The Student Room Group

Ex wants to meet and talk

My boyfriend of 6 years dumped me by phone and finally admitted he went to the Ukraine to meet another woman. He said he has fallen for her and that she listens to him unlike me allegedly. He gave me mixed signlas saying don't get my hopes up, he wants to see if it works out with her but wants to clear his head.

I finally admitted to him I was abused as a child which is why we didn't have sex, he wanted to know more but said I should have told him then. I don't get why he said we can talk Tuesday night and meet the weekend to talk. It's like he thinks I don't have plans sitting waiting fir him, why would we need to talk twice? He has broke my heart and I don't know what to say when we meet up.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend of 6 years dumped me by phone and finally admitted he went to the Ukraine to meet another woman. He said he has fallen for her and that she listens to him unlike me allegedly. He gave me mixed signlas saying don't get my hopes up, he wants to see if it works out with her but wants to clear his head.

I finally admitted to him I was abused as a child which is why we didn't have sex, he wanted to know more but said I should have told him then. I don't get why he said we can talk Tuesday night and meet the weekend to talk. It's like he thinks I don't have plans sitting waiting fir him, why would we need to talk twice? He has broke my heart and I don't know what to say when we meet up.

let him do the talking, he's the one who suggested to meet up
just don't be bitter about the break up, it won't solve anything
Reply 2
If he wants to do the talking, then let him. Only thing I would say is whatever he says or you may have to tell him, don't end on bad terms. When someone has been a part of your life for that long, it is nice to always have some form of contact with them rather than losing a big chunk of your past.
Reply 3
I just feel nervous and am dreading him saying that's it.
Original post by Refrigerator
let him do the talking, he's the one who suggested to meet up
just don't be bitter about the break up, it won't solve anything

Easier said than done.

6 years? and he goes and runs off with some foreigner, jeez.
GO and Hear him out...
Original post by Anonymous

I wouldn't even bother meeting with him. Six years and he dumps you by phone? Goes off to another woman? That definately spells coward.

If I was in your position I wouldn't meet with him and I would cut off contact.

Don't feel you have to owe him a reason for not sleeping with him, especially something as personal as abuse you sufferred from.

Cut him out of your life and move on. He clearly has no problem doing that with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending