I did in Oxford. I think literally all English applicants were fans :biggrin:

Fine, I'll give in and give it a go :tongue: I'm normally really don't like fanfics, but I'll try... This hiatus is literally changed me.

Do write Klaine!!

I know, I think Darren was caught off guard in that bit too which made him even more shy. I swear Chris has a crush on him though (let's face it who doesn't?!).

I've written a bit of Klaine with my roleplay (becoming a bigger geek every day) http://skintightjeansblaine.tumblr.com/ but it's so funny writing with someone else because I got certain ideas of what could happen then they wrote a paragraph and I had to go in a different direction. It's pretty embarrassing reading it back too...not to mention confusing. I have no idea why tumblr sets things out weirdly :s-smilie: it should give you a thread to click on to see the whole exchange but it doesn't (to my knowledge) you have to scroll back loads of pages. I really need to get back into writing though, I used to write loads when I was younger.

EDIT: turns out there is a thread http://imablackbirdwarbler.tumblr.com/post/4437822629/imablackbirdwarbler but you still have to click on each 'note' individually to read it making it really quite useless.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reading a fanfic now about Rachel/Santana getting together. That's new...

Have to say, I quite like it :ninja:
I have such a crush on Santana- love that she is into girls now too! I hope they develop that storyline more either with Brittany or someone else :tongue:

Can't stop singing Valerie!!!

Me too! :ninja:

Original post by Ambs

Spoiler

Do write Klaine!!

*snip*

Spoiler

That promo was just amazing. When I saw

Spoiler

I know, I think Darren was caught off guard in that bit too which made him even more shy. I swear Chris has a crush on him though (let's face it who doesn't?!).

I've written a bit of Klaine with my roleplay (becoming a bigger geek every day) http://skintightjeansblaine.tumblr.com/ but it's so funny writing with someone else because I got certain ideas of what could happen then they wrote a paragraph and I had to go in a different direction. It's pretty embarrassing reading it back too...not to mention confusing. I have no idea why tumblr sets things out weirdly :s-smilie: it should give you a thread to click on to see the whole exchange but it doesn't (to my knowledge) you have to scroll back loads of pages. I really need to get back into writing though, I used to write loads when I was younger.

EDIT: turns out there is a thread http://imablackbirdwarbler.tumblr.com/post/4437822629/imablackbirdwarbler but you still have to click on each 'note' individually to read it making it really quite useless.

Oh don't! My brain can't compute the possibility of them not having slight crushes on the other... Chris is gorgeous and hilarious and Darren is... Darren! Who cares about sexuality? :tongue:

I haven't written any Glee fanfic! I'm too scared to jump into a fandom when I'm so new to it! Well, in online terms anyway! :rolleyes:
Reading a fanfic now about Rachel/Santana getting together. That's new...

Have to say, I quite like it :ninja:

I've avoided Pezberry thus far! :biggrin: The only fanfic I read is Kurt/Blaine, I stumbled onto Kurt/Puck and some of the fic is fantastic. Not OOC at all! I actually think Santana sort of likes Rachel in canon tbh. The way she's ALWAYS insulting her just makes me think... Rachel on the brain! It goes a bit too far sometimes for it to be merely dislike... imo.
New Warblers track-What Kind of Fool (album only so no spoiler).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M4R8UNKP
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by diamonddust
Me too! :ninja:

*snip*

Spoiler

Oh don't! My brain can't compute the possibility of them not having slight crushes on the other... Chris is gorgeous and hilarious and Darren is... Darren! Who cares about sexuality? :tongue:

I haven't written any Glee fanfic! I'm too scared to jump into a fandom when I'm so new to it! Well, in online terms anyway! :rolleyes:

I've avoided Pezberry thus far! :biggrin: The only fanfic I read is Kurt/Blaine, I stumbled onto Kurt/Puck and some of the fic is fantastic. Not OOC at all! I actually think Santana sort of likes Rachel in canon tbh. The way she's ALWAYS insulting her just makes me think... Rachel on the brain! It goes a bit too far sometimes for it to be merely dislike... imo.

Spoiler

I only usually read Klaine too but this one happened to be one of the latest updated ones when I searched for Glee fic. I agree Santana likes her in the show-this could be my first never-gonna-happen ship. I can't imagine Kurt and Puck :s-smilie:

Spoiler

I only usually read Klaine too but this one happened to be one of the latest updated ones when I searched for Glee fic. I agree Santana likes her in the show-this could be my first never-gonna-happen ship. I can't imagine Kurt and Puck :s-smilie:

Spoiler

There's this amaaaazzing Kurt/Puck fic called The Sting. I recommend it! I never even concieved those two together until that fic haha! I think it could sort of work with Kurt's snarkiness and Puck's badassness but secret senstivity... /total-never-gonna-happen ship
I don't even *need* it to happen!

Spoiler

Thanks for the new Warbler song link! At this rate I won't need to buy the album... OMG the vocals... stop it Bubs and Darren! *dies* Don't know if I like the song very much, it's very... George Michael/BeeGees esque...

Spoiler

There's this amaaaazzing Kurt/Puck fic called The Sting. I recommend it! I never even concieved those two together until that fic haha! I think it could sort of work with Kurt's snarkiness and Puck's badassness but secret senstivity... /total-never-gonna-happen ship
I don't even *need* it to happen!

Spoiler

Thanks for the new Warbler song link! At this rate I won't need to buy the album... OMG the vocals... stop it Bubs and Darren! *dies* Don't know if I like the song very much, it's very... George Michael/BeeGees esque...

I don't even pay attention to the song when it's Darren I just listen to his voice change notes and melody :rofl: he could sing the phone book and I'd buy the song.

I'll have a look for that fic, it should be...interesting :tongue:

Spoiler

I've just been listening to

Spoiler

I know this is so random but has anyone else noticed that Puck/Mark Salling always wears grey! This series especially all his tops/shirts/jumpers etc have been a dark grey colour :p: Suits him though! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Nothing to do with Glee but I have a musical recommendation! Next to Normal= amazing. I'm in awe of Alice Ripley- the mother and the girl who plays the teenage daughter Natalie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r10uWdAIAX0&feature=related

I'm going to have to add Natalie to the list of parts I need to play in my lifetime, though tbh, I'm a little bit like her with the crazy neurotic...ness and overworking. Think e hine e will find some similarities... *cough* instruments *cough* :tongue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSwIBSJsTMs&feature=related

/shamefully OT

I think Kurt should sing Superboy and the Invisible Girl... he'd be amazing!

I have no idea what the date is but I need it to be Night of Neglect day now!
Uh... guys? You know how I said I really disliked Lea's voice in Spring Awakening? I just had another listen after about a year or so and I have to say, I might take that back! I much prefer her voice in SA to Glee... it's more classical sounding and less forced and annoying. :blush: Well, at least it's more classical sounding and less forced and annoying in Mamma Who Bore Me... haven't got to the rest yet! :tongue:

Edit: Just realised Jonathan Groff (Jesse) was in SA with Lea! Playing opposite her as romantic lead...
Why didn't I realise?? That's really cool!

Edit edit: Ohmigosh, is it really 9 days until New!Glee! :woo:

Edit edit edit: Darren Criss would be an amazing Melchior in Spring Awakening. That show seriously has the worst lyrics ever... I'm listening to Totally f*cked right now and... *shakes head* wow.

I know this is getting annoying but I can't get Glee doing Into the Woods out of my head! I have an actual mental castlist and everything!Please don't judge me.... :tongue: This will only make sense if you're familiar with the musical but:

Spoiler

Yeah... not that anyone cares but I thought I'd share. And watch Into the Woods! One of the best musicals I know of!
(edited 12 years ago)
For Lea fans...

http://www.broadwayabridged.com/scripts/springawakening.html

*dies with LOL*

This is a parody of the show.

I particularly liked:

Enter Lea Michele, to find out whether this was worth her giving up Eponine in Les Miserables.

LEA MICHELE
(after singing a lullaby about nothing in particular)
Oh mother... where do babies come from?

The Les Mis one made me laugh because it reminded me of Glee diva offs..

They sing at the same time a lot.

THIS is how MEN fight in a MUSICAL! :rofl:

*goes to sleep*
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I've just been listening to

Spoiler

I know this is so random but has anyone else noticed that Puck/Mark Salling always wears grey! This series especially all his tops/shirts/jumpers etc have been a dark grey colour :p: Suits him though! :biggrin:

I hadn't noticed that, I'll look out for it though I've been wearing grey a lot recently so feel trendy *ahem* now.

I agree about Lea, I really love that performance!

Quick Reply

Latest