The Student Room Group

Why are girls so shallow?

Scroll to see replies

Erm, what do you mean we dont fancy men who are good looking? Isn't that your opinion there? And it's undermining everything you're trying to say. Seriously, I've liked guys who other girls deem unattractive, but I found them attractive. What does that say?

Stop taking out your anger on every girl. Maybe you should step up and actually try to get a girlfriend, because you fooking can! You're just being picky...if you're that unattractive, then surely, anything goes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
I don't think girls being 'shallow' is the reason you're not 'getting some'. It's probably because, reading your question, you've defined all girls as being the same, and only out for good-looking and popular guys. Without even knowing if you're good-looking, or the amount of friends you have; i already wouldn't date you. The only shallow one i see is you, and you need to start seeing girls as more than that. Girls always want a good personality, whether or not you are good-looking. Get one and you might get a girl. :smile:
Yea, I'm definitely an outlier to the social norm I guess. I'm an asian nerdy dude who is pretty antisocial - just quiet, no anger issues. But I've had a amazing girlfriend for the past year and 4 months :biggrin:

I say a great deal of luck plays into relationships. This girl was nice enough to give me a chance just cause I was nice and understanding (so people say about me).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 43
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
I prefer intelligence over looks but I think I'm an anomaly :tongue:
Let's not start a battle of the sexes here, please.
Some girls are shallow, and some boys are shallow. Not everyone. Don't generalise. That's all.
Original post by ellakrystina
Nope, I really don't.

Definitely not true. My boyfriend is the most traditionally un-good looking person ever. He has a moustache, long messy hair and is very short... not to mention the fact that he wears cowboy boots as daily wear.

My boyfriend has a few close friends therefore not making him popular.

I have much to offer :sexface:

Get off the H&R forums on TSR.

Lol best answer I have seen here
No, I'm not like that at all :no:
Reply 48
Original post by Anonymous
girls won't regard you at all.

Yes, when instead of talking to them you are sitting on your hands, complaining.

Original post by Bakerzoid

More importantly, what we realised was that there is nothing you can do about the way they think and little to improve yourself (your identity, characteristics) in their eyes beyond what was determined for you before you were born (so we are thinking about genetic factors determining characteristics and your inherited social status).

Dont speak for me, brah. Im counting on that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 49
A lot of people seem to be falling into the trap of wanting a girlfriend for the sake of it.
The attitude of chasing anything that doesn't have testes is by far a greater source of problems than the fact that females may be picky. Indeed because of the collective rampant pursuit by males, they have almost no choice but to be.
Not all girls are shallow. Some, yes, though. But boys are too.

I was once on the bus and these two boys were sat behind me and were talking about how shallow girls are, that there isn't any decent girls around and that they are heartbreakers, when I was about to get off, I got so annoyed by their 'shallow' conversation, I turned around and said: ''Not all girls are like that, maybe you are stuck too far up your own arses to notice those decent girls who just wait to be loved''. And got off. They were so confused!

It's personality that counts, not the looks.
Most girls are OK. Some are shallow like this though. As to why, i think its penis envy. Cz theres no other explanation.
Original post by Stray_talk
I just tried to rep the OP and it told me I couldn't as I'd repped them recently....oooh the intrigue about who this could be :tongue:

I've asked about this before. Rep goes to Anonymous rather than the account of the person hiding behind it. And Anonymous has had it's rep disabled, which is why it's gem never changes.

You've obviously repped another Anonymous post recently, which is why you can't again. And it was in fact a waste of rep since (like the goggles) it does nothing.
We're not all like that! :frown: Quit generalizing.
Original post by History-Student

Original post by History-Student

I've asked about this before. Rep goes to Anonymous rather than the account of the person hiding behind it. And Anonymous has had it's rep disabled, which is why it's gem never changes.

You've obviously repped another Anonymous post recently, which is why you can't again. And it was in fact a waste of rep since (like the goggles) it does nothing.

Pretty sure I haven't repped an Anonymous before, but thanks anyway...
Original post by Anonymous
Why are girls so shallow? I mean they all have their "type of guy". They all seem to dislike men who aren't good looking. Even if you are, you also have to be popular. If you aren't in a popular group, girls won't regard you at all. Most girls seem superficial and have nothing much underneath and loads of girls walk round thinking they are God's gift to men when they themselves have not much to offer.
Seriously what does a guy have to do to get a genuine girl? I'm 21 and haven't found one girl yet, not one. Also anon mods in case of haters etc.

Some people are like this not all.
because we want to, because we want to.
Tch. Women. Who needs 'em? (except me)
Reply 58
I think its a teenage thing that girls will eventually grow out of. Up until as recently as a couple of months ago I was a very shallow person (I'm 21). I couldnt even comprehend the thought of dating someone I didnt consider great looking. Of course I wanted him to have a good personality but if he was a 10 and an ******** I would have still dated him. Very recently I fell for a guy purely based on humour. It shocked me and I tried to deny it at first because his looks arent considered that good but I'm glad it happened as I now have a broader view on whats attractive. Give me an amazing personality with average looks over the opposite any day.
Original post by Gamewizard
Lol best answer I have seen here

Why thank you :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending