The Student Room Group

Does anyone else find really intelligent guys (oxbridge types) attractive?

Hey!
Most girls I know find a guys looks the deciding factor in whether they are attracted to them, but is anyone else like me and finds intelligence/ambition extremely hot? Bahhh....I should have gone to Oxford! Haha. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Money is better
I'msoacademic will only every consider an oxbridge boy.....
yES! but not if they're really nerdy with no social life.
Reply 4
Original post by qasman
I like my girls severely retarded, thank you very much.

good luck with that...
Original post by mooniibuggy
yES! but not if they're really nerdy with no social life.

Lol. Significantly reduced the demographic there.
Reply 6
You can't bash one out to someones personality/int[lelligence, so no.
Reply 7
I like nerdy types :smile:
Reply 8
Most girls I know have this reaction, if I mention wanting to go to Oxford:

:lolwut:
most girls I've talked to don't really value ambition and intelligence, I like you OP
A lot of girls can find it off-putting actually, and prefer to be the more intelligent one in the relationship...
Reply 11
Some also believe intelligence correlates well with wealth, at least on a subconscious level.

Gold-digging bitches.
Yeah, a lot of girls I've spoken to have this thing where they have to be the smarter one in the relationship. Don't quite get why this is, but then again, females don't make much sense at all. :confused:
Reply 13
Original post by Yawn11
Some also believe intelligence correlates well with wealth, at least on a subconscious level.

Gold-digging bitches.

Or perhaps simply they prefer intelligent conversation and passion for something that has depth.
*Awaits ImSoAcademic*
Reply 15
Girls like being the smarter one in a relationship because they enjoy being able to control their boyfriend. Now I'm going to be neg repped by such girls.
Original post by EmilyMcB
Or perhaps simply they prefer intelligent conversation and passion for something that has depth.

:perv:

Well, hello there...
I really like intelligent guys and actually only really consider clever people, luckily for me in my school there are hot guys who are extremely clever:biggrin:
I'm not one for the oxbridge candidates tho, they seem too set in there ways and a bit arrogant with no real personality other than the NEED to get good grades and prove to theworld that they are amazing by experiencing the prestige of oxbridge, not the case for all, i know, because some of my friends are going to oxbridge and they are lovely but i know far more that are on the other end of the spectrum (like i described before):smile:
Original post by clara78
personally I think its because of the British culture people here don't really value education as much as they do in I mean in my culture people value education more and think highly of people that are really educated and look down upon people who are less educated and ambitious even in my faith we are even told when were looking to marry someone we should look at their intelligence rather then his/her beauty.

just curious...what is your culture/religion then??:smile:
Reply 19
Purely intelligent people, those verging to be a genius have a lifestyle in which they don't consider companionship a priority. They don't have time for girls/family, so it's not like the general dating population will include an Einstein, a Newton, a Da Vinci.

Quick Reply

Latest