The Student Room Group

Does anyone else hate this

On facebook. Girl (it's always girls) post up a picture of them that come on my news/stalker feed so I get to see them whether I want to or not

- doing duckface into a mirror
-bending over to show her cleavage
- wearing hot pants/bikini flaunting various part in the mirror (that more often than not are two sizes two small
- all of the above
- (if girl is in relationship) kissing her ex/ ex kissing her on cheek

posting an attention seeker picture to get attention (fair enough...)

BUT THEN

the responses make me sick on my mouth

"awww bbzzz you look so gorgeous lv you <3<3<3"
"aww darling you look so lovely wish I had your [insert various bodily feature]
[guy] "hey hottie you look sexy xxxx" (not if girl is in relationship obvs)

and the girl's totally lapping it going "aww thanks bbz xxxx"

Have we become so pathetic as a society that the only way to boost many people's self esteem is posting flirty pictures on facebook for people, many of whom they will barely know, to stare at?

What's worse are the obviously preprogrammed responses that the girl PRETENDS she doesn't expect but obviously is fishing for them

Yes it's 3am. I'm sorry I find this the most annoying thing on the planet, even more than standing barefoot on Lego in the middle of the night
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I kind of hate this too. You can't really fight it, so when I find myself looking through photos I don't really care about on Facebook, I just think 'why the hell am I wasting my time looking at this?' and do something more useful with my time. Eventually you'll care so little that you'll ignore it fully.
Reply 2
Original post by Aeschylus
On facebook. Girl (it's always girls) post up a picture of them that come on my news/stalker feed so I get to see them whether I want to or not

- wearing hot pants/bikini flaunting various part in the mirror (that more often than not are two sizes two small
- all of the above

BUT THEN

Have we become so pathetic as a society that the only way to boost many people's self esteem is posting flirty pictures on facebook for people, many of whom they will barely now, to stare at?

What's worse are the obviously preprogrammed responses that the girl PRETENDS she doesn't expect but obviously is fishing for them

Yes it's 3am. I'm sorry I find this the most annoying thing on the planet, even more than standing barefoot on Lego in the middle of the night

This sounds like someone on my feed LOL, granted she's a nice girl though :smile:
It gets on my nerves a bit, it's worthy of an eye roll...
I don't hate it..would take too much of my energy. it's slightly annoying but people will do what they want so worry about yourself and be glad you're not doing dumb stuff like that.
Reply 5
yes i do hate this thread, its really boring

- all of the above

Why u complaining? u gay brah?
Reply 7
I expect it from girls. And if they're hot I love seeing it. Theres a girl I pray for shots from every week. I hate it when guys do full body shots of their supposed hot abs.
I must admit, it is a bit annoying...
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
I kind of hate this too. You can't really fight it, so when I find myself looking through photos I don't really care about on Facebook, I just think 'why the hell am I wasting my time looking at this?' and do something more useful with my time. Eventually you'll care so little that you'll ignore it fully.

I'm doing this to the max: I deleted my account. One of the best decisions I have made:smile:
Why don't you just delete them from your feed? Or block them if it matters that much. Of course it takes a third of a second to just scroll right through it, I don't see why it takes that much effort to ignore; granted if you saw this 15 times a day I would see where it might get a little aggravating for you.
Reply 11

- all of the above

BUT THEN

Have we become so pathetic as a society that the only way to boost many people's self esteem is posting flirty pictures on facebook for people, many of whom they will barely know, to stare at?

Jealous much?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

- all of the above

BUT THEN

Wanted to ask; how old are you? I'm 16 (in 6th form) and this rarely happens anymore. Most girls have pictures of them with their friends on a night out or before a night out - and are mostly perfectly well dressed and look great. By the time people have gotten to my age it seems everyone's matured quite considerably - but maybe this area and my 6th form are a bit of an exception?

I have friends who are in Year 10/11 too and the girls in those years seem much more fitting to your description. Post a pouting photo and get like 50 likes and comments going 'aw you luk stunnin! xxx <3'

But yeah I just don't see that very much with people my age, so how old are you?
No, I don't hate this. I don't hate anything, for that matter. And neither should you. The word 'hate' is probably the most overused one in the English language. People throw it around without knowing what it even means, particularly British and American people. You may hate someone who killed your father, or raped your mother. But that's about it. Hate is a horrible, extreme feeling and should be reserved for extreme cases. You may find these girls on facebook annoying, or irritating, or off-putting, but you definitely don't hate them.

I could write the same rant for that four letter word starting with 'L', by the way...
Reply 14
If you've got it then you should use it. :biggrin:
this is why girls are silly
I delete all people like this, or if that will cause too much trouble I simply block everything I can of them.

****ing simple, really.

Thankfully, the vast majority of people that I choose to become aquainted with aren't ****ing 13 year old girls trapped in adult bodies. Or 13 year old girls. That would be a bit weird.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by hassi94
Wanted to ask; how old are you? I'm 16 (in 6th form) and this rarely happens anymore. Most girls have pictures of them with their friends on a night out or before a night out - and are mostly perfectly well dressed and look great. By the time people have gotten to my age it seems everyone's matured quite considerably - but maybe this area and my 6th form are a bit of an exception?

I have friends who are in Year 10/11 too and the girls in those years seem much more fitting to your description. Post a pouting photo and get like 50 likes and comments going 'aw you luk stunnin! xxx <3'

But yeah I just don't see that very much with people my age, so how old are you?

The majority are 16-24.
I especially hate when they put up pics like that and then reply to all the compliments pretending they think they look awful. My cousin (15) has that on her facebook, a pic of her in hot pants (not knicker-length short but short enough) getting ready for a night out and she obviously got loads of "Looking gorgeous hun/bbz) comments to which she replied, "I look awful/state of me", etc. Except obviously everything was spelt wrong. The making up the spelling of words annoys me more - 'mii' for me, 'yhuu' for you, etc. Bbz annoys me too. Not enough to do anything about it though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Refrigerator

Original post by Refrigerator
this is why girls are silly

Quit that talk otherwise you'll get more neg :tongue:

OP - if you don't like it and can't get over it, BLOCK or REMOVE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending