The Student Room Group

Does anyone else find really intelligent guys (oxbridge types) attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Doughnuts!!
:perv:

Well, hello there...

Oh hai

Reply 21
Original post by clara78
personally I think its because of the British culture people here don't really value education as much as they do in I mean in my culture people value education more and think highly of people that are really educated and look down upon people who are less educated and ambitious even in my faith we are even told when were looking to marry someone we should look at their intelligence rather then his/her beauty.

I think that is quite an invalid statement to make, the 'British culture' generally values education more than other cultures! They are stereotypically known for this trait! Perhaps you mean the 'Chav culture'?
And its hardly like our parents sit us down and tell us to marry someone who's stupid with no goals!
Intelligent guys are the way forward. There aren't that many of them around though. I like to be able to have an actual discussion with the guy I'm with. But most of the remotely intelligent guys I meet end up being too far up their own asses. Looks like I'll just have to wait patiently.

In the meantime, is imsoacademic ill or something? She hasn't popped up on the thread yet!
Am I the first one to say that just because you got into oxbridge it doesn't mean you are intelligent. A levels aren't a measure of intelligence. (note: I'm not an angry jealous oxbrudge reject ¬_¬)
Reply 24
Original post by Lewroll
Am I the first one to say that just because you got into oxbridge it doesn't mean you are intelligent. A levels aren't a measure of intelligence. (note: I'm not an angry jealous oxbrudge reject ¬_¬)

No I totally agree...I had the grades for Oxbridge but just didn't choose to got there. In fact most of the people I am at uni with hold the required grades but simply just chose my uni instead for the simple reason that they preferred the City!
They wouldn't have to just be from oxbridge!
Reply 25
Do like the slightly nerdy type o.0
Original post by Lewroll

Agreed. Everybody seems to think that I'm some sort of genius because I'm going to read Law at Cambridge, but I'm anything but a genius.

Original post by zxh800
Oh hai

That's my perfect girl right there.

:jiggy:
Well, I don't want them to be thicker than me..
(and I'm BLATANTLY Oxbridge material ;>)
Original post by Lewroll

The hardest part about getting into Oxbridge isn't getting the requisite A level grades, it's passing the entrance tests/interviews and receiving an offer.
Intelligence is probably more of a factor for me than looks. I'm not particularly fussy about looks but I could only be with someone clever.

Whilst I was there, I definitely had attractions to people who weren't conventionally good-looking but who were either extremely intelligent or extremely creative. Or both :love:
Reply 30
inb4 imsoacademic :biggrin:
Original post by EmilyMcB
Hey!
Most girls I know find a guys looks the deciding factor in whether they are attracted to them, but is anyone else like me and finds intelligence/ambition extremely hot? Bahhh....I should have gone to Oxford! Haha. :tongue:

Yes, yes, yes! :love:
Reply 32
I think I'd disappoint; I'm off to Oxford but I'm a Geordie with a love for saveloy dips and the products of Greggs. And Brown Ale...
Original post by milkytea
Most girls I know have this reaction, if I mention wanting to go to Oxford:

:lolwut:

Original post by Refrigerator
most girls I've talked to don't really value ambition and intelligence, I like you OP

Original post by It could be lupus
A lot of girls can find it off-putting actually, and prefer to be the more intelligent one in the relationship...

What the actual ****? :facepalm2:

Why type of girls do you associate with?
i doesnt really bother me, unless there GCSE Level thick it wouldnt matter to me
Original post by im so academic

not that many to be honest
Reply 36
Yesssss, I love it when I can have a proper conversation about politics or economics etc with a boy that actually has opinions and beliefs

Usually I really dont care about looks as long as they are intelligent and make me laugh its fine
Reply 37
Original post by im so academic

Working class ones.
Oh definitely yes to this.
I find men who are intellectual and have been brought up well so damn attractive.
I'm afraid that I would probably not fit their description of an ideal woman though :/
Reply 39
My question is where do I find them?! Haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending