The Student Room Group

Does race really matter to girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Anon please. Does race really matter to girls? Be honest. Is your prince charming really a person from Asian/Black descent for instance? Girls rarely have them down as their type. The thing is there are lots of threads saying girls don't mind it. But when it comes to real life at uni let's say, a girl from British descent would never mingle with the same social circle as the guy from the different race let alone mingle with a person of a different race.
Or is my mind warped. Because seriously this is all I'm feeling.

Heya friend, just to clarify a few things for you just so you dont feel rejected or anything. At university people generally tend to be more in touch with their heritage and or routes as to where they are from due to the influence from their families and their norms. for example an indian student from oversees may not be entirely used to the routines of say for example, a group of english students. also at university there is a very diverse range of people so its just a case of finding a level to approach them on. one thing i will say is that not everyone gets on with everyone, its a shame but its true. so if you do approach a group of people and you find you dont get the desired reaction, then just take it on the chin and move on. there are some really good people at university but as with all bunches there are always a rotten few, but dont let that ruin your uni experience. you mention you want a white girl etc but you musnt just be focused on building relationships with just white girls ( looks very bad) but to build or fit in to a social group of which you can go out with and just go with the flow. but one bit advice...DONT TRY TOO HARD!:smile:
Original post by shy-girl666
yeah who knows! :h: but so far i've never met someone of a different race that i was attracted to x

yes you may think that...but not everyone does :smile:
Original post by chowding1234
yes you may think that...but not everyone does :smile:

i never said anyone else should think it! :smile:
it is my personal opinion x
I'm mixed race; my Dad is from London and my Mother is from a place in South America called Guyana and I've inherited her tanned skin. Personally, I don't find any man who isn't white attractive. I have no idea why but I just don't. I figure this is what being brought up in a white middle class area with a white Dad did to me. I'm quite sure this is how other people feel towards me too.
Reply 64
in most cases yes but they like the safe race then rough riders race
As risk of sounding racist, in my opinion, yes, it does matter. I think it matters because different races have different cultural divides, and sometimes that isn't compatible with what I like. For instance, it's probably safe to say a lot of Muslim men would prefer their partners to be virgins. That's their choice and their culuture, but it wouldn't make me a good candidate. I've also found from living as an Expat in Asia, that some races (will not name specific ones.. there's a melting pot of Indian, Chinese, Arab, Malay, Indonesian, Thai, etc where I live) as I am Caucasian, some races here tend to be a bit...deviant, for lack of a better word. It's not very becoming, but most likely it is just a feature of their culture that doesn't agree with me.
Reply 66
If love and attraction is real then surely it should be able to transcend the barriers of skin colour and ethnicity etc.
It all depends! I'm half Persian half Japanese and my GF loves it! She's blonde and white and really likes asian/middle eastern/oriental guys. Every time we watch Dragons den she starts drooling over James Caan.

I used to think that white girls didn't like non white guys, but the fact that I have hot white girlfriend kinda proves that wrong!

And as for "It's not a race thing, it's a culture thing" that's bull****. The sooner people realise all cultures are nothing more than hollow traditions that you don't understand, the sooner we can all move on.
Reply 68
It really just depends on the girl. Sometimes I guess it depends on the society you live in. I live in a really multicultural society and really, I don't care where the guy is from mostly. I have preferences, though. When I was younger I was obsessed with white guys and now I mostly go for Arabs, and I'm black. So really, it all depends.
yes they do. i couldn't go out with a guy who was not the same race as me for fear of what others would think. even the looks and stares that mixed race couples get on the street is enough to put me off. i couldn't handle it.
Reply 70
Anon please. Does race really matter to girls? Be honest. Is your prince charming really a person from Asian/Black descent for instance? Girls rarely have them down as their type. The thing is there are lots of threads saying girls don't mind it. But when it comes to real life at uni let's say, a girl from British descent would never mingle with the same social circle as the guy from the different race let alone mingle with a person of a different race.

To most of them it does. The vast majority of non-Asian women would never date an Asian guy, because they believe that all Asian men have tiny dicks. And even today that silly BBC-article still makes people/women believe in the stereotype.
This thread hasn't given me enough reassurance. I'm 21 and running out of time, most people have had four relationships or so by then!

Wait, twenty one? By the laws of relationship physics and maths, you're going to die alone.
Reply 72
i think white guys mind more than girls about race.
My current boyfriend is Asian British and this is my longest, most serious relationship.
I have fancied Asian guys in the past as well, but they never seemed to like me back. :dontknow:
While it may seem like a lot of girls care there are always going to be a large number who don't. Not all women are the same, no matter how many angry, insecure, misogynist ****s insist the opposite.

HI OP,
The way I see is: Girls that want sex go with anyone that has a good body and looks good. Girls who are desperate will go with anyone. Most mature girls, thinking about settling down, will normally look for guys from the same race!

I'm a 21 year old guy. I see white girls only for going out and sex as all they need is sweet words and someone funny- they dont care whether u are educated or have a good career ahead. when they meet a guy, all they think is for a year as maximum. I'm not being racist here. There are few white girls who are different but probably only 10% of them and I havn't met any of those 10%! When I am about 25/27, I will start looking for someone to settle down and then I'd look for another raced girl- won't mention this to raise conflict but most people can guess!

so no hard feelings mate, you are the one who should be choosing and not them :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending